Iron-cock

2019 Rotoworld Mock Real League

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Br0kenB said:

Week 3 2017: A Day That Will Live In Infamy

IronCock trades Alvin Kamara to Br0kenB in exchange for Thomas Rawls.

2 hours ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Darwin Thompson, League Winner RB, KC Chiefs

Get familiar ladies and gentleman ... get familiar 

2 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Anything is possible, kamara was behind ingram and AP as a rook.

1 hour ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

His competition is a guy who never been a full time starter or averaged more than 4 ypc until this past year, it’s amusing that some people forgot Damien Williams is nothing more than a mediocre placeholder

Ok, I'd like to clarify this situation.  What I did in this league that year is a good lesson of what not to do regarding in season management.  😂

In 2016, Mark Ingram had a decent year.  5.1YPC on 200 carries.  Yet Sean Payton was giving carries to Tim Hightower, John Kuhn and Travaris Cadet....because Sean Payton hated Mark Ingram for whatever reason....and Payton can be schizophrenic when it comes to running backs.  I never drafted Mark Ingram as far I know, but I was very much on the idea that Payton hated him.  

In the offseason the Saints signed Adrian Peterson to a two year 7M contract.  They also drafted Kamara 67th overall.  

I loved "Anyone but Ingram" in that situation.  I really liked Kamara.  I liked him even more after his first two preseason games.  It seemed he was the best runner of the three at that point, and even if he wasn't....he was surely the best receiver.  They'd have to give him some reasonable part of the running game I thought...and most of the RB receiving game.

So I drafted him here (before the preseason), and in a few other leagues.  I was pretty annoyed with Sean Payton by week 2.  In the week 2 game, somehow Kamara only got 1 carry.  Peterson and Ingram still got 75% of the playing time, and an even split of carries between them (8 each).   I figured for whatever reason (Contract for Peterson, Draft Capital on Ingram) that Kamara wasn't going to get much outside of special teams.  

So in between weeks 2 and 3 I send him to Br0kenB for Thomas Rawls.     

Starting in week 3, the Saints steadily increased Kamara's snap count.  After week 4, they traded Peterson, who they just signed to a 7M contract in April to the Cardinals for a conditional 6th round pick.

I should have just "reached" for Gurley in that draft in this first place which is what I was considering (like Saquon going a few picks early last year, and Derrick Henry going early this year).  I won in nearly every other league I was in that year, except this one.

So yes, anything is possible. Especially in an unsettled backfield.   Plus that rookie RB on KC is named Darwin.  Survival of the fittest!

Edited by Iron-cock
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Iron-cock said:

Ok, I'd like to clarify this situation. 

In 2016, Mark Ingram had a decent year.  5.1YPC on 200 carries.  Yet Sean Payton was giving carries to Tim Hightower, John Kuhn and Travaris Cadet....because Sean Payton hated Mark Ingram for whatever reason....and Payton can be schizophrenic when it comes to running backs.  I never drafted Mark Ingram as far I know, but I was very much on the idea that Payton hated him.  

In the offseason the Saints signed Adrian Peterson to a two year 7M contract.  They also drafted Kamara 67th overall.  

I loved "Anyone but Ingram" in that situation.  I really liked Kamara.  I liked him even more after his first two preseason games.  It seemed obvious he was the best runner of the three at that point, and surely the best receiver.  They'd have to give him some reasonable part of the running game I thought...and most of the RB receiving game.

So I drafted him here (before the preseason), and in a few other leagues.  I was pretty annoyed with Sean Payton by week 2.  In the week 2 game, somehow Kamara only got 1 carry.  Peterson and Ingram still got 75% of the playing time, and an even split of carries between them (8 each).   I figured for whatever reason (Contract for Peterson, Draft Capital on Ingram) that Kamara wasn't going to get much outside of special teams.  

Starting in week 3, the Saints steadily increased Kamara's snap count.  After week 4, they traded Peterson, who they just signed to a 7M contract in April to the Cardinals for a conditional 6th round pick.

I should have just "reached" for Gurley in that draft in this first place.  I won in nearly every other league I was in that year, except this one.

So yes, anything is possible. Especially in an unsettled backfield.   Plus that rookie RB on KC is named Darwin.  Survival of the fittest!

Sean Peyton did hate mark Ingram. You are 100% correct about that.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

I'll take Malcolm Brown, RB, STL.

@Boudewijn is up, I believe @1972Miamidolphins has his pick.

@PackersFan1979 is on deck, I don't know if he left picks with anyone.

Nice. The guy who will actually take over if Gurley goes down. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Ok, I'd like to clarify this situation.  What I did in this league that year is a good lesson of what not to do regarding in season management.  😂

I loved "Anyone but Ingram" in that situation.  I really liked Kamara.  I liked him even more after his first two preseason games.  It seemed he was the best runner of the three at that point, and even if he wasn't....he was surely the best receiver.  They'd have to give him some reasonable part of the running game I thought...and most of the RB receiving game.

I should have just "reached" for Gurley in that draft in this first place which is what I was considering (like Saquon going a few picks early last year, and Derrick Henry going early this year).  I won in nearly every other league I was in that year, except this one.

My post wasnt directed at you, just saying anything is possible.  Kamara was my last pick in a local draft, i dropped him for the chris carson hype

17 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

So Henderson will keep the Kamara role?

Early reports seem to indicate that this is how they see him 

21 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

My post wasnt directed at you, just saying anything is possible.  Kamara was my last pick in a local draft, i dropped him for the chris carson hype

Oh yeah, I just wanted to tell the story since it's in BrokenB's sig and it's pretty epic.  Also I don't mind telling my 'fail' stories. haha.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Iron-cock said:

Oh yeah, I just wanted to tell the story since it's in BrokenB's sig and it's pretty epic.  Also I don't mind telling my 'fail' stories. haha.

We need to start a RW Mock real league "museum" thread detailing funny stories (robrain type stuff), best picks, best misses, re-living funny posts etc.

And collective win loss records.

• Like 2

There’s been a ton of smoke / hype / whatever you want to call it around Darwin in KC since he’s been drafted

Front office attempted to trade up for him.

1st team OTA reps already. (I could add the coaches gushing over his skillset as “something you fall in love with”, but I won’t.) 

Primary competition are 2 veteran cast offs playing on essentially 1 year deals. (Williams “extension” gets mentioned as a positive ... it’s a low ball 2 year deal that’s essentially 1 year at low cost followed by an escalated salary / likely release with cap savings in 2020. Not a ringing endorsement by any means)

Hyde’s on his 4th team in 2 years. His roster spot isn’t even guaranteed, with locals essentially split on whether he carves out a role or even makes the final 53. 

Darwin Thompson is an excellent all around back who, despite his size, runs with power between the tackles and literally lifts like he’s an OL in the weight room. 

I believe he graded as 1 of, if not the, most elusive skill position players in this class with measurables that would’ve drawn a lot of hype as top 5 amongst RBs at the combine 

He is a phenomenal football player that’s being severely underrated as a small school/combine snub prospect. His production, measurables, and advanced analytics all point to a guy that is an excellent football player. 

I’ve been prepared to draft him for the last 3 rounds. I was half joking about “league winner”, but this is a guy you should have on your radar.

He’s a very good player with a legitimate opportunity to carve out a role in what may be the best offense in the league.

Or he’s the guy I cut for a kicker in September.

• Like 2

Anyone who needs to can leave picks with me.  

56 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

There’s been a ton of smoke / hype / whatever you want to call it around Darwin in KC since he’s been drafted

Front office attempted to trade up for him.

1st team OTA reps already. (I could add the coaches gushing over his skillset as “something you fall in love with”, but I won’t.) 

Primary competition are 2 veteran cast offs playing on essentially 1 year deals. (Williams “extension” gets mentioned as a positive ... it’s a low ball 2 year deal that’s essentially 1 year at low cost followed by an escalated salary / likely release with cap savings in 2020. Not a ringing endorsement by any means)

Hyde’s on his 4th team in 2 years. His roster spot isn’t even guaranteed, with locals essentially split on whether he carves out a role or even makes the final 53. 

Darwin Thompson is an excellent all around back who, despite his size, runs with power between the tackles and literally lifts like he’s an OL in the weight room. 

I believe he graded as 1 of, if not the, most elusive skill position players in this class with measurables that would’ve drawn a lot of hype as top 5 amongst RBs at the combine 

He is a phenomenal football player that’s being severely underrated as a small school/combine snub prospect. His production, measurables, and advanced analytics all point to a guy that is an excellent football player. 

I’ve been prepared to draft him for the last 3 rounds. I was half joking about “league winner”, but this is a guy you should have on your radar.

He’s a very good player with a legitimate opportunity to carve out a role in what may be the best offense in the league.

Or he’s the guy I cut for a kicker in September.

Posted (edited)

Rotounderworld is one of my sources to fade.  That's not a commentary on Darwin, just a general one after listening to their hot takes the past few years.

Also, lol at 1:00 "Being drafted because he landed on the right team with the right coach"...as if that isn't valid fact.  Todd Gurley with Fisher vs McVay along with a million other examples should lead people to knowing "situation" matters.

Edited by Iron-cock

46 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

So Henderson will keep the Kamara role?

Just looking at the first few games of last season, there wasn't much of a Kamara role.  Gurley was getting insane snap counts (94%, 68%, 83%, 96%, 100%).  Malcom Brown would get the rest of the carries, but up until midseason it seemed like Gurley was only getting a rest when the game was at hand, or very briefly.

I don't think they'll be a team who is swapping 3-4 running backs in and out with different personnel formations .  McVay is more about sending out 11 personnel and doing multiple things out of it.  If he had his way, it would be one RB out there all the time.  If he has to give Gurley a rest, I think one other back will just get whole drives.   So that back needs to be able to do everything well.  Pass protection, Run and Catch.  I think Pass Protection might be a big factor in what Brown has over the other non-Gurley running backs on the roster (which is why I linked the twitter vid of him doing a blitz pickup).

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

He ran a 4.5 40 (nothing special, but CMC ran 4.48 and Kamara ran 4.56 ... so this is by no means a “dealbreaker”,  ... with 28 bench reps, a 39 inch vertical, 10’6” broad jump, and was the #1 most elusive graded RB of any RB in the country ... basically, he would’ve placed top 5 amongst all RBs in 3/4 of those categories at the combine. 

He also ran a 6.93 3-cone ... which would’ve ranked 7th best among ALL SKILL POSITION PLAYERS, and 2nd best among all RBs. 

Basically, he’s a bigger/stronger/more athletic Dion Lewis. Adorable play on Darwin and natural selection though, very clever.

23 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Rotounderworld is one of my sources to fade.  That's not a commentary on Darwin, just a general one after listening to their hot takes the past few years.

Also, lol at 1:00 "Being drafted because he landed on the right team with the right coach"...as if that isn't valid fact.  Todd Gurley with Fisher vs McVay along with a million other examples should lead people to knowing "situation" matters.

Yeah right. You're only saying this because you enjoy the subjective, narrative-driven analysis of the film grinder community. I stand by my advanced metrix.

13 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

He ran a 4.5 40 (nothing special, but CMC ran 4.48 and Kamara ran 4.56 ... so this is by no means a “dealbreaker”,  ... with 28 bench reps, a 39 inch vertical, 10’6” broad jump, and was the #1 most elusive graded RB of any RB in the country ... basically, he would’ve placed top 5 amongst all RBs in 3/4 of those categories at the combine. 

He also ran a 6.93 3-cone ... which would’ve ranked 7th best among ALL SKILL POSITION PLAYERS, and 2nd best among all RBs. 

Basically, he’s a bigger/stronger/more athletic Dion Lewis. Adorable play on Darwin and natural selection though, very clever.

Bro, you're ignoring his speed score and dominator rating. Damien Williams has a 95th percentile speed score. He looks the part of an NFL bell-cow.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Cant vote for your own squad, who do u think has had the best draft so far?

I think TooBad has an awesome squad, and as much as I hate to admit it, I think DHC did pretty well (except Henry of course). Couple reaches but the squad looks good.

I was not at all happy with my own, but looking through all squads I think it's probably average.

I was thinking to rate all squads by dollar value in Auction numbers, but the formatting in Clicky is a bit unusual and I need to see how much effort it will be. Anyone interested?

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Yeah right. You're only saying this because you enjoy the subjective, narrative-driven analysis of the film grinder community. I stand by my advanced metrix.

Bro, you're ignoring his speed score and dominator rating. Damien Williams has a 95th percentile speed score. He looks the part of an NFL bell-cow.

And a lot of people are ignoring the 4 years of pathetic tape Williams put on display before being forced into a role that anyone could produce fantasy points in. 

The NFL thinks so highly of Williams and his speed score (you conveniently forgot to mention the burst/agility/bench/sparq scores ... why? Because Darwin’s are all better?) that his career high carries in a season is: 50, in 5 years. 

Care to comment any further on how/why this speed score dominator never topped 4 YPC in the 4 years prior? Or the fact that he was still graded as the 112th best player last year in “yards created per carry” (i.e. “how many yards can you help pick up without a blatantly obvious gaping hole and more than 6 defenders in the box”?)

He’s a mediocre at best player who his own team is hesitant to even fully commit to (look at his contract). 

If a garbage can was starting at RB for the Chiefs it could be an RB2 in fantasy. There is absolutely nothing special about Williams. If there was, it wouldn’t have taken the NFL 5 years to find it out and the team he bailed out in the playoffs may have committed more to him financially than what basically amounts to an incentive laden 1 heard deal they can easily cut bait on in 2020. 

Disclaimer: I’m not literally expecting this guy to win me the league. I do think there is a very legit possibility he plays his way into a timeshare similar to the Ware/West combos over 2015-16

West averaged around 700 yards, 25-30 receptions in those seasons. 

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

1 minute ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

And a lot of people are ignoring the 4 years of pathetic tape Williams put on display before being forced into a role that anyone could produce fantasy points in. 

The NFL thinks so highly of Williams and his speed score (you conveniently forgot to mention the burst/agility/bench/sparq scores ... why? Because Darwin’s are all better?) that his career high carries in a season is: 50, in 5 years. 

Care to comment any further on how/why this speed score dominator never topped 4 YPC in the 4 years prior? Or the fact that he was still graded as the 112th best player last year in “yards created per carry” (i.e. “how many yards can you help pick up without a blatantly obvious gaping hole and more than 6 defenders in the box”?)

He’s a mediocre at best player who his own team is hesitant to even fully commit to (look at his contract). 

If a garbage can was starting at RB for the Chiefs it could be an RB2 in fantasy. There is absolutely nothing special about Williams. If there was, it wouldn’t have taken the NFL 5 years to find it out and the team he bailed out in the playoffs may have committed more to him financially than what basically amounts to an incentive laden 1 heard deal they can easily cut bait on in 2020. 

His coaching staff was incompetent, new coach every year (some were snorting COCAINE off the desk!!). The dolphins suck, they're no good at evaluating quality talent, and Miami is where good football players go to die. Good players can get ignored altogether (like undrafted rookies) or they can improve. Damien williams has improved, he's bulked up considerably and offers an awesome "floor" with his receiving abilities - he's a dynamic pass-catcher and knows how to find the end zone. Carlos Hyde is washed up for reasons you stated and the worst case scenario is that this will be a time-share dominated by Damien Williams, who has elite feature-back size with above average measurable-profile-metrics-bell-cow-workhorse-stats.

(I agree with you, by the way. Screw damien williams. but I'm just taking the other side of the argument for fun)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

His coaching staff was incompetent, new coach every year (some were snorting COCAINE off the desk!!). The dolphins suck, they're no good at evaluating quality talent, and Miami is where good football players go to die. Good players can get ignored altogether (like undrafted rookies) or they can improve. Damien williams has improved, he's bulked up considerably and offers an awesome "floor" with his receiving abilities - he's a dynamic pass-catcher and knows how to find the end zone. Carlos Hyde is washed up for reasons you stated and the worst case scenario is that this will be a time-share dominated by Damien Williams, who has elite feature-back size with above average measurable-profile-metrics-bell-cow-workhorse-stats.

(I agree with you, by the way. Screw damien williams. but I'm just taking the other side of the argument for fun)

Had a feeling you were playing devils advocate ... Williams is bigger, certainly “looks the part”. 

https://www.mockdraftable.com/player/damien-williams

He just happens to be a very mediocre player, and athlete. I know this is coach speak season, but there is way too much smoke coming from the GM/RB coach/OC/local media to ignore with Darwin Thompson. 

I fully expect him to have a role in this offense, 8-12 touches type. Nothing crazy, but a dart well worth throwing this late. 

I can’t think of a direct player comp. He reminds me of how Ahmad Bradshaw, despite being “undersized”, would lower his shoulder and deliver surprising power between the tackles ... he’s sort of like Bradshaw between the tackles + Dion Lewis in the pass game. 

By no means am I hyping him as Kamara or even Lindsay 2.0 ... but I wouldn’t be surprised if I end up flexing Thompson at some point. Or cutting him for my kicker. 

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast