Iron-cock

2019 Rotoworld Mock Real League

9 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I guess that's true. I think WR is pretty deep this year and I like Baker. He threw 27 TDs last year to mostly scrubs WRs and now has OBJ. 

I think you drafted OBJ so at least when I play you and OBJ scores then I will score too with baker

Actually Mayfield is one of the reasons I reached a bit for OBJ. I think he'll be in a better position than the past couple years, and having Landry (who I don't think is very good, but good enough) stretch the field, will help him even more. It was a bit of a bold move with eg Julio and Conner still on the table, but I like the upside of OBJ.

Although his pretty horrific injury risk scares the crap out of me. There is definitely a chance that when we play, you'll be laughing as Mayfield feeds his receivers with TD after TD and OBJ looks on from a hospital bed.

Summary of my picks so far, which has been dictated by format to a large degree at this point. 

Joe Mixon - I almost puled the trigger on Adams, but being a 14 team league and only half PPR with only 2WR's to start it does give RB's a bump in my ranks. Felt he was the best RB on the board at this stage given Gordons contract dispute and I think he could be in for a top 5 season if things click for him. 

Kelce - 14 team league makes TE a nightmare, and if he stays on the field he will probably finish top 3 at the least. The uncertainty around Hill still adds to his value too and given the small benches we have I dont want to be losing a weekly spot to a TE as I try to stream my way out of trouble. 

Freeman - Was hoping Cooks or Diggs would fall to me here, but not to be. There were 5 players I was happy with in this range. Freeman, Ingram, Golloday, Edelman and Woods in that order. I figured the best chance of landing two of them was to grab Freeman first, who I think if he can stay on the field will outperform his ADP. I also have him racked higher than this and think that Atlanta are in for a good year with some of their offseason moves, not to mention the emergence of Hooper and Ridley. 

Luck - And sniped haha. I was going to hold off on QB until the later rounds but ended up going with Luck because I felt that there is just a bit too much uncertainty with some of the players in this range and think that given its 6pt TD's its a safe pick. Also given bench sizes, streaming QB's is not ideal when bye weeks start. I just have to hope that some of the WR's I like this year are still sitting there a bit later. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Don't believe in Myafield huh?

Meh, to each their own.

I do, but it's a bit early for my tastes for him.  Lots of good weapons around him this season though.  

11 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Actually Mayfield is one of the reasons I reached a bit for OBJ. I think he'll be in a better position than the past couple years, and having Landry (who I don't think is very good, but good enough) stretch the field, will help him even more. It was a bit of a bold move with eg Julio and Conner still on the table, but I like the upside of OBJ.

Although his pretty horrific injury risk scares the crap out of me. There is definitely a chance that when we play, you'll be laughing as Mayfield feeds his receivers with TD after TD and OBJ looks on from a hospital bed.

I want OBJ healthy. I'm hoping for a breakout campaign over a full 16 games for Baker in his 2nd year. Could have had luck or Rodgers but I love Baker's weapons, I wasn't sure if have a shot at a top 5 QB come pick 4.12, luck already went right after Baker. I think WR is deep and I have 2 RBs so I thought I'd go with a guy that is exciting to watch.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

I'll take David Montgomery, RB, CHI.

@predator_05 OTC.

Good stuff.

I was about to take him to pair with Josh Jacobs but figured I should go with Baker but again a nice pick that I was debating with my previous selection.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

@ZidaneValor you could leave picks with me

Left you my first and second choice.  Good thing I came back before bed.

It's now midnight.  Good night!

Good thing I have insomnia.

Kenyan Drake, RB, Miami

RB12, 22nd Overall

Full write-up tomorrow, but someone said about my Bell pick that Adam Gase was in the way.  He's not in the way anymore.

33 minutes ago, ZidaneValor said:

Good thing I have insomnia.

Kenyan Drake, RB, Miami

RB12, 22nd Overall

Full write-up tomorrow, but someone said about my Bell pick that Adam Gase was in the way.  He's not in the way anymore.

I hate you.

Goodnight.

36 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I hate you.

Goodnight.

You should be happy people are spreading the word of the Church of Alabama :)

Good night guys, on your side of the world!

• Haha 1

My picks:
- first pick 1.10: available were Melvin Gordon, Julio Jones, Devante Adams, Odell Beckham
All of those 4 are solid, but Gordon is in a contract situation, Devante will have a lot more competition this year, and Julio may also finally regress a bit. The only guy of those I think will exceed expectations is OBJ. It's not a solid pick (which I prefer) but it could be a homerun. In hindsight, maybe I should have picked Julio, who is more solid.

- second pick, 2.04: here I looked at:
* RBs: Kerryon, Chubb, Conner
* WRs: Kennan Allen, Mike Evans, Antonio Brown
* TE: Zach Ertz (Kelce had just left)
Of these I thought the WRs provided the best value, and of those I think that Evans can really grow under Arians. I consider this a solid pick with upside. I was gambling a bit that Kerryon would go later, and I was lucky.

- third pick, 3.10: I looked mainly at
* RBs: Kerryon was still available; next on my list was Ingram
* WRs: Tyler Lockett, Edelman
* QBs: Luck
(no relevant TEs in this range for me)
With WR/WR in the previous round, I felt Kerryon was the obvious choice, but I also kept staring at Luck.

- fourth pick, 4.04: Without saying too much about some picks who haven't been drafted yet:
* Carson was my main RB I looked at (with 2 other guys I expect to go later)
* Tyler Lockett was the main WR I looked at (love him)
* There are a couple QBs I like in this region, but I prefered to load another RB, so I have a solid base. I think Carson has some competition in Penny, but he should be able to shake that off. I think he can again be good.

Can I just say I love this slow draft. It really gives you a good chance to review your materials, finetune the process, and to do this with some of the most experienced guys on Roto is a huge bonus. I'm still a n00b at this thing, and I feel I learn with every pick. Thanks guys :)

• Like 1

4.1 - Winky - Julian Edelmen
4.2 - 1972Miamidolphins - Robert Woods
4.3 - DerrickHenrysCleats - Baker Mayfield
4.4 - PackersFan1979 - Andrew Luck
4.5 - Boudewijn - Chris Carson
4.6 - Iron-cock - David Montgomery
4.7 - Predator_05 - Tyler Lockett
4.8 - ZidaneValor - Kenyan Drake
4.9 - CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast - Alshon Jeffery
4.10 - Br0kenB - Chris Godwin
4.11 - FFCollusion - James White
4.12 - DocJ - @DocJ On the Clock
4.13 - ToO_BaD
4.14 - MrBlonde1984

I know I'm going to wake up to an even tougher decision in the morning.  Hopefully the next 6 picks eliminate some of the struggle for me.

9 hours ago, predator_05 said:

This was gonna be my pick. But I backed away after deciding that Goodell would spinelessly give in to the outrage and hand out a 4-6 week suspension. It's so easy to outrage over situations involving kids, and there was a precedent set by the 6 game suspension handed out to an innocent Zeke a few years ago.

Shut up Pred

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, ZidaneValor said:

I was going to make that pick, but then I sniped myself because I didn't think Thielen would drop to 35 in a 0.5 PPR.

I was *this* close to taking him with one of my last two turn picks. Ive taken him a ton on others already though, so wanted to mix it up a bit since I have Hilton close.

Is this draft 15 or 16 rounds?
Last season, I think, was 16

If woods wasn't there I was going James white.  I don't think it's a coincidence or outlier he caught 87 passes last season.  As Brady ages, it looks like his short game be growing more and more.  James White should be a huge beneficiary of everything underneath

Posted (edited)

4.12 Sammy Watkins, WR, KC

Hopefully that foot is superglued.

@ToO_BaD otc

Edited by DocJ

1.13, Davante Adams:  This was an easy pick, Rodgers and Adams have developed a strong connection.  With all of his games double digit scoring in ppr, with a coin flip of a huge scoring game.  Easy pick. 

2.2, Julio Jones:  Was surprise defeat he'd fell that far.  This pick was a no brained for me.  Julio gets his year in year out.  Was looking at the likes of Conner, Juju, or even Kelce at that point.  

3.13, Mark Ingram:  I'm not 100% sure on what he will do this season, but it looks like this I should his backfield and should get a lot of opportunity.  Solid rb pick after landing the Adams/Jones tandem prior.  Was looking at Kerryon during this time, or even Freeman.

4.2, Robert Woods:  Easy ppr choice here.  I had a gut feeling Winky would go Wr/Wr.  Was really looking for BPA at this point.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

4.2, Robert Woods:  Easy ppr choice here

I totally support this pick, just wanted to remind you we're .5 ppr. I sure you know that, it's just that I'm a pedantic prick.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Boudewijn said:

I totally support this pick, just wanted to remind you we're .5 ppr. I sure you know that, it's just that I'm a pedantic prick.

giphy.gif

Yes, you are.

What did we make it through? Like 2 picks?