kwelch

Yordan Alvarez 2019 Outlook

20 hours ago, aMediumPace said:

Probably no way he can win ROY unless he works on his defense. 

😂

Yeah defense is the first thing they look for in ROY candidates

• Like 2

He's gotta be in top 5 ROY as we speak, even though he's only been up a couple of weeks.

Posted (edited)

Yordan has equaled Joey Votto's home run total already, but he's still 3 behind in the RBI column. 

Slacker.

Edited by Overlord
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Unfortunately Yordan isn't in the lineup tonight.

;)

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Unfortunately Yordan isn't in the lineup tonight.

;)

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

hopefully he sees the field at least a little bit this year otherwise he will only be good for the UTL spot which will limit some of his appeal and hurt roster flexibility

3 hours ago, Panthor said:

hopefully he sees the field at least a little bit this year otherwise he will only be good for the UTL spot which will limit some of his appeal and hurt roster flexibility

They have a 2 game series in Colorado coming up at the beginning of July, so that should be at least 1 more there.  I have a hard time believing they will sit him in both games even though Springer is back.  Then they have another 3 game series in St. Louis near the end of the month, so that should be a couple more there.  He already has 2 from their series last week in Cincinnatti, so the interleague series should get him enough starts to help him retain the OF eligibility for next season.

Posted (edited)

That’s 7 total starts in OF best case scenario with interleague games. Going to need 20 to retain LF eligibility for next season. Needs to start 13 more somehow.

Edited by bjvance5

13 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

They have a 2 game series in Colorado coming up at the beginning of July, so that should be at least 1 more there.  I have a hard time believing they will sit him in both games even though Springer is back.  Then they have another 3 game series in St. Louis near the end of the month, so that should be a couple more there.  He already has 2 from their series last week in Cincinnatti, so the interleague series should get him enough starts to help him retain the OF eligibility for next season.

Did you just say Yordong gets to play in coors next week? Where is that Southpark randy at the computer meme. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bjvance5 said:

That’s 7 total starts in OF best case scenario with interleague games. Going to need 20 to retain LF eligibility for next season. Needs to start 13 more somehow.

It could happen I suppose, but that's a bit high for eligibility requirements, so in a way if it doesn't happen it's mainly because of the ridiculously high eligibility requirements.

Still, while he may not have it for you to start the season, I could see him getting enough during next season to regain it since he'll be up all season.  With him being a part of the team from the start, I can see them giving him the occasional start in the OF.  Maybe not quite as often as what Boston does with J.D., but still a similar scenario.

Edited by KilloWertz

1 hour ago, zingzing said:

Did you just say Yordong gets to play in coors next week? Where is that Southpark randy at the computer meme. 

Forgot to put this in my other post, but anyways, yes indeed.  Even if he only plays in one of the two games, that's a drool worthy scenario.  I'll let somebody else do the work for the meme though. 😀

Yordan left today's game with left knee discomfort.... Hopefully he is okay. He fouled a ball of his knee on Tuesday.

It is being described as precautionary by Hinch, but he said Yordan may get a day or two off.

• Thanks 4

there goes my week. glad it's not anything "new" or worse.

6 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

Any word if he’s starting? 

Lineups aren't out yet since they don't start for a little over 4 hours.  Should know within an hour or so...

Sitting again tonight.  Hopefully he's back in there tomorrow.

Tough lefty matchup as well. I'm glad he's sitting tonight. Rest up brother. See ya tomorrow

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, RBI Sports said:

Tough lefty matchup as well. I'm glad he's sitting tonight. Rest up brother. See ya tomorrow

A lefty with a 5.11 ERA isn't tough, and he handles lefties just as well as righties.  Kikuchi has been a major bust.  It's not exactly a great thing he's sitting tonight at all, but in the end, what matters is that his knee injury isn't anything that will hold him out for long.

Edited by KilloWertz

6 minutes ago, KilloWertz said:

A lefty with a 5.11 ERA isn't tough, and he handles lefties just as well as righties.  Kikuchi has been a major bust.  It's not exactly a great thing he's sitting tonight at all, but in the end, what matters is that his knee injury isn't anything that will hold him out for long.

I know he hits lefties....just thinking that might be the thought process here. I didn't realize he has been so bad though. 

15 career games and they’re already intentionally walking him. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, Sonny_D said:

15 career games and they’re already intentionally walking him. 

ThAts insane.  Although he has to get better protection than Todd White.  I’m thinking it’ll usually be Brantley or Correa.  Hitting cleanup as a 21 year old in baseballs best lineup is nuts.

Edited by Cesare13

Don’t shoot the messenger...

• Sad 1