tonycpsu

2019 June Closer Thread

9 minutes ago, j14nelson said:

No Iglesias. Unreal

Lorenzen seems to be the guy in Bell's mind. And probably no trade value with Iglesias. 

On 6/27/2019 at 4:23 PM, Biig_Pressure21 said:

I know people are only talking about CMart or Gant being the possible closer to replace Hicks.  Why is no one talking about A. Miller.  Don't understand why he couldn't possibly become the closer.   I mean, is there a chance he could become closer?

Cause he sucks. He's never regained his pre-injury form.

• Like 2

On 6/27/2019 at 6:58 PM, Fiveohnine said:

This circle jerk is fascinating to me. Really. Iglesias sucks as a pitcher. David Bell is a good manager. Chopping up statistics to suggest otherwise is a way to spend your time, if that's what you enjoy.

I mean, how about next we can see how Iglesias pitches in night games vs. day games and then blame Bell for not using someone else based on more silly randomly picked stats that have no actual proof of affecting a pitcher’s ability to do his job and get guys out whatsoever? Sounds like a plan.

David Bell is horrendous.   You don't underperform your metrics like the reds have unless your manager sucks. 

And Iglesias is a brat.

• Like 1

is it still a committee w iglesias and lorenzen? i see lorenzen has a much higher k rate this year....is he still awful? or is he on peds?

1 hour ago, David Aames said:

is it still a committee w iglesias and lorenzen? i see lorenzen has a much higher k rate this year....is he still awful? or is he on peds?

Wondering the same, as Lorenzen is on waivers.  Wonder with how Iglesias has performed in non save situations, if it’s cost him the 9th. 

1 hour ago, CharlesHustle said:

So I guess Shawn Kelley if the guy?

Has been almost all season

• Like 2

On 6/27/2019 at 4:29 PM, Members_Only_76 said:

As a "closer" Iglesias is solid. Last BS was like May 3rd. 13 out of 15 chances. But he's taken 7 losses in non-save chances. That's bad.

He's pitched like 14 innings in non save situations hasn't he? I think there's a fair chance that's just statistical noise still.

Also, the guy has to give his team some innings.  He'd only have, what, 15 IP if he only pitched in save situations.

Third, while his career splits still show a difference, it's not like he's been unrosterable in non save situations.  What does he have, an ERA in the low 3s?  That's fine.

• Like 1

How are people handling Liam Hendricks? Saw on a Roto blurb that Treinen is nearing a bullpen session.  Was hoping he would miss some significant time. 

2 minutes ago, HaloFanatic17 said:

How are people handling Liam Hendricks? Saw on a Roto blurb that Treinen is nearing a bullpen session.  Was hoping he would miss some significant time. 

Karma is a ....

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Karma is a ....

I wasn’t hoping he was severely injured but taking a speculative add on Hendricks when I’ve already lost Hicks, I was hoping to get more usage out of Hendricks 

• Like 2

I’m slightly amazed he’s coming back so quickly from cuff soreness.

1 hour ago, BMcP said:

I’m slightly amazed he’s coming back so quickly from cuff soreness.

Same here.  I’m going to hold onto Hendricks.  If Treinen is having cuff issues I can’t imagine they won’t resurface by the seasons end. 

• Like 1

Over under on Wade Davis a meddling MR in 15 days?

21 minutes ago, CraftyRighty said:

Over under on Wade Davis a meddling MR in 15 days?

As an oberg owner, hoping for the under..lol

Just now, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

As an oberg owner, hoping for the under..lol

ditto, but I honestly believe there's something up with Davis. I know he simply isn't very good at this point in his career, but he also isn't this bad.

Welcome back Alvarardo!  Picking up where you left off.  Wish I never saw that 100 mph 2 seamer early in season so I didn’t buy this turd.  Not sure how someone with that kind of arsenal consistently get smashed.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, kidtwentytwo said:

Why is dan Hudson closing

He couldn’t close the deal but gets the win. 

Watching the rox game right now and bud black said that oberg was the closer, but is unavailable tonight so if a save opp comes up, Davis will be the one

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

Anyone think the clean inning from Davis earned him one more crack at saving his role? If not, what do we think the leash looks like on Oberg going forward? [...] 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Bench Coach content

On 6/27/2019 at 3:23 PM, Biig_Pressure21 said:

I know people are only talking about CMart or Gant being the possible closer to replace Hicks.  Why is no one talking about A. Miller.  Don't understand why he couldn't possibly become the closer.   I mean, is there a chance he could become closer?

On 6/28/2019 at 10:58 PM, 96mnc said:

Cause he sucks. He's never regained his pre-injury form.

If he sucks so bad then why is he 47% owned in Yahoo?  Most non-closer RP's are usually under 10% owned.  So just maybe there's a chance he could be the dark horse to close out games...