Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

6/6 - GAME DAY THREAD

Posted (edited)
36 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

Amid all the baseball today let us not forget this is the 75th anniversary of D-Day that saw over 10,000 American soldiers die that day to put a very major nail in Hitler's coffin.  And that back in those days countless MLB players served in the war including the big name stars.

It should be noted that the 10,000 were all casualties, not dead, for all Allied forces on D-Day. The Americans landed at Utah and Omaha and suffered the highest casualties.  The British landed at Gold and Sword. The Canadians landed at Juno.

Long knows that the Foundation’s list isn’t complete, but says that it’s the best figure that we have to date. Of the 4,414 Allied deaths on June 6th, 2,501 were Americans and 1,913 were Allies. If the figure sounds low, Long says, it’s probably because we’re used to seeing estimates of the total number of D-Day casualties, which includes fatalities, the wounded and the missing.

While casualty figures are notoriously difficult to verify—not all wounded soldiers are counted, for example—the accepted estimate is that the Allies suffered 10,000 total casualties on D-Day itself. The highest casualties occurred on Omaha beach, where 2,000 U.S. troops were killed, wounded or went missing; at Sword Beach and Gold Beach, where 2,000 British troops were killed, wounded or went missing; and at Juno beach, where 340 Canadian soldiers were killed and another 574 wounded.

Of course I found an article saying in more detail what I saying. 😑

Props to all those brave men!

Edited by Sternes
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Go Beeks!

Be a good bulk reliever today!

21 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

Go Beeks!

Be a good bulk reliever today!

I've never used them but I have been out of fantasy baseball for a while and just getting back in.  Do you roster him or is it more of a streaming option?

1 minute ago, Sternes said:

I've never used them but I have been out of fantasy baseball for a while and just getting back in.  Do you roster him or is it more of a streaming option?

I've been streaming him as nobody in my league has picked him up in between his appearances, but I can see value in rostering at least one or two of Tampa's bulk relievers if you have the space since they've been successful more often than not and can help a bit in Wins.

• Like 1

Let’s go Yankees 

I am not too worried about those last two loses afterall it is a 162 games season. 

Are people benching Caleb Smith? i don't normally like benching any of my starters but this one worries me.

6 minutes ago, DFWSooner said:

Are people benching Caleb Smith? i don't normally like benching any of my starters but this one worries me.

Well in my 14 team rotisserie I benched him .. I am over on GS limit. 

While in my H2H league he is in starting lineup.

• Like 1

Just now, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Folty is horrible. 

I concur

4 minutes ago, Fuzzy_Slippers said:

Folty is horrible. 

He was so good last year. I think he just came back to soon. He needs an IL stint 

I am a bit biased as a Cards fan, but Dakota Hudson keeps hanging around in Yahoo on the FA list.  He has just been really solid for the better part of several starts of recent history.

1 minute ago, crotchcrickets said:

i see mediocre to bad wheeler has shown up today

He doesn’t look to bad, Brandon belt just caught a mistake 400 feet is all 🙃

1 minute ago, Ryansm11 said:

He doesn’t look to bad, Brandon belt just caught a mistake 400 feet is all 🙃

70 pitches thru 4 against one of the worst offenses in the league

33 minutes ago, crotchcrickets said:

i see mediocre to bad wheeler has shown up today

I cant believe he gave up home run to pablo the fat panda.Wheeler serves up way too many pitches down the plate

9 minutes ago, Dontrelle Willis said:

I cant believe he gave up home run to pablo the fat panda.Wheeler serves up way too many pitches down the plate

that fat panda guy is sporting an OPS north of .900 this year

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
19 minutes ago, Dontrelle Willis said:

Yeah, he usually just leaves it middle middle and hope the pure stuff helps him escape. His FB is elite but secondary pitches are very hittable when he serves them on a plate (often). The prob is that he has subpar command so if he tries to paint the corners he will walk the park, so I bet they decided to tell him to just throw it down the middle and let the raw stuff take care of itself.

Not ace material. I relied too much on expert rankings this year for the draft.

Edited by papasmurf
  • Like 1

Moustakas with a big solo shot against Caleb. 

Smith owners getting ready to cry.

Hang in there Dakota.  61 PC through 4.  His WHIP has been his bugaboo from time to time.  1.5 today.