Iron-cock

2019 Rotoworld Mock Real League

5 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Apologies gents (and ladies) ... 

Broken selects Amari Cooper

I select Brandin Cooks 

Got damn it

5 minutes ago, Winky said:

I think the SF offense actually has a lot of mouths to feed and a QB that will distribute the ball really well.
Kittle was the focal point of an offense led by a back-up QB, had unhealthy RBs, and had no WRs.
I still think he'll be the lead receiving target on the 49ers, but Garopollo will consistently get the ball to other players.
Kittle will still be a top shelf TE in 2019, but I think his yards come back while his TDs improve a little... 1050, 7

Who are these mouths to feed?

SF #1 WR is Dante Pettis

Lol

With the 35th Pick in the 2019 Rotoworld Mock Real League, Zidane Valor selects:

Adam Thielen, WR, Minnesota Vikings
Zidane's 2019 Ranking: 6th WR, 15th Overall

2018 Statistics
113 receptions, 1373 receiving yards (12.2 YPR), 9 TD
247.8 fantasy points

2019 Projection
100 receptions, 1250 receiving yards (12.5 YPR), 8 TD
223 fantasy points

I put in some regression due to his ridiculously fast start last year, but I still have Thielen as my WR6.  Even though he only had 5 and 4 TDs the previous two years, I still think the connection with Kirk Cousins is legit.  Even though the Vikings did not run the ball too much last year and will increase their rushing attempts, I still think there is plenty of passing targets for Theilen and the other big not-drafted yet receiver.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Who are these mouths to feed?

SF #1 WR is Dante Pettis

Lol

So it may just be a difference of opinion, DHC, but imo, the 49ers have a talented roster despite the lack of superstars.

I think redacted/redacted & redacted will catch their fair share at RB...
Kittle will get his and the WR crew of redacted/redacted/redacted & redacted will all see reasonable targets.

Kittle will be a solid TE, but I'd be surprised if he got 136 targets again this season.

Edited by Winky
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, predator_05 said:

These days I'm terrified to say anything remotely critical of people's "preferred" players, but since i'm comfortable around you guys, i'll have a little nudge:

Why is Fournette elite?

He averaged over 4 yards a carry, in what...6 games in the NFL? How many big plays does he make? And this is before you consider the fact that his body hasn't really held up under the workload. So far, his NFL career hasn't come close to justifying the hype, and he keeps getting plenty of hype - for no reason whatsoever. In most games, he's plodding away at a blue collar 3.5 yards a carry, which is a million miles away from elite.

It's not like Jacksonville can boast of a balanced offense and a strong offensive line either, there haven't been any major changes that could make you feel optimistic.

Sell me on Fournette, guys.

80% of their offensive line was hurt last year, including prized FA Guard Andrew Norwell, 1 of the best OL in the league. Their C, also injured, graded as 1 of the 25 best offensive lineman (any position) in the league last year. This OL has 2 elite players on it, in addition to using a high draft pick on the prototypical "road grading mauler" RT in Jawaan Taylor. 

Short version: the starting LT is healthy, a monster RT has been added, and the 2 elite players on the OL should be healthy for '19. Huge difference on the OL. 

Back to Fournette ... his abysmal YPC last year may have had to do with the above issues + his own health + Bortles regressing back to being Bortles (They signed a competent QB, in addition to the OL reinforcements returning/added ... it's actually quite a few "major changes that could make you feel optimistic".) 

I don't "love" Fournette - I love the fact that he's on a list of only a handful of RBs that get 20+ touches a week. 

I also love that Fournette, despite being somewhat of a "bust" in his career, has per game averages of: 22 touches, 94 total yards, and 16 TDs in 21 games (20 TD in 24 Games counting post season). That's with him being a disappointment - not too shabby. 

His usage in the passing game has also increased each year, and they've said it will continue to do so. Don't expect him to be a PPR dynamo - but the receptions should should approach 50+ (he had 36 in 13 games as a rookie). 

I have no problem making a list of RBs I like better in a vaccum. I have a hard time thinking of 10 RBs I'd much rather have in fantasy football given his per game production and projected workload. 

Perspective:

This bust's per game averages extrapolate to 1500 total yards / 13 TDs over 16 games ... and that's with him being a disappointment thus far.

• Like 1

Taylor might end up being the best OL in this class, I was praying the Vikes would trade up to get him to pair with Bradbury.

1 hour ago, ZidaneValor said:

With the 36th Pick in the 2019 Rotoworld Mock Real League, predator_05 selects:

I still think there is plenty of passing targets for the other big not-drafted yet receiver.

Stefon Diggs

@Ironcock OTC

Anyone have picks for Boud or Pack?

Watching five straight WRs go like.....

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

80% of their offensive line was hurt last year, including prized FA Guard Andrew Norwell, 1 of the best OL in the league. Their C, also injured, graded as 1 of the 25 best offensive lineman (any position) in the league last year. This OL has 2 elite players on it, in addition to using a high draft pick on the prototypical "road grading mauler" RT in Jawaan Taylor. 

Short version: the starting LT is healthy, a monster RT has been added, and the 2 elite players on the OL should be healthy for '19. Huge difference on the OL. 

Back to Fournette ... his abysmal YPC last year may have had to do with the above issues + his own health + Bortles regressing back to being Bortles (They signed a competent QB, in addition to the OL reinforcements returning/added ... it's actually quite a few "major changes that could make you feel optimistic".) 

I don't "love" Fournette - I love the fact that he's on a list of only a handful of RBs that get 20+ touches a week. 

I also love that Fournette, despite being somewhat of a "bust" in his career, has per game averages of: 22 touches, 94 total yards, and 16 TDs in 21 games (20 TD in 24 Games counting post season). That's with him being a disappointment - not too shabby. 

His usage in the passing game has also increased each year, and they've said it will continue to do so. Don't expect him to be a PPR dynamo - but the receptions should should approach 50+ (he had 36 in 13 games as a rookie). 

I have no problem making a list of RBs I like better in a vaccum. I have a hard time thinking of 10 RBs I'd much rather have in fantasy football given his per game production and projected workload. 

Perspective:

This bust's per game averages extrapolate to 1500 total yards / 13 TDs over 16 games ... and that's with him being a disappointment thus far.

Fair assessment, but i count too many what-ifs to justify it as a 2nd round pick. Its not like the line was playing well before the injuries piled up, which goes back to what i saying about continuity. Foles is another question mark for me, he's never been good outside of a handful of games on a great Philly team.

One thing i'll agree on is the workload, they'll give him a big workload.

Edited by predator_05

14 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Fair assessment, but i count too many what-ifs to justify it as a 2nd round pick. Its not like the line was playing well before the injuries piled up, which goes back to what i saying about continuity. Foles is another question mark for me, he's never been good outside of a handful of games on a great Philly team.

One thing i'll agree on is the workload, they'll give him a big workload.

The only “what ifs” are Foles > Bortles and Jawaan Taylor. 

https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/rankings/rb-cheatsheets.php

Can you honestly look at this list and name 10 RBs who are:

1. Getting close to his workload

2. Play in better offenses 

2 minutes ago, MareeK said:

I am looking for owners for a 10 MAN FREE HALF PPR LEAGUE JOIN HERE ----> https://sleeper.app/i/jwaVZxoKzZ2w

I have commissioned 107 leagues starting in 2007. Looking for veteran owners who check their rosters every week and want to have fun. Join before the slots fill 😃

giphy.gif

• Like 4

How firm is the redacted rule? Just seems kind of extra in a league like this. I think a better rule would be no assistant coaching. I wouldn't care if someone said a player's name before they got drafted unless it was "hey team x, you could really use an RB. Player x is still on the board."

I think it's more about context than naming the actual player. 

2 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

How firm is the redacted rule? Just seems kind of extra in a league like this. I think a better rule would be no assistant coaching. I wouldn't care if someone said a player's name before they got drafted unless it was "hey team x, you could really use an RB. Player x is still on the board."

I break the rule every single year and I'm still here.
giphy.gif

Just in time then!

original.gif

With the 3.10 pick, after WR/WR, time to get some running power, and I am a believer in Kerryon Johnson, on the Lions. He's mine, and our Australian friend @PackersFan1979 is next.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

Nobody wants to feel like they got sniped because you mentioned their sleeper/next pick.  It's a gentleman's rule, and not too hard to follow. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

It's a gentleman's rule

Makes it even less appropriate for this league. 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2