Iron-cock

2019 Rotoworld Mock Real League

Posted (edited)

16.01 Winky: Zay Jones, WR, BUF

16.02 1972MiamiDolphins: Hockenson, T.J., TE, DET    

16.03 DHC: James "Boobie" Williams, RB, FA 

16.04 PackersFan: Equanimeous Tristan Imhotep J. St. Brown, WR, GB 

16.05 Boudewijn - Marquise Goodwin, WR, SF.

16.06 Iron-cock - Dexter Williams, RB, GB

16.7 - Predator_05 - Cowboys Defense
16.8 - ZidaneValor - 
16.9 - CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast - 
16.10 - Br0kenB - 
16.11 - FFCollusion
16.12 - DocJ
16.13 - ToO_BaD
16.14 - MrBlonde1984

@ZidaneValor OTC

@CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast On Deck with an amazing sleeper.

@Br0kenB in the hole.

Edited by Iron-cock

On 7/22/2019 at 6:55 AM, Boudewijn said:

After pick 5..8, I had:

QB: Aaron Rodgers (5)
RB: Kerryon Johnson (3), Chris Carson (4), Alexander Mattison (10), Ryquell Armstead (11), Jalen Richard (12)
WR: Odell Beckham Jr (1), Mike Evans (2), Golden Tate (7), Marvin Jones (8), Adam Humphries (13)
TE: Evan Engram (6), Eric Ebron (9)

I added to this:
- Jimmy Garropolo (14): having a second QB shouldnt't be necessary when you have the captain, but I believe in playing safe, and I think Garropolo is a guy with upside.

- Stephen Gostkovski (15): was second on my list of kickers. Not that that means much of course.

- Marquise Goodwin (not Brown) (16): You can't have too many WRs, especially when you draft this early, as I expect a couple guys to go down before the season starts. I admit I like Goodwin mostly as a super sweet guy who I root for personally, but I don't think he'll have even a decent season.

I'd rate my team somewhere 6.5/10 or a bit more. WR, QB, TE are solid, RB is obviously my weakness, and I may need to send some hitmen to Jacksonville and Minnesota to trip up Cook and Fournette or something. Still, happy with having a decent squad in this league :)

Crap, I was going to take the Cowboys D and their Week 1 matchup.  That's like my first snipe of the entire draft.  One moment.

1 hour ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

I have Thompson. Best part: DHC hit me with the good old "laugh" emoji after the pick then some BS youtube video of an "expert" telling him how to think ... then tried to troll me with with this Boobie clown who hasn't been on the roster for over a month.

Good stuff. 

@predator_05 OTC

@ZidaneValor DECK

@CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast selects L.Winner, RB/WR/TE

Funny turn of events no doubt.

What's funnier is my team is better than yours with 3 QBs, 1 WR and a RB who cant catch. 

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Funny turn of events no doubt.

What's funnier is my team is better than yours with 3 QBs, 1 WR and a RB who cant catch. 

did rotounderworld tell you so? First pick sleepers that are currently on NFL 90-man rosters - then talk. 

QB: You, though Cam/Mitch at a significantly reduced cost and ideal pairing matchups is the route I'll go 10/10 times

RBs: Me, and it's not even close. 

WRs: Me, and it's not even close. Your #2 is my bye week plug in

TE: You

Congrats on the better QB/TE 

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

did rotounderworld tell you so? First pick sleepers that are currently on NFL 90-man rosters - then talk. 

As long as I got a better team than you ill talk as much as I want.

Rotounderworld is simply a video I came across on YouTube, like you, me, and everyone else they are wrong a lot and get stuff right a lot. 

I'll pick up a guy off waivers like usual and keep it rolling. I had a solid draft so I don't feel the pressure to nail my sleeper picks as much as you.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

12 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

QB: You, though Cam/Mitch at a significantly reduced cost and ideal pairing matchups is the route I'll go 10/10 times

RBs: Me, and it's not even close. 

WRs: Me, and it's not even close. Your #2 is my bye week plug in

TE: You

Congrats on the better QB/TE 

Juju is better than cooks

Dede will be just as good if not better than. Alshon Jeffrey.

Henry will surprise people but it's not shocking that you would doubt him after considering to draft him

Fournette is a headcase, Jacobs, if healthy is better. Henderson vs Latavius Murray? Maybe a slight advantage to you but if Henderson balls out in TC then advantage me cause Murray isn't good at catching or pass blocking assignments, he will have less touches than mark Ingram.

I have a better defense than you. I have a better kicker on a better offense than you. I have 2 QBs that I can trade for an upgrade wherever I need it. You have cam Newton coming off shoulder surgery and trubisky, neither of which would Garner much trade value so they probably soak up your roster spots all long and become a liability for you since they won't be trade able for any meaningful assets.

Isabella by your own admission was the best WR on the Cardinals and will probably be outproducing Allen Robinson by week 4. I appreciate your optimism but it is in warranted unless you work the waiver wire like a mad man with over 100 moves or find some gullible trade partners to help boost your team up.

19 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Me

11 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I

tenor.gif?itemid=12072654

Kids, kids, kids, no fighting.

4 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Then what are we doing here?

I think u may be over estimating the value of your trade chips at qb.  Trading qb for another value position is never eye to eye.  The league is also aware of the advantage of making another opponent roster multiple qbs taking up bench space, knowing that person can only play one per week

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

I think u may be over estimating the value of your trade chips at qb.  Trading qb for another value position is never eye to eye.  The league is also aware of the advantage of making another opponent roster multiple qbs taking up bench space, knowing that person can only play one per week

Yep, it could backfire. If people are unwilling to trade for a QB then they will be taking up my bench spots but historically running QBs have the safest floors of all the QBs. Lamar Jackson ran through my league like a bad case of diarreah last year in my money league and was a highly sought after trade commodity and he doesn't even pass near as much as Murray will. Even if this league ends up different than that league I still feel like I have a high scoring QB to play in case of an emergency. QBs get injured all the time.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

17 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Generally speaking it's the hardest skill position to trade away unless someone gets hurt early in the season.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

tenor.gif?itemid=12072654

Kids, kids, kids, no fighting.

It’s all good, needed the reminder of why I stopped posting on this wasteland in the first place 

Thanks for the draft prep and good luck to you all in your money leagues

Message/propose trades on yahoo app if you’d like ... My work here is done

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DocJ said:

Generally speaking it's the hardest skill position to trade away unless someone gets hurt early in the season.

I have never once successfully traded a QB outside of 2 QB leagues. 

Its not worth it and nearly impossible to agree on “QB for __” . Basically, it’s a stupid strategy 

Maybe it’ll work for FFC, since he’s starting the Dolphins likely backup -  but he’s actually intelligent so unlikely 

2 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

I have never once successfully traded a QB outside of 2 QB leagues. 

Its not worth it and nearly impossible to agree on “QB for __” . Basically, it’s a stupid strategy 

Maybe it’ll work for FFC, since he’s starting the Dolphins likely backup -  but he’s actually intelligent so unlikely 

The WW isn't completely barren either as of now.

Rex Burkhead, RB NE

16.7 - Predator_05 - Cowboys Defense
16.8 - ZidaneValor -  Buffalo D/ST
16.9 - CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast - JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR
16.10 - Br0kenB - Rex Burkhead, RB NE
16.11 - FFCollusion - @FFCollusion OTC 
16.12 - DocJ - 
16.13 - ToO_BaD
16.14 - MrBlonde1984

16.11 - FFCollusion - Jay Ajayi RB TBD
16.12 - DocJ - @DocJ
16.13 - ToO_BaD
16.14 - MrBlonde1984

1 hour ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Not a chance.  Carr, Stafford, Foles, Dalton all still out there.  I'm not particularly interested in streaming, but when 24 QBs get drafted you take what the board gives you, and roll with it.  There were multiple QBs I would have taken throughout the draft if they fell to the right rounds, it just didn't happen that way and I wasn't going to reach, oh well.

2 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

I have a better defense than you. I have a better kicker on a better offense than you.

Those might be the worst points I've ever read regarding who has a better roster in fantasy football.

• Haha 2

16.11 - FFCollusion - Jay Ajayi RB TBD
16.12 - DocJ - Baltimore def/st

16.13 - ToO_BaD - @ToO_BaD OTC
16.14 - MrBlonde1984 - on deck.