Iron-cock

2019 Rotoworld Mock Real League

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

The PlodFather, could have a 1,000 yard season.

You leave Matt Asiata out of this!

Geronimo Allison

9.04 Emmanuel Sanders WR DEN
I'm not quite ready for my lotto pics, given my current WR depth I need my 3rd WR to be someone I can depend on through the byes or as a flex while I wait for lotto tickets to develop.  Believe it or not, Sanders actually had the 19th highest WR PPG average last year.  He only made it through 12 games due to his 2nd year dealing with an injury.  Injuries are a concern, compounded further by his age (32 this year).

On the other hand, Joe Flacco is a considerable upgrade not only to Sanders, but the team/offense as a whole.
Sanders through 2014-2016 averaged:
138 targets, 85 catches, 1,190 yards, 6.67 TDs, 204 fantasy points, or 13.2 PPG.
Last year before injury through his 12 games played he was on pace for:
131 targets, 94 catches, 1,157 yards, 5.34 TDs, 210 fantasy points, or 13.1 PPG
*Variation of PPG and total FPS is due to games played, as he only played 15 games in '15 & '16.
204-210 fantasy points would have resulted in a 13th overall finish last year.

Sutton doesn't scare me for 2 reasons:
1: He was there last year (I understand growth, development, etc and don't disagree with that logic but...)
2: Sanders best years directly correlate to Demaryius Thomas's best years who operated as a true dominant #1 WR. (I know you're thinking Manning effect and while I don't dispute that at all, do remember Peyton only played for '14 and half of '15.  Oswieler Played 6~8 games in '15, Seimian was '16, and last year was Keenum.  Peyton obviously elevates everyone around him, but Sanders production has survived across all 3 QBs, and let's not pretend 2015 Peyton's and 2014 Peyton are the same person.

I’ll be awake another 4-5 hours for those who need to leave picks.

4 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

He was on my list too. There is the minor detail of the Achilles injury, but he seems to be one of the rare guys that is recovering well, and I wanted him.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

I'm not quite ready for my lotto pics, given my current WR depth I need my 3rd WR to be someone I can depend on through the byes or as a flex while I wait for lotto tickets to develop.  Believe it or not, Sanders actually had the 19th highest WR PPG average last year.  He only made it through 12 games due to his 2nd year dealing with an injury.  Injuries are a concern, compounded further by his age (32 this year).

On the other hand, Joe Flacco is a considerable upgrade not only to Sanders, but the team/offense as a whole.
138 targets, 85 catches, 1,190 yards, 6.67 TDs, 204 fantasy points, or 13.2 PPG.
*Variation of PPG and total FPS is due to games played, as he only played 15 games in '15 & '16.

1: He was there last year (I understand growth, development, etc and don't disagree with that logic but...)
2: Sanders best years directly correlate to Demaryius Thomas's best years who operated as a true dominant #1 WR. (I know you're thinking Manning effect and while I don't dispute that at all, do remember Peyton only played for '14 and half of '15.  Oswieler Played 6~8 games in '15, Seimian was '16, and last year was Keenum.  Peyton obviously elevates everyone around him, but Sanders production has survived across all 3 QBs, and let's not pretend 2015 Peyton's and 2014 Peyton are the same person.

When you have a chance to take a 32-year-old WR coming off an Achilles tear and tethered to Joe Flacco, you have to take him.

*edited for typo

Edited by mrblonde1984
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

Tl;dr, to summarize, u bit on a rotoworld blurb lol

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

@Br0kenB selects M. Breida, RB SF (nice, BPA = Mckinnon cuff)

Ahh man, was hoping to get more than a 1/3 share of the shanny rb sweepstakes

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, mrblonde1984 said:

When you have a chance to take a 32-year-old WR coming off an Achilles tear and tethered to Joe Flacco, you have to take him.

*edited for typo

One pattern i have noticed with @FFCollusion over the years is he always over-values veterans.

Edited by predator_05

Posted (edited)
On 7/17/2019 at 10:30 AM, Boudewijn said:

My picks (edited for brevity):
- first pick 1.10:  Odell Beckham

- second pick, 2.04:  Mike Evans.

- third pick, 3.10: Kerryon.

- fourth pick, 4.04Carson.

For pick 5/6 I left the following list with Miami:

Rodgers 
Watson 
Miller 
Landry 
Cohen 

Bonus pick: Matt Ryan. After that I'm clueless. Evan Engram maybe.

Rodgers was available when my pick was up. I think he'll have a lot more weapons than last year, and he should have a better year. Regardless, even when he's bad he's top-8, so I'll take that. I also like Watson and Ryan, but I'm happy to snag the Captain. Yes, maybe it's early to grab a QB, but in my simulations, that works best.

Lamar Miller was picked 3 picks later by Miami; I approve. 5 straight 1100+ seasons, what's not to like? Yes, he's getting old, but 1000 yards around pick 70 is a great result to my mind.

Landry was sniped just before me by Packers. I already have OBJ so I don't really want Landry, but I thought he represents good value this late in the draft. 

Cohen was already snagged 5 picks before me by FFC. I think Mighty Mouse is huge, although he's also frustrating for owners, but as a flex play, that's perfect.

That left Evan Engram as my TE (Miami was nice enough not to pick Ryan :D). It scares me; I think NY is going to be a terrible dumpster fire (both of them btw, but the Giants are going to be a, haha, Giant dumpster fire) but that in fact leaves room for a TE to catch a ton of screens.

Then for pick 7/8 it was again sleepy time for yours truly, and this time I left an even bigger list:

1    Dante Pettis    WR
2    Golden Tate    WR
3    Austin Ekeler    RB
4    Marvin Jones    WR
5    [REDACTED]
6    Keke Coutee    WR
7    Dion Lewis    RB
8    Courtland Sutton    WR
9    [REDACTED]
10    [REDACTED]

Pettis went 5 seconds after I sent that, to DocJ. I don't love him, but there is opportunity there for a 1000 yd season.

Tate was available for me, so now I have 2 guys in the GIant dumpster fire. Yay. 

Ekeler is an obvious pick that went to Winky, and I don't understand why he lasted until pick 98. Maybe I should have ranked him over Tate.

Jones was next up, so that makes 2 NYG guys and 2 DET guys. Yeah... scary.

Coutee went to CGoXMP. Didn't play much last year, but the games he played included one 11/109 game (oh, and 2 rushes for -2 yards). Clearly there's potential there.

Dion Lewis went to BrokenBat, after Coutee. I don't honestly think he can be the feature back, but if anything happens to Henry, somebody's got to carry the ball there.

Courtland Sutton went to Winky with Ekeler. Bastard.

Obviously in this area we're already throwing darts to some extent; I hope mine pay off.

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

@ZidaneValor OTC 

I pick ... 

When your top/only legit competition for targets is Tyler Lockett and your QB is Russel Wilson, yes please. 

Being a physical freak of nature is also an interesting tidbit 

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast
  • Like 1