Schmakky141

8th pick, 8team 0.5 PPR - WHO TO TAKE

Recommended Posts

Predicting the first 7 picks look something like this -

saquon

zeke

mccaffrey

kamara

gordon

hopkins

adams

...?

 

 

who is the safest pick(s) at the 8/9 loop and why out of -

DJ, Bell, Gurley, Mixon, Connor etc.

(Id prefer to go RB, RB with the depth of WRs available later)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Rush2112 said:

DJ 

Thanks mate... can i pick ya brains why you went with DJ over those other names?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Schmakky141 said:

DJ, Bell, Gurley, Mixon, Connor

All of those have some kind of question marks to their name, and yet all are interesting.

DJ (27): Clocked in at 17 on the list of yards last season, behind a horrendous O-line, with a bad coach and a bad QB. But will all of that be better? And that at again one year older. I say he's up for 1200-1400 yds at most.

Bell (27): Rested a year after 2 1800+ yd seasons (on 300+ and 400+ touches). Good for him. But he also has a mediocre team now with one of the possibly most mediocre coaches in the NFL. IF he stays healthy (not a given) I think he can do something like DJ, maybe a bit more: 1200-1500.

Gurley (24): Possibly the best combination of talent and age. Did not rest, but instead has a lot of injury trouble (which turned out to be arthritis). I don't want to gamble on him staying healthy; however, if he CAN stay healthy, I think he would be your best bet.

Mixon (22): Joe had a relatively quiet rookie season, but last season he had 1464 yd on 14 games. There is some competition behind him, but I think he could esily again have a 12-1500 yd season, without the risks that Bell has.

Conner (24): Had a similar season as Mixon, with even more TDs in even fewer games. However, Conner feels more replaceable; when he got injured Jaylen Samuels took over without missing a beat. 

To me it's between Mixon, Bell and Conner, probably in that order.

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

All of those have some kind of question marks to their name, and yet all are interesting.

DJ (27): Clocked in at 17 on the list of yards last season, behind a horrendous O-line, with a bad coach and a bad QB. But will all of that be better? And that at again one year older. I say he's up for 1200-1400 yds at most.

Bell (27): Rested a year after 2 1800+ yd seasons (on 300+ and 400+ touches). Good for him. But he also has a mediocre team now with one of the possibly most mediocre coaches in the NFL. IF he stays healthy (not a given) I think he can do something like DJ, maybe a bit more: 1200-1500.

Gurley (24): Possibly the best combination of talent and age. Did not rest, but instead has a lot of injury trouble (which turned out to be arthritis). I don't want to gamble on him staying healthy; however, if he CAN stay healthy, I think he would be your best bet.

Mixon (22): Joe had a relatively quiet rookie season, but last season he had 1464 yd on 14 games. There is some competition behind him, but I think he could esily again have a 12-1500 yd season, without the risks that Bell has.

Conner (24): Had a similar season as Mixon, with even more TDs in even fewer games. However, Conner feels more replaceable; when he got injured Jaylen Samuels took over without missing a beat. 

To me it's between Mixon, Bell and Conner, probably in that order.

 

Thanks again mate.......

 

Bell and Gurley have me the most concerned definitely due to Gurleys injuries and Bell in a new offence... Connor and Samuel for that matter produce at the Steelers with Bell not there..... the Steelers schemes and coaching and offence are a big factor in Bells success and hes not fortunate enough to be in a team of those capabilities anymore... no doubt he is a star... but will the line provide time and space? Will defences just cover everything Bell does in the pass with no real other threats there...

 

 

 

i really like Mixon and DJ running out of the shotgun... Mixon does have me excited but i feel like taking him ahead of those other names is silly, for some reason.. haha i cant work out why

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Schmakky141 said:

DJ running out of the shotgun

You like DJ running out the shotgun? This to me in fact is another risk. The shotgun is generally not the natural habitat of the bellcow back.

Yes he'll see plenty passes, but his carries will be limited.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Boudewijn said:

You like DJ running out the shotgun? This to me in fact is another risk. The shotgun is generally not the natural habitat of the bellcow back.

Yes he'll see plenty passes, but his carries will be limited.

I actually do like it for a player of DJs pass catch abilities, yeh... especially when he has been quoted saying he prefers to play out of shotgun, and its what he was accustomed to in his  college days...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’d go DJ and the Gurley. DJ was close to 1,000 rushing yards last season in what was one of the worst situations. I see him improving this year and I see a lot of catches coming his way again like he did in his breakout year. 

Gurley is the question mark of course but I have a hard time passing on him as my number 2 back, especially in an 8 team league where you can get plenty of depth. I’d take the chance on him as my number 2. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, GreatScott! said:

I’d go DJ and the Gurley. DJ was close to 1,000 rushing yards last season in what was one of the worst situations. I see him improving this year and I see a lot of catches coming his way again like he did in his breakout year. 

Gurley is the question mark of course but I have a hard time passing on him as my number 2 back, especially in an 8 team league where you can get plenty of depth. I’d take the chance on him as my number 2. 

 

Oh i missed the 8 team thing. I like DJ/Kelce in that setup. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, dmb3684 said:

 

Oh i missed the 8 team thing. I like DJ/Kelce in that setup. 

Thank you... this is strongly the approach i am considering.

to get a set and forget TE with the hopes of getting RBs like Ingram, Henry, Jacobs, Guice, Coleman later in there draft. Theres alot of RBs this year with big potential 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...