Iron-cock

2019 Rotoworld Mock Real League

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

No, because handcuffing David Johnson with Edmonds means I don’t have to spend FAAB ... you know, the basic point. 

Congrats on the nibbles and better kicker though. 

You forgot about the better defense, QB, TE and probably RBs and WRs too

You can hold Edmonds all season waiting for DJ to get hurt. That is a solid strategy with 6 bench spots.

Better get on the wire and find a TE and defense to start week 1 instead of worrying as much about my team. I'm good to go. If someone wants Murray or Jackson I'm open for business. Either one would start for at least 4 teams in this league.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

3 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

You forgot about the better defense, QB, TE and probably RBs and WRs too

You can hold Edmonds all season waiting for DJ to get hurt. That is a solid strategy with 6 bench spots.

Better get on the wire and find a TE and defense to start week 1 instead of worrying as much about my team. I'm good to go. If someone wants Murray or Jackson I'm open for business. Either one would start for at least 4 teams in this league.

1. You don’t have better RBs, stop.

2. Your WR corp is not even close. 

3. You have a better tight end. 

4. I’m not even going to acknowledge your almighty defense advantage. 

5. Do you actually take yourself seriously?

2 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

1. You don’t have better RBs, stop.

2. Your WR corp is not even close. 

3. You have a better tight end. 

4. I’m not even going to acknowledge your almighty defense advantage. 

5. Do you actually take yourself seriously?

I can argue my RBs over yours. Henry led the NFL in fantasy points in decber last year. Get over your bias or hate of him because of me or whatever your problem is and recognize henry has a top 3 OLine he is running behind. Jacobs is better than fournette. He will catch about 50 passes more than fournette. Henderson is better than. Latavius murray, henderson and Jacobs are both pass catching threats.

2. Juju is better than any WR you got by a long shot. So who are you so enamored with at WR that is so much better? Dede will be a 1,000 yd receiver this year. 

3. My TE isn't just better than yours. He is miles and miles better. You run fant out there week 1 and you are lucky to get a 0-3 poi ts from the TE position.

4. My defense had 50 sacks last season and returns everyone on defense, I'll take them over any WW defense you grab.

5. Of course I take myself seriously, you will find that out when I beat you this year.

23 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Faith in your guys, that's what fantasy football is all about.

It's about positional scarcity, roster construction and playing the odds.   

Where do you think Lamar Jackson will finish among quarterbacks in this league?  

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

It's about positional scarcity, roster construction and playing the odds.   

Where do you think Lamar Jackson will finish among quarterbacks in this league?  

Good question. 

I'll have to do a more thorough breakdown when I get off of work but I think that barring injury that he can pass for 3,000 and 20TDs and think he can rush for 1,000 and another 10TDs.

He will fumble and throw picks too so have to subtract those points.

That would be 240 passing fantasy points and 170 rushing fantasy points for a total of 410. That would be without subtracting his interceptions,sacks or fumbles. 

League settings say no punishment for sacks in scoring so let's say fumbles and interceptions he loses 20-30 fantasy points. That would knock him down to 390 or 380.

In Where Legends are Born, based on last year's #s that would put Jackson ahead of Matt Ryan and behind only Patrick Maholmes.

That seems crazy to think about. 3,000 yards passing should not even be that hard of a thing to do for Jackson. I'm not sure where I would rank him but I think if he plays all 16 games that he will be a top 10 QB.

Edited by DerrickHenrysCleats

1 hour ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

When shall we expect our teams to be up on the yahoo machine? [No pressure, just general inquiry] 

Later tonight or Tomorrow.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Faith in your guys, that's what fantasy football is all about.

What? No, winning, that is what fantasy football is all about. Faith is just fake certainty and belongs in church (temple, mosque, etc).

10 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

What? No, winning, that is what fantasy football is all about. Faith is just fake certainty and belongs in church (temple, mosque, etc).

Touche

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Then ladies and gentleman, purely for bragging rights, (and because I love Excel and have no life), this is a valuation of your draft based on average auction values.

image.png.8e711f0a585f2ef82952999c948b43f3.png

As you can see, about half the teams have just over $200 value, the other half just under, but for the most part, it's still pretty close. You can see who reached a lot (for better or for worse) and @ToO_BaD had the most dollar value.

However, TooBad also had an early draft position, and had Barkley fall to him. If I look at rounds 3-16, TooBad is still the #2, but then @ZidaneValor is the clear bargain hunter.

Then a couple good deals and some reaches:

13    Davante Adams    1972MIA
37    Tyreek Hill    IronCock
43    Julian Edelman    Wink
146    Cam Newton    CGoXMP

12    Derrick Henry    DHC
45    Baker Mayfield    DHC
48    David Montgomery    IronCock
64    Rashaad Penny    Pred
73    Kareem Hunt    DHC

Again, none of this matters in December, just for fun. Good luck all of you guys and see you on Yahoo!

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Like 3

17 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Then ladies and gentleman, purely for bragging rights, (and because I love Excel and have no life), this is a valuation of your draft based on average auction values.

image.png.8e711f0a585f2ef82952999c948b43f3.png

As you can see, about half the teams have just over $200 value, the other half just under, but for the most part, it's still pretty close. You can see who reached a lot (for better or for worse) and @ToO_BaD had the most dollar value.

However, TooBad also had an early draft position, and had Barkley fall to him. If I look at rounds 3-16, TooBad is still the #2, but then @ZidaneValor is the clear bargain hunter.

Then a couple good deals and some reaches:

13    Davante Adams    1972MIA
37    Tyreek Hill    IronCock
43    Julian Edelman    Wink
146    Cam Newton    CGoXMP

12    Derrick Henry    DHC
45    Baker Mayfield    DHC
48    David Montgomery    IronCock
64    Rashaad Penny    Pred
73    Kareem Hunt    DHC

Again, none of this matters in December, just for fun. Good luck all of you guys and see you on Yahoo!

Damn.

:(

1 minute ago, predator_05 said:

Damn.

:(

Imagine how good you'll look when you win the trophy.

Awesome graph pred, thanks for doing that.

side question, is there any sites that have an “adp” graph of auction values for each player.  Not talking like a power ranking sheet, but a set up similar to fantasyfootballcalculator how you can sort by setting, league size and get actual data

for this draft, i printed out the half ppr adp draftboard for a 14 teamer to guage value in my picks, i do that every season even in my in person drafts where everyone else seems to print off an espn power ranking or some magazine, helps me get ahead if the game during the draft

along with having my adp sheet this season, i would like to write their auction values next to them from an apd pool

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Imagine how good you'll look when you win the trophy.

Considering that it has never happened, all i can do is imagine. My record (by memory):

2013: 6th

2014: 10th

2015: 4th

2016: 9th

2017: 4th

2018: 2nd

The guy your model has picked to win is a good bet. @ToO_BaD has won this league twice, and has the best win % if i'm not mistaken.

When i'm free a little later, or tomorrow maybe, I'll add up all the historical results from our other players. Should be interesting.

Edited by predator_05
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

side question, is there any sites that have an “adp” graph of auction values for each player.  Not talking like a power ranking sheet, but a set up similar to fantasyfootballcalculator how you can sort by setting, league size and get actual data

Not entirely sure what you ask but I used https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/auction-values/calculator.php 

With a bit of Excel that easily turns into a printable draft board.

56 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Considering that it has never happened, all i can do is imagine. My record (by memory):

2013: 6th

2014: 10th

2015: 4th

2016: 9th

2017: 4th

2018: 2nd

The guy your model has picked to win is a good bet. @ToO_BaD has won this league twice, and has the best win % if i'm not mistaken.

When i'm free a little later, or tomorrow maybe, I'll add up all the historical results from our other players. Should be interesting.

I won the first year i played if that makes u feel better lol

47 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Not entirely sure what you ask but I used https://www.fantasypros.com/nfl/auction-values/calculator.php 

With a bit of Excel that easily turns into a printable draft board.

I can work with that.  Do u know how they get those values?  Is it one person deciding those values, or is that what people are actually paying in mocks?

15 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Do u know how they get those values?

That is an excellent question. The FAQ doesn't give any info on that either, so I'm going to assume "expert rankings", which is a bit of a bummer.

BTW:

1 hour ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Awesome graph pred, thanks for doing that.

Yeah that wasn't pred, but thanks anyway ;)

1 minute ago, Boudewijn said:

That is an excellent question. The FAQ doesn't give any info on that either, so I'm going to assume "expert rankings", which is a bit of a bummer.

Ok, thats what my initial question was geared towards.  Fantasyfootballcalculator’s adp is actually derived from a sampling of actual current mocks which fortunately also excludes the robot picks, all adp data is from human selections

40 minutes ago, ZidaneValor said:

I'm a bargain hunter.

I bought refurbs with no warranty. 

41 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

I bought refurbs with no warranty. 

QFT. I think half your team falls in that category.

Could get you some extreme value, or you could be fried by a short and have your hair on fire by mid-October.