Iron-cock

2019 Rotoworld Mock Real League

22 minutes ago, Winky said:

Guys... saying things like "Let's have fun like in year's past" and "it defeats the purpose of the league" and "the league exists as a guide to other users" is all straw and, quite honestly, your opinions.

I could care less about trading picks, but I am calling out your use of your opinion as gospel.

Your opinions can't really stop it from happening anyway.

Trading picks would be fun for me; the purpose of the league is to help us get smarter for our other leagues - trading actually accomplishes that; guide to other users - what about being a guide for me around trade values?  Just sayin'

Just stop with  "we didn't discuss it before the draft and the draft started"... and everyone gets it.

Honestly, i'm just killing time before the next pick comes in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, predator_05 said:

Honestly, i'm just killing time before the next pick comes in.

Maybe he's in the middle of a blockbuster 5 way trade for picks, and the deal is at a stalemate

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

Tag me when Br0ken’s OTC I’ll be in meetings all day tomorrow but should be able to post our picks (conveniently back to back)

riveting start so far. Things could get real weird @ 1.06 

I will be at orchids of Asia tomorrow, so may not have much connection, nor care to have much connection

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1046092391_Screenshot_20190715-0726034.png.5341af5e17087b05eb02527b90066f2c.pngi just want to note how our bickering has made it into the "popular/hot!" thread. I imagine there'll be a couple people seeing this thread scratching their heads, wondering what exactly they're reading :)

60 seconds later...

Just now, Boudewijn said:

1046092391_Screenshot_20190715-0726034.png.5341af5e17087b05eb02527b90066f2c.pngi just want to note how our bickering has made it into the "popular/hot!" thread. I imagine there'll be a couple people seeing this thread scratching their heads, wondering what exactly they're reading :)

Ur not getting my pick boudewijn, if you want to trade pics, how much is this one worth?

IMG_0534.JPG.9911394ba023c8296f5547476dc3e2a6.JPG

8 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

Granted i had nothing to do with this particular one but I have a knack for making the threads I join "Hot"

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, FFCollusion said:

Correct, people only sell/trade assets because they dislike them, not because they feel it's a potentially sound financial decision.

Right, but people play games because they're fun.   Changing the rules after the game starts because you didn't like your draft position is what most people would describe as "not fun" and/or "not fair".  

I thought you were asking for the rule change because you thought it would be fun (as others have mentioned), not because it would be some kind of tactical advantage for you this season. 

If we decide not to trade draft picks live, my other question that you also ignored still stands.  Can I manage the trade behind the scenes, without disrupting the draft, and complete the transaction after the draft without it being considered collusion or cheating?

I can't read your Rotoworld PM's, EMail, Discord PMs, etc.  So it's not like I could find out about some kind of collusion or conspiracy that way.

Unless you do something that makes everyone in the league scream "Collusion!" in one way or another, how would anyone know?   

Edited by Iron-cock

22 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

Right, but people play games because they're fun.   Changing the rules after the game starts because you didn't like your draft position is what most people would describe as "not fun" and/or "not fair".  

I thought you were asking for the rule change because you thought it would be fun (as others have mentioned), not because it would be some kind of tactical advantage for you this season. 

I can't read your Rotoworld PM's, EMail, Discord PMs, etc.  So it's not like I could find out about some kind of collusion or conspiracy that way.

Unless you do something that makes everyone in the league scream "Collusion!" in one way or another, how would anyone know?   

Can't spell Final Fantasy Collusion without Collusion!

36 minutes ago, Iron-cock said:

You know I asked about this 5 years ago and virtually every year since, this isn't a new or draft dictated conspiracy.

You can't cry wolf about unfair or changing the rules after the game started, when A: the game wasn't suppose to start yet, so the only people who have picked also changed the rules B: We're 2 meaningless picks in.  If they care, let them re-evaluate and re-pick and/or trade if need be.

To the latter part, I understand that, but I would know.  I have no desire to do so if it's going to be deemed as unethical, so I'm being completely forward and honest, and straight up asking.  Either trading draft picks isn't allowed because it's inconvenient and slows the draft, meaning there's no reason handling it behind the scenes post-draft should cause any issues, or it's not allowed... for alternative reasons yet to be defined.  At this point, it's essentially impossible for me to trade my 1st round pick no matter what, because it will automatically be perceived as pre-meditated, so I'm SOL regardless.

Look, if the answer is no I can live with that.  The issue at hand is your complete disregard for the proposal and weak arguments against it.  Either you're dictating the answer is no as commish and refuse to discuss it or vote on it, in which case my 2nd question still applies.  Or your foundation dispute is that it's unfair to the people who unfairly started the draft, in which case A: Ironic, but you didn't even consult those two people to make that decision B: Erase the picks and we'll start tomorrow at 9am as intended, and it won't have cost us any time, because we're at a dead end right now with Doc anyways.

I don't want to go back and forth with meaningless responses that aren't pushing the conversation forward.  I want to deal with the option and come to a decision/agreement no matter the outcome. Is that an unreasonable expectation?  If not, then please tell me, what is the process of proposing a new rule, how is it decided, and what can I do to begin that process?

2 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

If not, then please tell me, what is the process of proposing a new rule, how is it decided, and what can I do to begin that process?

I admit I logged out a bit. Are we discussing to trade the entire draft position (eg you from #4 to #10) or the trading of individual picks?

- I have no problem with option one, in fact I think it makes sense given the setup of the league; we're trying to make this useful for other (money, friends/family) drafts we may care more about. If pick #10 is more useful to you than #4 in that sense, I have zero problem with switching right now.

- trading individual picks (say your 1.04 + 7.04 against my 2.19+4.19) is interesting as a process, but may not fit with everyone's purpose of preparation. I would suggest to discuss that for next year so people can make an informed decision.

6 hours ago, Iron-cock said:

Feel free to discuss but I’m not a fan of changing anything until next season.  

7 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

Either you're dictating the answer is no as commish and refuse to discuss it or vote on it.

Clearly

9 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

I admit I logged out a bit. Are we discussing to trade the entire draft position (eg you from #4 to #10) or the trading of individual picks?

- I have no problem with option one, in fact I think it makes sense given the setup of the league; we're trying to make this useful for other (money, friends/family) drafts we may care more about. If pick #10 is more useful to you than #4 in that sense, I have zero problem with switching right now.

- trading individual picks (say your 1.04 + 7.04 against my 2.19+4.19) is interesting as a process, but may not fit with everyone's purpose of preparation. I would suggest to discuss that for next year so people can make an informed decision.

The argument is about option 2

1 minute ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

The argument is about option 2

In that case I suggest to create a separate thread or a group chat/message, so we keep this thread clean, which I would prefer to be just about the actual drafting.

9 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

In that case I suggest to create a separate thread or a group chat/message, so we keep this thread clean, which I would prefer to be just about the actual drafting.

Have u downloaded the yahoo fantasy app yet?  After this draft, the talk will divert to that chat on that app

3 minutes ago, 1972Miamidolphins said:

Have u downloaded the yahoo fantasy app yet?  After this draft, the talk will divert to that chat on that app

That's what I prefer

1 minute ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

That's what I prefer

You say that now... wait until Dolphins is s--- faced drunk every Sunday night sending dick pics to the group, talking about god knows what again.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, FFCollusion said:

You say that now... wait until Dolphins is s--- faced drunk every Sunday night sending dick pics to the group, talking about god knows what again.

Miss me already huh?  Wanna trade pics?IMG_0534.JPG.9911394ba023c8296f5547476dc3e2a6.JPG

23 minutes ago, CyberneticGhostOfXMasPast said:

RECAP:

1.01 CMC

1.02 Barkley 

1.03 ... Doc, save us please. 

If doc coulda just signed in...man..things coulda been different..

spacer.png

Posted (edited)

I vote against trading picks too. Outside of dynasty they are not that common for drafts

Edit: Can I also get confirmation on scoring again? 

1QB. 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 Flex, Def, K - 0.5PPR? 

Im in too many leagues haha

Edited by PackersFan1979

I skimmed the last few pages, but from what I gather FFC wants to trade out of 4 for some Reeses PB Cups? 

This is bull****. I would have taken a pack of M&M's for 1.01.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, PackersFan1979 said:

I vote against trading picks too. Outside of dynasty they are not that common for drafts

Edit: Can I also get confirmation on scoring again? 

1QB. 2RB, 3WR, 1TE, 1 Flex, Def, K - 0.5PPR? 

Im in too many leagues haha

1QB 2 RB 2 WR 1TE, 2 Flex, Def, K 

0.5 ppr, 6 point td passes. 

• Thanks 1