Flyman75

Go Zero RB strategy this year?

12-team, 1/2 PPR, keep 3 (rounds attached -1), start QB, 2 WR, 2 RB, 2 FL, TE, K, Def. 

I have never done the zero RB strategy, but I am considering it this year. I posted a little about this in the Zero RB Strategy thread, but I thought I'd get some feedback from my RW brethren. 

Because we can trade for draft picks, I have the 2nd and 3rd picks overall in our draft this year. I also have the 13th, 26th, 47th, 50th, and 61st overall (not including keepers). My keepers going in are going to be Nick Chubb (6th rd, 71st), Derrius Guice (7th rd 74th), Pat Mahomes (10th rd, 119th). 

Due to keepers, the top 5 RBs who will be available are: Zeke, Gurley, DJ, DFreeman, and Jacobs (or Montgomery). The guy with the first overall pick could keep DAdams as a 1st rd keeper, but there's no way he passes on Zeke. So with the 2nd and 3rd picks, that would leave me looking at Gurley, DJ, Freeman, Jacobs, or Montgomery. FYI, rookies selected in the first three rounds automatically become 4th rd keepers the next year if their owner keeps them. The top WRs available will be Julio, DAdams, JuJu, and Brown. It's possible that Nuk and Evans will be available, too, but doubtful because their owners have the 11th and 12th picks in the first round. It's also possible OBJ will be available...his owner will have to decide between OBJ in the 2nd and Lindsay in the 5th. 

So with all that info, would you guys implement a Zero RB and pick Julio and Adams with the 2nd and 3rd overall picks? If JuJu is there by the 13th overall, take him, too?

Or should I just take two RBs (DJ and Gurley or DJ and Jacobs)? Or should I take DJ and a WR, then BPA at pick 13? 

What do you guys think? 

I would take DJ and whichever wideout you like best. For me it would be TY but he isnt on your list. I think Adams off your list.

• Like 1

TY might be available, but I don't like him better than Julio-Adams-JuJu-AB. Thanks for the perspective :)

If you have Chubb/guice I’d probably snag Adams/juju. Then go with RBs with your next pick/picks

3 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

So with all that info, would you guys implement a Zero RB and pick Julio and Adams with the 2nd and 3rd overall picks? If JuJu is there by the 13th overall, take him, too?

Or should I just take two RBs (DJ and Gurley or DJ and Jacobs)? Or should I take DJ and a WR, then BPA at pick 13? 

Given that you already have Guice and Chubb, I like the first strategy better. Like you I'm not an RB0 fan, but this just makes sense.

You have no viable WR keeper?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Boudewijn said:

Given that you already have Guice and Chubb, I like the first strategy better. Like you I'm not an RB0 fan, but this just makes sense.

You have no viable WR keeper?

No, I have no viable WR keeper. 

If I go Zero RB, I better nail my RB selections and be active on the wire. I like Chubb and Guice, especially at their prices, but I'm not uber-confident in the numbers they'll produce this year. But like you said, it just seems to make sense this year. 

• Like 1

No way! Draft two stud RB's to anchor you're backfield. There are way too many WR's this year you can draft some later on. 

18 hours ago, Flyman75 said:

take DJ and a WR, then BPA at pick 13

This, with the WR being Adams.