Sign in to follow this  
jnormy

Heliot Ramos, CF, Giants

Time for a thread on this guy. Any love for the 19-year-old Giants OF prospect? He's got an OPS north of 1 in Advanced A ball, with a .300+ BA and 7 HRs in 96 ABs -- .371 average in his last 10.

Youngster is already a top 100 prospect on most of the big lists (MLB, BA, Law) and has that power-speed combo that tends to make fantasy players drool. I know I for one am keeping an eye on his progress...

Finally a thread. He's got a 185 wRC+ as a 19 year old in A+. Easy top 100 prospect. 

• Like 1

How is this forum not on top of this guy?  As toolsy as anyone in the minors and putting up a solid year so far.  K’s are still an issue, but he’s at least taking walks now.  Feel like he’s gonna fly up some mid season rankings and will be scooped up everywhere.  Thoughts?

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, BackyardBaseball said:

How is this forum not on top of this guy?  As toolsy as anyone in the minors and putting up a solid year so far.  K’s are still an issue, but he’s at least taking walks now.  Feel like he’s gonna fly up some mid season rankings and will be scooped up everywhere.  Thoughts?

Really want to hear better comps. I've heard Haniger out there, which to me feels like nothing special, especially in ATT.  I have a share of him, so I'm hoping he kinda explodes statistical wise and I can flip him for something good.  Not sure though.  

One underrated thing is he might be a lot closer to the majors than people think. Killing A+ means AA should be this year and from there the majors is never far off and the Giants happen to have 0 good future OFers in the majors and are rebuilding

Edited by brockpapersizer

On 6/27/2019 at 10:09 AM, brockpapersizer said:

Really want to hear better comps. I've heard Haniger out there, which to me feels like nothing special, especially in ATT.  I have a share of him, so I'm hoping he kinda explodes statistical wise and I can flip him for something good.  Not sure though.  

One underrated thing is he might be a lot closer to the majors than people think. Killing A+ means AA should be this year and from there the majors is never far off and the Giants happen to have 0 good future OFers in the majors and are rebuilding

Haniger??  Not sure where that comes from.  Pretty sure Ramos has some wheels and tons of raw power.  Haniger has always been a good plate discipline guy over toolsy guy.  Ramos on the other hand has discipline problems but is over loaded with raw talent.

George Springer is the comp that comes to mind for me

47 minutes ago, BackyardBaseball said:

Haniger??  Not sure where that comes from.  Pretty sure Ramos has some wheels and tons of raw power.  Haniger has always been a good plate discipline guy over toolsy guy.  Ramos on the other hand has discipline problems but is over loaded with raw talent.

George Springer is the comp that comes to mind for me

Wasn't my comp forgot where I read it, but also Haniger has very good power.

You guys like Ramos more than Canario? I think Canario might be the superior SF OF prospect even though I do like Heliot a bunch 

On 6/27/2019 at 10:09 AM, brockpapersizer said:

Reminds me a bit of Cespedes. Not sure if that's good or bad. 

4 hours ago, BxBOMBERs28 said:

You guys like Ramos more than Canario? I think Canario might be the superior SF OF prospect even though I do like Heliot a bunch 

It's possible Canario is better, but Ramos is on the verge of a promotion to AA and potentially on path to being in the majors next year if he hits at this rate.  Canario hasn't played in Low A yet.  Lot of guys put up interesting numbers in rookie ball and do nothing. So yeah, it's certainly possible Canario has more upside, but Ramos is a lot more proven and closer to the majors.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Should be interesting to see if he can keep hitting moving up a big jump. A 19 year old in AA is nice.

He's only been in AA for a little bit, but has really turned it on for the past week or two. Could be up in the majors as a 20 year old. Certainly not as good as a prospect as Vlad/Wander Franco, but thats the same age they made it up, and Ramos is mostly advancing because of his hitting and power. 

• Like 1