tonycpsu

2019 June Closer Thread

6 minutes ago, Biig_Pressure21 said:

If he sucks so bad then why is he 47% owned in Yahoo?  Most non-closer RP's are usually under 10% owned.  So just maybe there's a chance he could be the dark horse to close out games...

Or the he was drafted in Yahoo public leagues and is just sitting on dead rosters...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dirk's Digglers said:

Or the he was drafted in Yahoo public leagues and is just sitting on dead rosters...

Of Course, another hater on A. Miller.  You will all regret being so Salty on him.  He's a hold until I see in person how the closer job unfolds.

4 minutes ago, Biig_Pressure21 said:

Of Course, another hater on A. Miller.  You will all regret being so Salty on him.  He's a hold until I see in person how the closer job unfolds.

Miller may very well get a stray save here or there against a lefty-heavy lineup if they decide to go situational -- unfortunately we haven't been able to get a read yet. But I agree that making player judgements on Yahoo ownership isn't wise. There are a ton of public teams that have long since been abandoned.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Biig_Pressure21 said:

If he sucks so bad then why is he 47% owned in Yahoo?  Most non-closer RP's are usually under 10% owned.  So just maybe there's a chance he could be the dark horse to close out games...

LOL@people who pay so much attention and stock into % owned.

Most leagues by now are dead. Most who are out of it have already moved on to football.

Edited by Gryfter
  • Like 7

28 minutes ago, Biig_Pressure21 said:

Or, he sucks because he's just not very good.

He's had an ERA over 4 for a year and a half now, hasn't had more than 2 saves in a season since '16 and I don't believe the manager has even mentioned him in the closer discussion.

But yes, everyone else is just a hater apparently.

• Like 5

I wonder how the Red Sox feel about the whole closer by committee thing now

• Haha 1

They better sign the fresh prince OR another solid closer that will be available if they have any hopes on making/going deep in october

13 minutes ago, elrey said:

I wonder how the Red Sox feel about the whole closer by committee thing now

Seems like an odd comment from a Mets fan and their cookie cutter, everyone has an assigned role, dumpster fire of a bullpen. 

• Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Barnes with the 81.00 ERA/9.00 WHIP outing.  I was hanging on for dear life because of the K/9 and FIP, but now we must be parting ways.  

Edited by Tommy Lee Jones

11 minutes ago, Junkie Cosmonaut said:

Seems like an odd comment from a Mets fan and their cookie cutter, everyone has an assigned role, dumpster fire of a bullpen. 

Wonder if the Mets would entertain trading Diaz.  Problem is his stock has gone down this year and they traded a future all star to get him. 

34 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

Barnes with the 81.00 ERA/9.00 WHIP outing.  I was hanging on for dear life because of the K/9 and FIP, but now we must be parting ways. 

He had to be DL'ed soon, they cannot keep running him out there to be shelled every appearance. Something must be wrong, he's gone downhill fast and is getting shelled worse than Allen was. 

5 hours ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Anyone think the clean inning from Davis earned him one more crack at saving his role? If not, what do we think the leash looks like on Oberg going forward? [...] 

I picked up Oberg and am wondering the same. It wouldn't surprise me if it does.  He's had a good career and is getting paid a ton of money. 

Well Swarzak won't be in the running to become closer for awhile now:

Braves placed RHP Anthony Swarzak on the 10-day injured list with right shoulder inflammation.

This is a tough blow for the Braves, as Swarzak has been outstanding since coming over from the Mariners -- posting a 0.52 ERA, 0.81 WHIP and 21/6K/BB ratio across 17 1/3 innings in a setup role. Chad Sobotka has been recalled from Triple-A in a corresponding move.

Jun 30, 2019, 3:10 PM ET

• Like 1

Who is the Red Sox closer? 

Nobody ... 

Full on committee in Cincinnati 

Kennedy works around a lead-off walk to nail down another save.

4 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

This is a gift for Iglesias. Lorenzen comes out for the seventh and gets shelled. Iglesias brought in with runner on in eighth in a one-run game for six outs and narrowly escapes, then the Reds get him four insurance runs in the top of the ninth. Coming out for the bottom (they let him hit) for what should be an easy save.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, JameisofThrones said:

This is a gift for Iglesias. Lorenzen comes out for the seventh and gets shelled. Iglesias brought in with runner on in eighth in a one-run game for six outs and narrowly escapes, then the Reds get him four insurance runs in the top of the ninth. Coming out for the bottom (they let him hit) for what should be an easy save.

Good one. 

32 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Bull****. Even before that jack, the second RI was brought in in the 8th. It was all Lorenzen’s

9 minutes ago, JameisofThrones said:

Of course, he gives up a three-run dong to Heyward before closing it out. They had Hernandez warming behind him -- was probably one more basrunner from getting yanked

Iglesias didn’t exactly slam the door shut, which of course is all David Bell’s fault. 

55 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

Iglesias didn’t exactly slam the door shut, which of course is all David Bell’s fault. 

I think everybody knows Iglesias sucks.

How this mental midget is used is on the manager and being debated.

10 hours ago, Biig_Pressure21 said:

Seriously using percent-owned as a measuring stick?

• Like 2