Iron-cock

2019 Rotoworld Mock Real League

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

What did we make it through? Like 2 picks?

Yup.

3 hours ago, FFCollusion said:

4.9 - CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast - Alshon Jeffery
4.10 - Br0kenB - Chris Godwin
4.11 - FFCollusion - James White
4.12 - DocJ - @DocJ On the Clock

 

Edited by Boudewijn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m here - one sec.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got sniped so bad my last pick ... stings a bit. 

Thoughts on Alshon? I felt like everybody on the board had some sort of question mark so opted for the #1 WR in what should be a very good offense. Expecting a boring 70/900/8 type stat line ... love the TD upside and he did put up 800+ yards in only 13 games last year coming off major surgery. 

Not necessarily a guy I’m targeting this year, but I do think he’s a bit underrated this year. DJ/Fournette/Cooks were easy picks for me otherwise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Calvin Ridley 

@mrblonde1984 OTC

 

gonna drive to work real quick if he makes a quick pick I’ll be back around 6-6:15AM my time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the 50th Pick in the 2019 Rotoworld Mock Real League, Zidane Valor selects:

Kenyan Drake, RB, Miami Dolphins
Zidane's 2019 Ranking:
12th RB, 22nd Overall

2018 Statistics
120 rushes, 535 rushing yards (4.5 YPC), 4 TDs, 1 Fum Lost
53 receptions, 477 receiving yards (8.0 YPR), 5 TDs
179.7 fantasy points

2019 Projection
208 rushes, 978 rushing yards (4.7 YPC), 6 TDs, 1 Fum Lost
56 receptions, 448 receiving yards (8.0 YPR), 2 TDs
216.6 fantasy points

Despite getting Gased, Drake was still the RB18 last year.

Drake was the 24th RB selected in this draft.

This should be a fairly low risk, high reward pick barring injury or his backup suddenly channeling Priest Holmes.

In fact, I'm actually predicting a regression in receiving stats and total TDs because he did so well in the passing game last year.

I actually personally have Drake one spot AHEAD of Todd Gurley in my RB rankings, although that's more because I think Gurley will be limited to "only" about 250 touches this year due to maintenance.  I suspect Gurley's backups will be given some extra game touches to make sure Gurley is healthy for the postseason.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Got sniped so bad my last pick ... stings a bit. 

Thoughts on Alshon? I felt like everybody on the board had some sort of question mark so opted for the #1 WR in what should be a very good offense. Expecting a boring 70/900/8 type stat line ... love the TD upside and he did put up 800+ yards in only 13 games last year coming off major surgery. 

Not necessarily a guy I’m targeting this year, but I do think he’s a bit underrated this year. DJ/Fournette/Cooks were easy picks for me otherwise. 

 

Projections seem about right. I owned Alshon last couple years and something I noticed is Alshon plays great with Foles at QB. With Wentz in the game he has a love affair with Ertz. I haven't looked up game logs but I know Alshon was giving "meh" fantasy outputs with Wentz but had great games with Foles. 

 

Not sure that means much but it's a trend I noticed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I know Alshon was giving "meh" fantasy outputs with Wentz but had great games with Foles. 

 

Not sure that means much but it's a trend I noticed.

you're not wrong, but Jeffery also started the year injured, and simply got better towards the end.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Projections seem about right. I owned Alshon last couple years and something I noticed is Alshon plays great with Foles at QB. With Wentz in the game he has a love affair with Ertz. I haven't looked up game logs but I know Alshon was giving "meh" fantasy outputs with Wentz but had great games with Foles. 

 

Not sure that means much but it's a trend I noticed.

 

Saw something similar, the targets were similar with both QBs. W/ Wentz he averaged a TD every other game, but the yards were down as Wentz was less likely to throw up contested catches - Alshon’s specialty. I believe this will be their first actual training camp/preseason getting reps together, so fingers crossed. 

 

The per game averages put him around 800-900 yards/8 TDs. Nothing to get excited about, but his TD potential is sky high and I doubt he’ll see much double coverage this year. I feel like every WR on the board is within this range, Alshon’s just a guy I always seem to end up with. Bunch of #1/#2 passing game options on the board at this point, opted for the guy in what I think will be the best offense of the bunch. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

you're not wrong, but Jeffery also started the year injured, and simply got better towards the end.

 

Excellent point, don’t think he had any training camp/preseason and didn’t play until week 4. 800+ in 13 games 

* I may take a little while with my pick, meetings mid day (EST) and quite frankly I have no idea who I’m even interested in. 

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Reason why I drafted Derrick Henry at 1.12

 

Jim Wyatt of the Titans' official website reports new OC Arthur Smith said he intends to "ride" contract-year RB Derrick Henry this season.

Henry turned 25 in January and is obviously coming off a monster finish to last season when he rushed for 625 yards and eight touchdowns on 97 carries (6.44 YPC) across five December contests. Smith is a complete unknown as a coordinator, but the Titans would be wise to stick with what worked down the stretch in 2018. And that was an offense centered around Henry. He's being drafted as an RB2 in fantasy. We've been through this with Henry in past offseasons, but this time it seems legit where the Titans actually want him to be their centerpiece, especially when Marcus Mariota has consistently been unable to stay healthy and/or produce on the field. Henry is playing for his next contract and should be motivated

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Reason why I drafted Derrick Henry at 1.12

 

Jim Wyatt of the Titans' official website reports new OC Arthur Smith said he intends to "ride" contract-year RB Derrick Henry this season.

Henry turned 25 in January and is obviously coming off a monster finish to last season when he rushed for 625 yards and eight touchdowns on 97 carries (6.44 YPC) across five December contests. Smith is a complete unknown as a coordinator, but the Titans would be wise to stick with what worked down the stretch in 2018. And that was an offense centered around Henry. He's being drafted as an RB2 in fantasy. We've been through this with Henry in past offseasons, but this time it seems legit where the Titans actually want him to be their centerpiece, especially when Marcus Mariota has consistently been unable to stay healthy and/or produce on the field. Henry is playing for his next contract and should be motivated

 

Welp, now I hope I have a late 1st rounder in my money leagues. Good to know

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A monster finish and a theory on what a new OC "should" do is the reason? nah

Just say it was just your man-crush getting the best of you... which is great... it's why we play... we all have guys we have to have and you actually got yours.
Fwiw, Henry would have been there for you in the 2nd, but you netted JuJu anyway, so you're all set with as solid a 1/2 punch as anyone.

Edited by Winky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5.3 Phillip Lindsay, RB, DEN

@FFCollusion otc

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DocJ said:

5.3 Phillip Lindsay, RB, DEN

@FFCollusion otc

 

Pretty nice value right there... the guy was a pro-bowl RB last year.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Winky said:

 

Pretty nice value right there... the guy was a pro-bowl RB last year.

Even if he's in more of a timeshare this year I anticipate he'll get a similar number of touches with the catch total rising.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, DocJ said:

5.3 Phillip Lindsay, RB, DEN

@FFCollusion otc

When I picked Carson it was between him and Lindsay. I think Lindsay will have more competition from Royce though, which is why I picked Carson. Still a solid pick and even more so at 5.03.

Edited by Boudewijn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Flip flopped on Lindsay / Alshon myself ... no brainer at this point in the draft. Nice pick 

* I have Br0kens pick, no idea who I’m taking but looks like it’ll get back to me pre-meetings so should be able to move this along 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm up in 7 picks and I have 5 I like; I'll leave those with Miami should I shift to a more horizontal position in a bit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like we were all considering Lindsay.  Lindsay was my second choice if Drake was taken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ZidaneValor said:

Looks like we were all considering Lindsay.  Lindsay was my second choice if Drake was taken.

 

Lack of #1 WRs left (+ already having DJ/Fournette) was my tipping point for Alshon ... Lindsay woulda been a lovely flex 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...