kwelch

Yordan Alvarez 2019 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2019 season will be locked on 2019-11-28. Please finish any 2019 discussions here, and take any 2020 outlook discussions to the 2020 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

2 hours ago, AlwayzRight said:

Why is Yordan’s thread not on the front page every day? ABSOLUTE MONSTER

Still no steals.

On 8/13/2019 at 11:18 AM, dkrocka said:

You can talk all you want, just be mindful that pretty much everyone in the lineup had 3 hits that day against the Orioles. I'll return around around Sept 20ish and I'll either admit I was wrong or laugh at every single one of you that are gauging top30+ on 100-170 at bats

This is aging nicely... 

• Like 2

I mean all you literally have to do is watch him play 1 game and you can tell he is a special talent. Such a graceful easy swing, but with massive power.... TO ALL FIELDS.  He can sustain a high average due to the fact he can place the ball wherever he wants and will be immune to the shift. He’s going to have similar seasons as JD Martinez’s season last year.... quite possibly better.

7 minutes ago, bjvance5 said:

I mean all you literally have to do is watch him play 1 game and you can tell he is a special talent. Such a graceful easy swing, but with massive power.... TO ALL FIELDS.  He can sustain a high average due to the fact he can place the ball wherever he wants and will be immune to the shift. He’s going to have similar seasons as JD Martinez’s season last year.... quite possibly better.

I think it's still too early to predict he will surpass 43/130 while batting .330 in his sophomore campaign, but he sure is off to a hell of a start. I wouldn't expect it right away, but wouldn't doubt that he will get there. 

7 minutes ago, MSkibisky said:

I think it's still too early to predict he will surpass 43/130 while batting .330 in his sophomore campaign, but he sure is off to a hell of a start. I wouldn't expect it right away, but wouldn't doubt that he will get there. 

I may have gotten a little ahead of myself...The 330 BA will be hard to attain you’re right... but I see no problem with the 43 and 130 .. especially with the Stros current lineup.

1 minute ago, bjvance5 said:

I may have gotten a little ahead of myself...The 330 BA will be hard to attain you’re right... but I see no problem with the 43 and 130 .. especially with the Stros current lineup.

Hey, you never know. Who would have thought that Michael Brantley posts a career high in BA this year

• Like 1

I checked his past 10 games before last night. 3/27 with 3 doubles. I will do the same thing on September 20. Because that's the window I was referring to.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, dkrocka said:

I checked his past 10 games before last night. 3/27 with 3 doubles. I will do the same thing on September 20. Because that's the window I was referring to.

You might wanna consider another source for your stats, because in the last 7 days, he's hitting .353, with 3 Hr's, 6 rbi's, and 6 runs scored.  

Edited by Fuzzy_Slippers
Removed vituperation.
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, bjvance5 said:

He started in LF today with Brantley at DH.

1 game away from clinching OF/LF eligibility in leagues where you need 10 appearances. 

• Like 2

On 8/29/2019 at 2:28 PM, Goatstain3 said:

You might wanna consider another source for your stats, because in the last 7 days, he's hitting .353, with 3 Hr's, 6 rbi's, and 6 runs scored.  

I used game log from the day before I posted. If he heated up since then it's not on me. I already referenced the time you should have looked rather than lazily hitting last ten days a couple games later.

1 hour ago, dkrocka said:

I used game log from the day before I posted. If he heated up since then it's not on me. I already referenced the time you should have looked rather than lazily hitting last ten days a couple games later.

From 8/17-8/27 (the time period you're referencing here), Yordan was 8/30 with a .267 average. In that span, he had four doubles, four homers, eight runs, seven walks and ten RBI. His OBP during those ten days was .395, with a wOBA of .452. His slugging percentage was .800, and his OPS was 1.195. His ISO was .533, and his wRC+ was 192. Oh, and his BABIP was .235.

Whatever you're trying to accomplish in this thread, you're doing a terrible job of it. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Macgregor said:

From 8/17-8/27 (the time period you're referencing here), Yordan was 8/30 with a .267 average. In that span, he had four doubles, four homers, eight runs, seven walks and ten RBI. His OBP during those ten days was .395, with a wOBA of .452. His slugging percentage was .800, and his OPS was 1.195. His ISO was .533, and his wRC+ was 192. Oh, and his BABIP was .235.

Whatever you're trying to accomplish in this thread, you're doing a terrible job of it. 

Exactly.  Sure, his average has dropped, but obviously he wasn't going to continue to hit .355.  Also, he hasn't really slumped like you mentioned.

It's as if the person at least periodically checks his stats and hopes that he's fallen on his face so he can come in here and say "Haha, I told you so".  Sorry not sorry to say, it's not looking good for him getting that opportunity.  Some might think I'm kidding, but I'm not.

• Like 1

On 8/31/2019 at 1:51 PM, Macgregor said:

My stats are correct from 8/18 through 8/25. It was a week's worth of games, not 10. That is my error.

Moreover, his last ten games: 8/35 2 home runs with 10 runs and 6 rbi's. A far cry from 2nd/3rd round material. Let's see what he does over the next 3 weeks.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, dkrocka said:

My stats are correct from 8/18 through 8/25. It was a week's worth of games, not 10. That is my error. But no need to be a douche about it.

Moreover, his last ten games: 8/35 2 home runs with 10 runs and 6 rbi's. A far cry from 2nd/3rd round material. Let's see what he does over the next 3 weeks.

Wtf? You couldn't even count the number of games correctly in your first try, and now you're trying to use a 10 game sample as an argument that he's "a far cry from 2nd/3rd round material"? 

What exactly are you trying to accomplish? 

5 hours ago, dkrocka said:

My stats are correct from 8/18 through 8/25. It was a week's worth of games, not 10. That is my error.

You do realize if you pro rate those stats that’s a 160 run/32hr/96rbi season, right? 

Never mind the fact a 10 game sample size is tiny and every player will have dry spells, especially rookies. And even in yordan’s dry spell he’s pacing 260 runs/rbis, idk if any manager would want those kind of stats from their slumping slugger...

• Like 2

If I go in Yahoo and hit last 14 days in a standard league on Sept 20th, and he's not ranked top 100. You, yes, you would have won a trade asking for top 75. This timeframe that's he's in right now is a very common adjustment period and it happens to be playoffs for fantasy. Good luck.

• Haha 1

We get it.  You continue to hope Alvarez falls on his face so you can say "I told you so".  All you are doing is baiting arguments.  That's enough.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, dkrocka said:

If I go in Yahoo and hit last 14 days in a standard league on Sept 20th, and he's not ranked top 100. You, yes, you would have won a trade asking for top 75. This timeframe that's he's in right now is a very common adjustment period and it happens to be playoffs for fantasy. Good luck.

This isn’t the child’s sport that fantasy football is and frankly, it shouldn’t be looked at as a weekly game. That’s your issue. Even Mike Trout has off weeks. 

Yordan has been nothing short of spectacular. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, dkrocka said:

Crickets this week. Haha I told you so is a reasonable response for the mockery in this thread.

True, he hasn't been very good this week, but you are basically asking for it when he does good because you are literally sitting there hoping he does bad just so you can say I told you so.  You are doing this in regards to a player that is obviously good, so it's not like I can feel bad about you getting mocked.  It'd be different if he was a mediocre/bad hitter in the minors and then got called up and had a great couple of weeks out of nowhere.  Take it to PMs if you must.

4 hours ago, MartinRiggs1 said:

ahem yesterday 

Yeah, that was some game and performance by Yordan.

Still, please don't bait dkrocka.  Trying to keep it down to a minimum.

• Thanks 1

There's a difference between rooting for someone to fail and understanding that scouting books at the major league level take about two months to go into effect.

And yes weekly stats are rather important in H2H especially in September.