Iron-cock

2019 Rotoworld Mock Real League

1 minute ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

The Chiefs attempted to trade up for Darwin Thompson. 

The Chiefs, and Andy Reid, drafted Darwin Thompson over your boy. 

The Chiefs cut your boy weeks ago. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/fantasy/football/news/james-williams-waived-by-chiefs/amp/

Good night 

Oops.

Go Damien Williams!

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Oops.

Go Damien Williams!

This has created a dilemma. Technically, DerrickHenry drafted an ineligible player. Going back and making him pick again would be rewarding absentminded-mess, so should we auto him a 2nd kicker?

Just now, predator_05 said:

This has created a dilemma. Technically, DerrickHenry drafted an ineligible player. Going back and making him pick again would be rewarding absentminded-mess, so should we auto him a 2nd kicker?

Why make this hard? I'll pick up someone off the waiver wire after we are done.

• Like 1

Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Why make this hard? I'll pick up someone off the waiver wire after we are done.

Because this is America, and we're a country of laws. We have to abide by the constitution and the law of the land, Derrick.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, predator_05 said:

Because this is America, and we're a country of laws. We have to abide by the constitution and the law of the land, Derrick.

It's Mr. Henry to you.

Id love a 2nd kicker, can I pick him?

He is low on the list, I doubt anyone would want him

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

1 hour ago, PackersFan1979 said:

Hey chaps, Ill be away for a couple of days. JUst grab me the highest ranked kicker when my turn rolls aorund

OK, we did this, now we need to decide what to do:

- wait (fine with me)

- grab him a more or less random player; we're at the end of the draft so he can always drop and find somebody he likes better. I vote this option.

Iron-Cock proposed to get him the next Packer, which to my mind is ESB; alternatively we can get him a backup TE or QB of which he has only one, but I think to get him a Packer (and not even a bad one) is fair.

Votes?

4 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Hey, you yourself absentmindedly drafted Josh Gordon. Should we get you a second kicker too?

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

You can draft whomever you want.  Even though Boobie isn't on a roster, he's a valid pick.  Even though he's not on a NFL roster, he's in yahoo which makes this one pretty easy.

Edited by Iron-cock
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

His not-so-smartass should be forced to roster 2 kickers all year ... with the same bye

Hyping against the almighty Darwin with some clown not even on the training camp roster ... 

I kid I kid

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

His not-so-smartass should be forced to roster 2 kickers all year ... with the same bye

Hyping against the almighty Darwin with some clown not even on the training camp roster ... 

*Yawn*

I could roster 2 kickers and still beat your team.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

7 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Hey, you yourself absentmindedly drafted Josh Gordon. Should we get you a second kicker too?

No, because of the following reasons:

1. Josh Gordon is an American hero.

2. Josh Gordon is indefinitely suspended by the NFL, while currently under contract with the Patriots.

Edited by predator_05
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

- wait (fine with me)

- grab him a more or less random player; we're at the end of the draft so he can always drop and find somebody he likes better. I vote this option.

Iron-Cock proposed to get him the next Packer, which to my mind is ESB; alternatively we can get him a backup TE or QB of which he has only one, but I think to get him a Packer (and not even a bad one) is fair.

Votes?

Ding ding ding.

tenor.gif

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

- wait (fine with me)

Votes?

My only issue with giving him a random player (or BPA) is it might be someone's sleeper or screw up their draft strategy.  There is at least one owner who thinks the last round is critical.

I don't think anyone would object to ESB (or have him on a sleeper list).  He pretty much is a random player, outside of having the best name in the NFL.

EDIT:Although I guess Mason Crosby could be considered the next best packer...lol.   We could get him two kickers just to make sure he likes one of them.

Edited by Iron-cock
  • Like 1

Just now, Iron-cock said:

My only issue with giving him a random player (or BPA) is it might be someone's sleeper or screw up their draft strategy. 

If we screw up anyone's draft strategy in the 16th round, they're screwed anyway.

2 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

If we screw up anyone's draft strategy in the 16th round, they're screwed anyway.

Crosby or ESB.  Flip a coin for me or something...either that or I'm going back to the I Ching and this will take awhile.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Crosby or ESB.  Flip a coin for me or something...either that or I'm going back to the I Ching and this will take awhile.

Confucius say: He who select Packer, have little behind.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

16.01 Winky: Zay Jones

16.02 1972MiamiDolphins: Hockenson, T.J.    

16.03 DHC: James "Boobie" Williams 

16.04 PackersFan: Equanimeous Tristan Imhotep J. St. Brown 

16.05 Boudewijn - @Boudewijn

16.06 Iron-cock - On Deck

16.7 - Predator_05 -
16.8 - ZidaneValor - 
16.9 - CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast - 
16.10 - Br0kenB - 
16.11 - FFCollusion
16.12 - DocJ
16.13 - ToO_BaD
16.14 - MrBlonde1984

Edited by Iron-cock
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

*Yawn*

I could roster 2 kickers and still beat your team.

The 3QB, 1 WR, and top 12 pick on a back who doesn’t catch passes strategy is riveting i must say 

Good night gents

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

2 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Lol @ imhotep

https://www.handelsblatt.com/today/companies/american-football-german-american-nfl-hopeful-has-one-heck-of-a-name/23582066.html?ticket=ST-8031950-BFezejeZvAshHtaIAY2O-ap4

In college, father Brown had a friend who was writing a book featuring a character named Equanimeous. His friend said the name was inspired by the word equanimity, which means “calmness and composure, especially in difficult situations.” Mr. Brown, hoping someday to raise a family and ideally one packed with athletes, liked the name so much that he vowed to bestow it on his first son. As for the rest, Tristan is the name of a Cornish knight, Imhotep an historical Egyptian figure and J. is short for John.

Although I don't trust that page much, they also mention:

Mr. Brown didn’t stop there. Two more sons followed, also given (surprise, surprise) unique names: Osiris Adrian Amen-Ra J. and Amon-Ra Julian Heru J., after the Greek gods Osiris and Amon.

Eh... you mean Egyptian, right? Pfff, barbarians.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

This video confirms it.

Dude speaks fluent german, btw:

Edited by predator_05