Sign in to follow this  
shakestreet

Fantasy baseball trade analyzer

Anybody have any links so I can get some input. Razzball analyzed and i am losing this trade 

My team needs starting pitching... 16 team rotisserie.. 6x6 QS & HDs & OPS OBP 

i give JD Martinez 

i get Stephen Strasburg & Lance Lynn 

It says Strasburg, Lynn > J.D. Martinez but that's 2 players for 1, so who would your drop be and I'll plug him in, bc technically it's like you're trading him away too

18 minutes ago, Jmdyanks92 said:

It says Strasburg, Lynn > J.D. Martinez but that's 2 players for 1, so who would your drop be and I'll plug him in, bc technically it's like you're trading him away too

Thank you

Probably Mike Friers . I could throw away Profar or Kyle Seager . 

You don’t need an analyzer to tell you that the owner acquiring an elite power bat for a very good starter and a streamer wins this trade with ease.

• Like 3

JD is worth more than Stras and a guy who may implode at any second...

I stuck with Lynn for years and he always ruined me...

Posted (edited)
23 minutes ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

You don’t need an analyzer to tell you that the owner acquiring an elite power bat for a very good starter and a streamer wins this trade with ease.

Well no doubt Sherlock. In a vacuum I have to agree. But damnit other things must be considered and honestly we need to think outside the box on this situation.  My offensive is super while my pitching is lost. 

Have you ever played in a rotisserie league? This is not one of those kiddie H2H league. 

My offensive numbers are 15 HR  16 Rs 16 RBIs 12 OBP  16 OPS 10 SB 

pitching numbers are  1 Ks 2 ERA 3 WHIP 3 QS  16 SVs 3 HDs 

I haven’t clicked on accept ... I am having second thoughts about losin JD but damnit I have no chance if I don’t make a move to try to shore up my pitching. I definitely understand the risks in Lynn and any pitcher not named Verlander. 

My starters are ( don’t laugh) Kluber, Mikolis, Matz, Perez, Fries & Kikuchi 

Edited by shakestreet

Does the league know that you are shopping JD?

Perhaps you make it known, and I bet a better offer comes through...

Just a thought

• Like 1

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

Well no doubt Sherlock. In a vacuum I have to agree. But damnit other things must be considered and honestly we need to think outside the box on this situation.  My offensive is super while my pitching is lost. 

Have you ever played in a rotisserie league? This is not one of those kiddie H2H league. 

My offensive numbers are 15 HR  16 Rs 16 RBIs 12 OBP  16 OPS 10 SB 

pitching numbers are  1 Ks 2 ERA 3 WHIP 3 QS  16 SVs 3 HDs 

I haven’t clicked on accept ... I am having second thoughts about losin JD but damnit I have no chance if I don’t make a move to try to shore up my pitching. I definitely understand the risks in Lynn and any pitcher not named Verlander. 

My starters are ( don’t laugh) Kluber, Mikolis, Matz, Perez, Fries & Kikuchi 

I exclusively play Roto, H2H is indeed amateurish. I would honestly prefer to stream then trade JDM for that return. Can you not get someone elite for him? You should shoot high.

• Like 1

YUCK....very bad deal for you gary

send out a leaguewide email saying you are shopping JD...this is not a deal you should make

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Thenewwildone8 said:

I exclusively play Roto, H2H is indeed amateurish. I would honestly prefer to stream then trade JDM for that return. Can you not get someone elite for him? You should shoot high.

What makes H2H amateurish?

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Well the trade analyzer is only going to analyze in a vac, so I'm not sure what else you'd expect to learn from that. 

The consensus here is one way for a reason. I absolutely would not make this deal, not for Stras and trash. I'd speculate pitching adds, I'd try to get multiple guys who are worse than Stras but still very solid. I'd roll the dice. 

I mean, I'd rather go after something like Mancini and Giolito or something. Even that is weak, and you are rolling the dice on Giolito = or > Stras here on out. Risky proposition, sure, but one that can really pay off. 

It sounds like you need to take a risk here. The trade you are making is one, to an extent, but I think you should chase a sell high guy whom you think can keep it up. Or  real buy low guy. Stras is neither. He also has thrown 150+ IP one time in the previous 4 years, twice 130 or less. He's at 84 already. 

Boyd, Morton, Minor, Wheeler, Caleb Smith, Nola, Flaherty, Eduardo Rodriguez, Plesac, Montas, Giolito, etc. Maybe you can score 2 of those guys and a nice OF bat to mitigate your losses there (unless you have somethign to plug in off the bench, which I doubt). 

In a 16 teamer it will be hard to find a team with depth at pitching, but I know it's out there. My 18 team league with 40 man rosters has a couple teams with those kind of guys who they can move without getting pitching back. 

I just find it hard to believe that (essentially) Stras is your best offer for JDM. There is no way I'd want any part of Lynn coming back though. 

And there's nothing kiddie-ish about H2H leagues. I play both, and the H2H is absolutely more fun over the course of the season. By week 14 many teams in roto know they're out of it, so they either a) stop checking their team (redraft leagues) or b) over react in keeper/dynasty by selling off nice in season assets for future lottery tickets. Yes, both happen in H2H too, but in H2H where X teams make the playoffs, more teams are in it for more of the season, and there's value in them taking down a top dog and affecting the playoff outcomes. 

Edited by sngehl01
  • Like 1

48 minutes ago, sngehl01 said:

It sounds like you need to take a risk here. The trade you are making is one, to an extent, but I think you should chase a sell high guy whom you think can keep it up. Or  real buy low guy. Stras is neither. He also has thrown 150+ IP one time in the previous 4 years, twice 130 or less. He's at 84 already. 

I really need to make some kind of move. My team is in 5th at the moment. 15+ points behind 4th, 20+ behind 3rd...

great info on innings .. thank you for pointing that out. 

51 minutes ago, sngehl01 said:

Boyd, Morton, Minor, Wheeler, Caleb Smith, Nola, Flaherty, Eduardo Rodriguez, Plesac, Montas, Giolito, etc. Maybe you can score 2 of those guys and a nice OF bat to mitigate your losses there (unless you have somethign to plug in off the bench, which I doubt). 

It looks like I could get a one of Hendricks/ Grienke and either Folty, Fried or Sonny. What is your thought on those three? 

Bench Frazier, Cooper or Profar 

56 minutes ago, sngehl01 said:

And there's nothing kiddie-ish about H2H leagues. I play both, and the H2H is absolutely more fun over the course of the season. By week 14 many teams in roto know they're out of it, so they either a) stop checking their team (redraft leagues) or b) over react in keeper/dynasty by selling off nice in season assets for future lottery tickets. Yes, both happen in H2H too, but in H2H where X teams make the playoffs, more teams are in it for more of the season, and there's value in them taking down a top dog and affecting the playoff outcomes. 

Honestly I like H2H better and rather play that format. lol 

you are correct H2H owners are more involved throughout the course of the season. 

i always thought rotisserie was boooooooooooooooooring. 

Posted (edited)

That trade analyzer has never seemed useful to me. Like right now it would have me trading away Trea Turner for Enrique Hernandez simply because Trea has been out injured for 6 weeks. 

I like looking at the completed trades topic here or yahoo's trade market to see what trades have been successfully made for certain players. I feel that way gives an idea on how people value players for trade. 

Edited by Heroebal

21 hours ago, sngehl01 said:

Would you take the risk instead of Lynn it is Hill? 

Stras & Hill for JDM

5 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Would you take the risk instead of Lynn it is Hill? 

Stras & Hill for JDM

No, those are the wrong risks. 

I don't take risks on guys with significant injury issues staying healthy. I take more risks on young guys who are unproven staying at a high level. You'll see that trend with the names I listed, I believe they are either 1) someone who was valued before the year, and someone I think will turn it around but are doing bad currently, 2) on the DL but due back soon, or 3) someone who wasn't highly value before the year but is performing at a high level, like giolito. 

Honestly, Strasburg + something very risky is an easy no go for me. I'd need another top 30 arm with Strasburg for JDM. 

In response to your other comment:

It looks like I could get a one of Hendricks/ Grienke and either Folty, Fried or Sonny. What is your thought on those three? 

I would much rather do that than what you are getting. Of that group, I'd probably gun for Hendricks and Folty of that group. 

Honestly, though, I think all the deals for JDM are weak here. You are really far behind in the pitching (non saves) totals. 1 guy like Strasburg isn't going to make a HUGE difference over your worst arm I'm betting. 

You have to be able to find a decent arm for a bat < JD. Being that good in offensive #'s should mean you have a few nice low key assets that you can move for a guy like Eduardo Rodriguez or something. 

I traded away JD for Nola and price if that helps you at all. 

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

I traded away JD for Nola and price if that helps you at all. 

That's the kinda deal I'm talking about. There should be good ratios and wins with Price, health is a bit suspect but not THAT suspect for me, and Nola is still a nice piece, even if he doesn't look like Nola right now. 

3 minutes ago, sngehl01 said:

That's the kinda deal I'm talking about. There should be good ratios and wins with Price, health is a bit suspect but not THAT suspect for me, and Nola is still a nice piece, even if he doesn't look like Nola right now. 

Upside with Nola, consistency with price. I thought it was a good deal. I did this right after Nola got beat up by the Padres though and before JD left with back spasms. Might be kind of hard to trade him now?