tonycpsu

2019 June Closer Thread

If I were you I'd trade for Carlos Martinez in some kind of package deal. He closed last year

Looks like Jackson is still the guy because Minter sucks this year and Swarzak is hurt. 

Jackson had a decent outing this week so i'm hoping he turns a corner and stops giving up runs every other save opp.

47 minutes ago, Michael Bluth said:

Sounds like treinen back Wednesday. Damn weekly league

Do we anticipate he gets his first action in an actual save scenario?  My inclination is 'no' given how effective Hendriks has been, but Melvin doesn't strike me as a guy to let an injury depose a guy who has excelled in a role for him previously.

1 hour ago, Under500Forever said:

Looks like Jackson is still the guy because Minter sucks this year and Swarzak is hurt. 

Jackson had a decent outing this week so i'm hoping he turns a corner and stops giving up runs every other save opp.

Our bullpen is an absolute mess and has cost us so many games, Doesn't matter who closes because they all suck especially with Swarzak out, He was the only one that was semi reliable.  Something has to be done at the trade deadline or we can kiss any chance of going deep in playoffs goodbye.

1 hour ago, Lebanasty said:

Do we anticipate he gets his first action in an actual save scenario?  My inclination is 'no' given how effective Hendriks has been, but Melvin doesn't strike me as a guy to let an injury depose a guy who has excelled in a role for him previously.

I'd expect Treinen to regain his role as closer as soon as he's back.

27 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

I'd expect Treinen to regain his role as closer as soon as he's back.

Yeah as much as I'd love Hendriks to stick around for a bit, Treinen's going right back in. I can't believe how fast he's recovered from this.

• Like 1

I agree that Treinen goes right back to closing but I'd be holding Hendriks where you can. Rotator cuff strains are not usually something that just goes away that quickly. I just hope they don't screw up his career with this move. 

3 hours ago, BostonCajun said:

I agree that Treinen goes right back to closing but I'd be holding Hendriks where you can. Rotator cuff strains are not usually something that just goes away that quickly. I just hope they don't screw up his career with this move. 

This is where I'm coming from.  Everything I read was he'd be shut down. Now he's coming back after the minimum IL stint?  He hid or suffered through the injury the first half the season. Why do we think he's being sincere about being 100% now?

Color me skeptical. 

• Like 1