Sign in to follow this  
AirForceOne

Sammy Watkins or DJ Moore?

I'm struggling with this one as they seem to be very similar players.
This is for a Dynasty league, PPR.  

Moore will get a lot of targets, but Cam isn't gonna throw for a ton of yards.
Also Olsen is back, and there seems to be a lot of competition for targets in the middle of the field with McCaffrey and Samuel.

Watkins is certainly injury prone, but has more experience and has a ton of upside and TD potential with Tyreek's situation very murky.

Who is a better pick in a PPR Dynasty league for the next 4 years?

If you are looking long term then it is Moore. I think Watkins will be the better play this year though. 

• Like 1

Absolutely Moore, even this season.

- Watkins hasn't had 600+ in the past 3 years, with under 50 yd/game. Moore had close to 800 in his rookie season with a higher average (just higher, but still). 

- Mahomes is arguably the better QB, but a healthy Cam is no slouch either. Last week I was still pessimistic about Cam's recovery, but it seems he's already throwing balls. The surgery really appears to have been relatively minor. 

- Do you prefer the #1 on Cam's team or the #2 on Mahomes (Kelce is the clear #1 in Kansas)? I think I take Moore here.

All in all, I think it's Moore, both this year and for the next four.

Moore and it's not even close! Sammy is beyond fragile & born of glass. 

DJ Moore... for sure 😎

Tyreek Hill's imminent vacancy could spell more targets for an injury-prone Watkins, but I wouldn't bet on that being the case. Kansas City's entire backfield, Travis Kelce, DeMarcus Robinson, rookie Mecole Hardman are all essential candidates. As well as any other free agent WR's (there's a long list) they want to grab to bolster their depth. I'd rather bet on DJ Moore's future.

Moore for dynasty. I’d probably go Sammy redraft though