Sign in to follow this  
Osu1456

Will Benson - OF CLE

This guy needs a thread. He is up to 16 home runs, 18 steals, and a .283/.376/.620 slash line in 51 games for single A Lake County. The power and speed are definitely legit for this 20 year old 6'5 monster. The only issue for him is the swing and miss potential as he also has 68 strikeouts on the season. He needs to find a way to make more frequent contact. If he can cut that strikeout number down he could be very productive at the upper levels. There is room for optimism though as I do believe his swing has improved greatly this season:

He should see A+ ball to finish out the year imo.

• Like 2

Another Bradley Zimmer?  Tools for days but can’t see to get the contact down right.

10 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Another Bradley Zimmer?  Tools for days but can’t see to get the contact down right.

It took him time to adjust and a second start at Low A before he figured it out, so his slow start at High A may be similar.  I think though he is what we are seeing, a good power-speed guy that's willing to walk but is also going to K a ton.  While body-wise very different, from a fantasy perspective it reminds me of Mike Cameron.  

• Like 1