Sign in to follow this  
DonaldsDucks

Big 6 Player Deal (WHIR)

Hey guys, was just offered a pretty big trade and was wondering what you all think. I think the value is on my side, but giving up the upside of Henry is scary. Do I still do it?

Give: Henry, Njoku, Tate

Get: Ertz, Ingram, Kupp

10 team yahoo standard (0.5 PPR)

Team Now:

QB: Brady

WR (x2): Julio, K. Allen

RB (x2): M. Gordon, Henry

FLEX: A. Jones

TE: Njoku

BE: Edleman, Guice, Watkins, Tate, Hunt, Sanders, K. Harry

Team After:

RB (x2): M. Gordon, A. Jones

FLEX: Edleman

TE: Ertz

BE: Ingram, Guice, Watkins, Kupp, Hunt, Sanders, K. Harry

So what are your thoughts? Thanks.

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, DonaldsDucks said:

So

- you gain on TE (huge)

- You lose on RB (a bit less)

- You gain on WR  (somewhat debatable)

I think the TEs and RBs are fairly clear, but it depends a bit on how you view Kupp vs Tate. I think you might be getting a lot of advantage there, but WR is already your strength. BTW in my mind Kupp clearly would go into the flex over Edelman.

In a vacuum, I'd take it. However, with RB being your weakness, I think you should negotiate further, because this might weaken you on RB. You have Guice, so it's not all bad (he might be a lot more valuable than Jones), but it's a risk you need to consider.

Edited by Boudewijn
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, DonaldsDucks said:

Hey guys, was just offered a pretty big trade and was wondering what you all think. I think the value is on my side, but giving up the upside of Henry is scary. Do I still do it?

10 team yahoo standard (0.5 PPR)

Team Now:

RB (x2): M. Gordon, Henry

FLEX: A. Jones

TE: Njoku

BE: Edleman, Guice, Watkins, Tate, Hunt, Sanders, K. Harry

Team After:

RB (x2): M. Gordon, A. Jones

FLEX: Edleman

TE: Ertz

BE: Ingram, Guice, Watkins, Kupp, Hunt, Sanders, K. Harry

So what are your thoughts? Thanks.

if this is dynasty, i like the deal, though there are some nuances to address.

i wouldn't worry about losing derrick henry and his enormous upside (and it is giant-sized) because your bench is young and can take the hit: i don't see guice in full swing this season with AP hanging around, but long-term between guice's great work ethic, hunt's potential, and sanders' talent, that is a young and talented backfield on your bench (i'm assuming that's miles sanders and not emmanuel).

too much competition for njoku at this point, though his athleticism will have him rising with baker in years to come. ertz is also rising with wentz, and i wouldn't worry about goedert: ertz is super talented and has the chemistry; he's older, but he's also been outstanding health-wise.

i love tate's talent, and he might be golden in PPR this year (tough to say), but 3rd generation kupp is the better dynasty get. btw, i disagree with our compatriot @Boudewijn regarding kupp over edelman in the FLEX, even in the half-PPR. edelman is a great hold for this coming year while new england figures out their passing attack without gronk; brady is due for positive regression as well. watkins may also be the man in the FLEX, i.e. when hill is out for suspension and watkins is healthy / on the field. i'd also suggest trading watkins to the hill owner as your WR depth is plenty.

not really a fan of ingram in dynasty / keepers here. i like his talent, like the offense he's on, but the ravens are stockpiling capable RBs at this point, and that's a dig on ingram's longevity in the offense. still, i'd make the trade (and maybe couple ingram with watkins for one solid player in return). hope this helps.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Def make that deal you're getting nice upgrades for the TE/RB/WR areas. You totally come out the winner here! 

• Thanks 1

On 6/11/2019 at 12:01 PM, Boudewijn said:

So

- you gain on TE (huge)

- You lose on RB (a bit less)

- You gain on WR  (somewhat debatable)

I think the TEs and RBs are fairly clear, but it depends a bit on how you view Kupp vs Tate. I think you might be getting a lot of advantage there, but WR is already your strength. BTW in my mind Kupp clearly would go into the flex over Edelman.

In a vacuum, I'd take it. However, with RB being your weakness, I think you should negotiate further, because this might weaken you on RB. You have Guice, so it's not all bad (he might be a lot more valuable than Jones), but it's a risk you need to consider.

Not sure he wins huge at TE. Njoku is 6 years younger.