kwelch

Yordan Alvarez 2019 Outlook

48 minutes ago, Overlord said:

While extra eligiblity is ALWAYS a plus, I'm going to need you to explain a bit more why this would have been "huge."  Now, being DH-only would have been absolutely huge, but Yordan will have OF eligibility for the foreseeable future.  Does 1B really add that much?  

1B is thinner than it used to be, but I don't think it's THAT thin ... it's not like we're talking about MI or C here ...

In daily leagues, every position helps. Helps to be able to shuffle the lineup and fill all the spots for the off days. Also, my league requires a bench bat in every position too. That makes multi position players who are good, great.

• Like 1

2-4 with a walk and his 6th HR. What's a realistic ROS on this guy?

6 minutes ago, einstein2u said:

.270 w 25 hmers

.270 w 25 hmers 50 walks and a bucketful of ribbies and runs...

8 minutes ago, BIGFLY4MIKETROUT said:

what are the chances he gets sent back down once Springer is healthy?

The lineup looks crowded!!

Tyler White could juice himself up and maybe do it.  Unlikely still, but I'd say the chance of Yordan getting sent down is about as much as I have of marrying Jennifer Lawrence...

• Haha 1

That at bat tonight really showcased how good of a hitter he is. Was able to lay off a couple of close sliders and then crank one out. Good eye and massive power. Hell of a combination.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KilloWertz said:

Tyler White could juice himself up and maybe do it.  Unlikely still, but I'd say the chance of Yordan getting sent down is about as much as I have of marrying Jennifer Lawrence...

So, Lawrence hitting well and scoring a few runs!

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, BMcP said:

So, Lawrence hitting well and scoring a few runs!

You never know.  Maybe Jennifer has baseball talent we don't know about.

Edited by KilloWertz
  • Thanks 1

In all seriousness, he looks like the genuine article - seeing pitches well, fouling pitchers’ pitches off to stay alive, and having the patience to wait for his pitch.  He should be a joy to own.

• Like 2

The other night he got called out on strikes against Chapman to end the game after a long AB and 3-2 count. He stood there, stared out at Chapman for a few seconds (fellow Cuban mate), almost as if to say “You got me this time, but next time it’s going to be over the fence.” I wouldn’t bet against this guy. 

Alvarez is now the first player in MLB history to have seven home runs and 16 RBI in his first 12 games.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, nlm said:

He was worth the wait.

Kinda, sorta.

Really looking forward to finally getting to sit down and watch actual full games of him hit when they play against the Pirates starting on Tuesday.

• Confused 3

Obviously this ridiculous pace slows down a bit, but with Vlad Jr. struggling and Eloy not exactly lighting the world on fire, what are the odds on Alvarez winning ROTY at this point? I'd be curious.

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, nlm said:

Obviously this ridiculous pace slows down a bit, but with Vlad Jr. struggling and Eloy not exactly lighting the world on fire, what are the odds on Alvarez winning ROTY at this point? I'd be curious.

69.420%

Edited by Overlord
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, nlm said:

lot can change in half a season with rookies (see Acuna last year).  But yeah as of right now he's as much of the AL front-runner as he possibly could be in 12 games.

very impressive. who would contend with him? Brandon Lowe? he should be the front runner in the AL right now.

He's front-runner at this point imo. Let's see if he can keep it going.

7 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Kinda, sorta.

Really looking forward to finally getting to sit down and watch actual full games of him hit when they play against the Pirates starting on Tuesday.

Found Keith Law’s account ...

• Haha 2