Sign in to follow this  
AirForceOne

Dynasty: Kyler Murray or Lamar Jackson?

Just curious who everyone has ranked higher.
Both have lots of incredible talent, high upside, solid weapons, but a whole lot of question marks.

Who would you rather have, and why? 

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, AirForceOne said:

Just curious who everyone has ranked higher.
Both have lots of incredible talent, high upside, solid weapons, but a whole lot of question marks.

Who would you rather have, and why? 

Wow, really fun questions recently. 

I haven't seen anything yet that makes me want Jackson. From Kyler Murray on the other hand, we haven't seen anything yet in the NFL. I think things are stacked against him in terms of team and coach, but I am old enough to know how often I'm wrong :) so I would take the chance on him.

That's a negative reasoning, which is not really my style, but I think it's the best way to describe it.

To clarify, both seem excellent guys, with some great skills. But not necessarily all the skills they would need in the NFL, and their team situations aren't really helping.

Edited by Boudewijn

Neither will be a starting QB down the road. Option C

I think Jackson, despite leaving much to be desired in the passing game, has the higher ceiling. He and Josh Allen could set a new precedent for rushing numbers from QBs. Murray, on the other hand, has a much longer leash as a #1 overall pick, so there may be less risk involved. Overall I'd take Jackson but a case could be made for Murray if you're a believer that he could produce on the pro level. 

Murray due to having far better weapons in the likes of Fitz, Kirk, DJ to name a few.