Iron-cock

2019 Rotoworld Mock Real League

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

 

 

 

Those might be the worst points I've ever read regarding who has a better roster in fantasy football.

 

 

Come on, you won a league with Zuerlein. :D

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is Taylor Gabriel still available?  I will take him.  WR Chicago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

Is Taylor Gabriel still available?  I will take him.  WR Chicago.

 

For some reason I think his name is Tyler Gabriel. 

 

16.01 Winky: Zay Jones, WR, BUF

16.02 1972MiamiDolphins: Hockenson, T.J., TE, DET    

16.03 DHC: James "Boobie" Williams, RB, FA 

16.04 PackersFan: Equanimeous Tristan Imhotep J. St. Brown, WR, GB 

16.05 Boudewijn - Marquise Goodwin, WR, SF.

16.06 Iron-cock - Dexter Williams, RB, GB

16.7 - Predator_05 - Cowboys Defense
16.8 - ZidaneValor -  Buffalo D/ST
16.9 - CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast - JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR
16.10 - Br0kenB - Rex Burkhead, RB NE
16.11 - FFCollusion - Jay Ajayi RB TBD
16.12 - DocJ - Baltimore def/st

16.13 - ToO_BaD - Taylor Gabriel, WR, CHI
16.14 - MrBlonde1984 - @mrblonde1984 - OTC.  Wrap it up for us.  Hit a home run here!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

 

Come on, you won a league with Zuerlein. :D

 

He didn't even argue that he had the best kicker, just that he has a better one...in July.   While we're at it, Tavecchio has the job instead of Bryant because the Falcons got a comp pick out of cutting Bryant. I'm not even sure he's a good kicker.

 

No idea why he was picked, he didn't even go to Alabama.

 

Not trying to poop on your kicker DHC, best of luck to him and you.

Edited by Iron-cock
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

 

He didn't even argue that he had the best kicker, just that he has a better one...in July.   While we're at it, Tavecchio has the job instead of Bryant because the Falcons got a comp pick out of cutting Bryant. I'm not even sure he's a good kicker.

 

No idea why he was picked, he didn't even go to Alabama.

 

Not trying to poop on your kicker DHC, best of luck to him and you.

 

I was thinking about this the other day; stacking Alabama players isn't the worst strategy.

 

Isn't Alabama basically the college football equivalent of the ivy leagues? Whoever comes out of there, especially in the early rounds, is probably better than most players in the league already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iron-cock said:

 

 

 

Those might be the worst points I've ever read regarding who has a better roster in fantasy football.

 

 

Thank you

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

 

I was thinking about this the other day; stacking Alabama players isn't the worst strategy.

 

Isn't Alabama basically the college football equivalent of the ivy leagues? Whoever comes out of there, especially in the early rounds, is probably better than most players in the league already.

 

As far as fantasy goes, it's a pretty bad strategy.  The only one who lived up to his NFL and Dynasty draft position was Julio.

I'm not sure if I got all of the recent ones, but here are the skill position players:

Julio Jones
Mark Ingram
Greg McElroy
Trent Richardson
Brad Smelley, TE Browns
Michael Williams, TE Lions
Kevin Norwood, WR, Seahawks
AJ McCarron
Eddie Lacy
Amari Cooper
TJ Yeldon
Derrick Henry
Kenyan Drake
OJ Howard
ArDarius Stewart (THANKS FOR THAT ALABAMA, We used a 100 pick on this POS)
Calvin Ridley
Bo Scarbrough
Josh Jacobs
Damien Harris

 

(Lots of good IRL non-skill position players though...)

Edited by Iron-cock

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

 

He didn't even argue that he had the best kicker, just that he has a better one...in July.   While we're at it, Tavecchio has the job instead of Bryant because the Falcons got a comp pick out of cutting Bryant. I'm not even sure he's a good kicker.

 

No idea why he was picked, he didn't even go to Alabama.

 

Not trying to poop on your kicker DHC, best of luck to him and you.

 

Everybody has their opinions. I don't mind.

 

ATL will be a high scoring offense and play mostly dome games so yeah, whoever is kicking for ATL will be valuable. 

You can laugh at kickers but it's still a position that has to be filled and if you gain a point or two on your opponent from your kicker sometimes that can be the difference in winning or losing your week. Same thing goes for your team defense. So when comparing matchups it does matter to me who potentially has the better kicker and defense for those matchups.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Iron-cock said:

 

As far as fantasy goes, it's a pretty bad strategy.  The only one who lived up to his NFL and Dynasty draft position was Julio.

I'm not sure if I got all of the recent ones, but here are the skill position players:

Julio Jones
Mark Ingram
Greg McElroy
Trent Richardson
Brad Smelley, TE Browns
Michael Williams, TE Lions
Kevin Norwood, WR, Seahawks
AJ McCarron
Eddie Lacy
Amari Cooper
TJ Yeldon
Derrick Henry
Kenyan Drake
OJ Howard
ArDarius Stewart (THANKS FOR THAT ALABAMA, We used a 100 pick on this POS)
Calvin Ridley
Bo Scarbrough
Josh Jacobs
Damien Harris

 

(Lots of good IRL non-skill position players though...)

 

Robert Foster.?

Hell, I even count Alvin kamara since he signed and played at Bama before he had to transfer

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

 

As far as fantasy goes, it's a pretty bad strategy.  The only one who lived up to his NFL and Dynasty draft position was Julio.

I'm not sure if I got all of the recent ones, but here are the skill position players:

Julio Jones
Mark Ingram
Greg McElroy
Trent Richardson
Brad Smelley, TE Browns
Michael Williams, TE Lions
Kevin Norwood, WR, Seahawks
AJ McCarron
Eddie Lacy
Amari Cooper
TJ Yeldon
Derrick Henry
Kenyan Drake
OJ Howard
ArDarius Stewart (THANKS FOR THAT ALABAMA, We used a 100 pick on this POS)
Calvin Ridley
Bo Scarbrough
Josh Jacobs
Damien Harris

 

(Lots of good IRL non-skill position players though...)

 

In redraft? They're all pretty NFL-ready when they arrive. Julio, Richardson, Lacy, Cooper, Ridley, all hit the ground running.

Talking specifically for this year, you could realistically have a lineup with:

 

Henry, Drake, Ingram, Damien Harris at RB

Julio, Cooper, Ridley at WR

OJ Howard at TE

 

This is basically @DerrickHenrysCleats dynasty league teams.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, predator_05 said:

Come on, you won a league with Zuerlein. :D

 

14 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

You can laugh at kickers but it's still a position that has to be filled and if you gain a point or two on your opponent from your kicker sometimes that can be the difference in winning or losing your week

 

 

spacer.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

 

In redraft? They're all pretty NFL-ready when they arrive. Julio, Richardson, Lacy, Cooper, Ridley, all hit the ground running.

Talking specifically for this year, you could realistically have a lineup with:

 

Henry, Drake, Ingram, Damien Harris at RB

Julio, Cooper, Ridley at WR

OJ Howard at TE

 

This is basically @DerrickHenrysCleats dynasty league teams.

 

That's why you can't have my 2020 1st round pick in WLAB. I'll be rounding out my roster with This and Jerry jeudy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FFCollusion said:


 

16.01 Winky: Zay Jones, WR, BUF

16.02 1972MiamiDolphins: Hockenson, T.J., TE, DET    

16.03 DHC: James "Boobie" Williams, RB, FA 

16.04 PackersFan: Equanimeous Tristan Imhotep J. St. Brown, WR, GB 

16.05 Boudewijn - Marquise Goodwin, WR, SF.

16.06 Iron-cock - Dexter Williams, RB, GB

16.7 - Predator_05 - Cowboys Defense
16.8 - ZidaneValor -  Buffalo D/ST
16.9 - CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast - JJ Arcega-Whiteside, WR
16.10 - Br0kenB - Rex Burkhead, RB NE
16.11 - FFCollusion - Jay Ajayi RB TBD
16.12 - DocJ - @DocJ
16.13 - ToO_BaD
16.14 - MrBlonde1984

 

Not a chance.  Carr, Stafford, Foles, Dalton all still out there.  I'm not particularly interested in streaming, but when 24 QBs get drafted you take what the board gives you, and roll with it.  There were multiple QBs I would have taken throughout the draft if they fell to the right rounds, it just didn't happen that way and I wasn't going to reach, oh well.

 

I know, I only mentioned you since you basically don't have a QB as of now ... we can all laugh at DHC all year as his 3rd string QB outrushes his starting RB2. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seriously though, I went to Alabama so of course I follow our players in the NFL. Does not mean I'm not realistic about what they can and can not do. 

 

What is important in the NFL is how committed you are to being great. There is nobody babysitting you like at Alabama. Our program is very structured, weight training classes are scheduled, there are aides to help make sure you are up a d where you are supposed to be and when. It is very structured. When they go to the NFL a lot of that stuff they have to do on their own, eating right, working out,studying, they are no longer in a structured environment where everything was planned for them. That's why many of them do fall off when hitting the NFL. Going to Alabama does not automatically.make you great in the NFL, you have to discern who can make it in the NFL from their team same as every other team cause each individual player is only responsible for themselves. 

 

That being said, you can field a very good team with mostly Alabama players.

In my 2QB money league my offense is:

Baker/Watson

David Johnson/Damien Williams/Derrick Henry/Mark Ingram/Kenyan Drake/Peyton Barber/TJ Yeldon

 

Julio/Cooper/Ridley/Westbrook/Fuller/Humphries

 

OJ Howard/Mark Andrews

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

 

I know, I only mentioned you since you basically don't have a QB as of now ... we can all laugh at DHC all year as his 3rd string QB outrushes his starting RB2. 

 

It's better than playing against him and watching him shred my team.

 

Murray and Jackson offer safe floors due to their rushing abilities.

 

Just because you have never traded a QB in anything but a 2 QB league does not mean that I can't. 

I can package guys to get someone that I want. Unless people become content with the up and down QB play of streaming QBs or start colluding to not trade for a QB then there will always be a market for a QB whose rushing abilities offer him the safest floor of any QB not in the top 5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

It's better than playing against him and watching him shred my team.

 

Murray and Jackson offer safe floors due to their rushing abilities.

 

Just because you have never traded a QB in anything but a 2 QB league does not mean that I can't. 

I can package guys to get someone that I want. Unless people become content with the up and down QB play of streaming QBs or start colluding to not trade for a QB then there will always be a market for a QB whose rushing abilities offer him the safest floor of any QB not in the top 5.

 

I hate to break it to you, but it's highly unlikely anyone in this league is dumb enough to pay anything decent for 2nd and 3rd string running QBs in a 6 point passing league ... but you've got Boobie Williams, so you're fine. Good luck.

When shall we expect our teams to be up on the yahoo machine? [No pressure, just general inquiry] 

Edited by CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

 

I hate to break it to you, but it's highly unlikely anyone in this league is dumb enough to pay anything decent for 2nd and 3rd string running QBs in a 6 point passing league ... but you've got Boobie Williams, so you're fine. Good luck.

When shall we expect our teams to be up on the yahoo machine? [No pressure, just general inquiry] 

 

Lol, that's fine. At least I won't have to play against them. They are both dangerous QBs. If people would rather stream QBs that'is their prerogative, I have plenty of players to withstand your onslaught with fournette and his eggshell ankles.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

 

I hate to break it to you, but it's highly unlikely anyone in this league is dumb enough to pay anything decent for 2nd and 3rd string running QBs in a 6 point passing league ... but you've got Boobie Williams, so you're fine. Good luck.

When shall we expect our teams to be up on the yahoo machine? [No pressure, just general inquiry] 

 

Also, why do you keep saying that no one will trade me anything decent for a QB?

I took Murray in the 10th Rd. ADP of 8th I took Jackson in the 12th ADP of 10th. 

 

I drafted Kyler Murray the same round you drafted Chase Edmonds. Others drafted around Murray: Michael gallup, Jamaal Williams, Benny Snell jr.  So this is the value I have to beat in a trade for Murray? I like my chances.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Lol, that's fine. At least I won't have to play against them. They are both dangerous QBs. If people would rather stream QBs that'is their prerogative, I have plenty of players to withstand your onslaught with fournette and his eggshell ankles.

 

You'll be short on bench space. It'll hurt your chances of getting guys off the waiver wire.

Not to mention the head-ache you'll have when it comes to selecting who to play every week. Assuming you think Lamar/Kyler are start-worthy, which i'm guessing you do, because you drafted them fairly high.

 

Bold strategy though. I'm willing to give you $50 FAAB for Murray, let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

 

You'll be short on bench space. It'll hurt your chances of getting guys off the waiver wire.

Not to mention the head-ache you'll have when it comes to selecting who to play every week. Assuming you think Lamar/Kyler are start-worthy, which i'm guessing you do, because you drafted them fairly high.

 

Bold strategy though. I'm willing to give you $50 FAAB for Murray, let me know.

 

got a couple nibbles on Murray already. I've played the bench spot roulette before. I don't have many bye week constraints so I think I can figure it out. 

 

i drafted them in the 10th and 12th rounds respectively. That's not super high when guys like the Steelers 3rd string non pass catching rookie RB or the AZ cardinals backup RB are going off the board, I don't think I should have a hard time trying to trade Murray for someone more valuable than Benny Snell or Chase Edmonds.

 

hell, I bet 50 FAABs would sound pretty damn good to the Benny Snell or Chase Edmonds owners right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

Also, why do you keep saying that no one will trade me anything decent for a QB?

I took Murray in the 10th Rd. ADP of 8th I took Jackson in the 12th ADP of 10th. 

 

I drafted Kyler Murray the same round you drafted Chase Edmonds. Others drafted around Murray: Michael gallup, Jamaal Williams, Benny Snell jr.  So this is the value I have to beat in a trade for Murray? I like my chances.

 

 

 

1. RB handcuffs who could be thrust into RB rolls > backup QBs

2. Gallup is legit 

So, no - you aren’t trading those QBs for those players directly ... would you trade those QBs for potential RB2’s?

because that’s what they are as handcuffs - potential RB2s worth a lot more than 3rd string QBs 

don’t be mad some people are smart enough to actually handcuff or throw RB darts at guys that are actually on an NFL roster

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 

got a couple nibbles on Murray already. I've played the bench spot roulette before. I don't have many bye week constraints so I think I can figure it out. 

 

i drafted them in the 10th and 12th rounds respectively. That's not super high when guys like the Steelers 3rd string non pass catching rookie RB or the AZ cardinals backup RB are going off the board, I don't think I should have a hard time trying to trade Murray for someone more valuable than Benny Snell or Chase Edmonds.

 

hell, I bet 50 FAABs would sound pretty damn good to the Benny Snell or Chase Edmonds owners right now.

 

No, because handcuffing David Johnson with Edmonds means I don’t have to spend FAAB ... you know, the basic point. 

Congrats on the nibbles and better kicker though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

 I bet 50 FAABs would sound pretty damn good to the Benny Snell owners right now.

 

Nope.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

 

1. RB handcuffs who could be thrust into RB rolls > backup QBs

2. Gallup is legit 

So, no - you aren’t trading those QBs for those players directly ... would you trade those QBs for potential RB2’s?

because that’s what they are as handcuffs - potential RB2s worth a lot more than 3rd string QBs 

don’t be mad some people are smart enough to actually handcuff or throw RB darts at guys that are actually on an NFL roster

 

 

Well, you drafted Edmonds round 10 and don't even have a defense. 

 

You will drop Whiteside or Edmonds, hopefully Edmonds since that will be wasting your 10th round pick. 

 

If I trade Murray for anyone who can help my team regardless of ADP then that will be a win. I'm not missing out on much, except Darwin Thompson, that was drafted after Murray anyway.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.