• Haha 2

Must be his defense is finally ready.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, terminator10 said:

About time 

any idea on what position he plays and if this is temporary or permanent 

Should be permanent unless he struggles. Expect him to dh about half the time, play left field the rest. He might also see occasional starts at 1b against righties if he proves competent  since Gurriel can’t seem to hit them.

Edited by meh2

Huh. I was expecting Tucker first but hey I'll take it. Guys a monster. 

4xg9ukyvimr21.gif

• Haha 1

I added him. not expecting much this season. (go ahead and laugh)

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

Huh. I was expecting Tucker first but hey I'll take it. Guys a monster. 

4xg9ukyvimr21.gif

whats the difference between the 2?

3 hours ago, meh2 said:

Must be his defense is finally ready.

gold glove here we come

5 minutes ago, Kramjam24 said:

whats the difference between the 2?

Tucker: better pedigree, better speed, better defense, on fire recently. Fizzled in his last, brief shot in the majors but still a top prospect and young.

Alvarez: didn't come out if nowhere but dominated out of nowhere, batter tool and power have seemed to evolve this year to a potentially elite level albeit in a small sample, probably the best hitter in the minors this year, no natural position in the majors due to defensive issues (probably over blown but still present), not a zero speed guy but not a prominent part of his game, not quite as dominant in the most recent months but also getting pitched around a lot recently. 

A real "pick your poison" situation. Wouldn't be shocked if either really turned out better than the other from a fantasy stand point. Always been a sucker for the hot new thing though so if course I'm #TeamYordan.

• Like 2

I thought it would be Tucker too, he's already on the 40 man roster, and what was just said above ^

Funny how some of these guys are deemed ready defensively right around super 2. It’s like it almost happened over night. Amazing. 

• Like 3

I’m hoping he plays first enough to get the eligibility there as well. Either way I’m pumped, been stashing this dude for months.

• Like 2

Offensively, this guy is and will be better than Tucker. But I agree that it was a toss up on who was called up first. Tucker has been on fire lately. Alvarez has been pitched around. 23 HRs this year in AAA. But Tucker is right there too with 20.

36 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

Tucker: better pedigree, better speed, better defense, on fire recently. Fizzled in his last, brief shot in the majors but still a top prospect and young.

Alvarez: didn't come out if nowhere but dominated out of nowhere, batter tool and power have seemed to evolve this year to a potentially elite level albeit in a small sample, probably the best hitter in the minors this year, no natural position in the majors due to defensive issues (probably over blown but still present), not a zero speed guy but not a prominent part of his game, not quite as dominant in the most recent months but also getting pitched around a lot recently. 

A real "pick your poison" situation. Wouldn't be shocked if either really turned out better than the other from a fantasy stand point. Always been a sucker for the hot new thing though so if course I'm #TeamYordan.

Alvarez' story seems to have a lot of parallels with Soto from last year. Here's hoping those similarities carry into the MLB.

• Like 2

Well, things just got fun again.  It'd been a pretty disappointing season as a whole, but hopefully this will be something special to sit back and enjoy.