mmcc1029

Starting a dynasty league

Posted (edited)

Just looking for general opinions here. My 15 year long main league is branching off and starting a 2 qb dynasty league. The league is very split on what type of draft we should hold, auction vs snake (but with 3rd round reversal example #1 pick would get picks #1 #24 #36 instead of 24/25) Do you guys think there is a right or wrong way to go about this. Rosters are gonna be 25 spots deep so there's concern auction will take forever. Thanks!! 

Edited by mmcc1029

5 hours ago, mmcc1029 said:

Just looking for general opinions here. My 15 year long main league is branching off and starting a 2 qb dynasty league. The league is very split on what type of draft we should hold, auction vs snake (but with 3rd round reversal example #1 pick would get picks #1 #24 #36 instead of 24/25) Do you guys think there is a right or wrong way to go about this. Rosters are gonna be 25 spots deep so there's concern auction will take forever. Thanks!! 

Auction would indeed take forever but there's ways to fix that. Was it @Dreams And Dwightmares who told last year about an auction league where you take the first 8-10 rounds in Auction and then follow up online in redraft, or some other way to keep it interesting? It made total sense to me for long drafts.

7 hours ago, Boudewijn said:

Auction would indeed take forever but there's ways to fix that. Was it @Dreams And Dwightmares who told last year about an auction league where you take the first 8-10 rounds in Auction and then follow up online in redraft, or some other way to keep it interesting? It made total sense to me for long drafts.

Yeah. We did first 14 rounds like a normal auction draft than we did final 3 picks in a Free Agent Frenzy. 

I set the time for a mutually agreed upon and voted time. I think Tuesday night at 800 PM and then hit the "begin season" button exactly at 800 PM. 

There was something like 30 moves done in 4 minutes. It was pretty funny and everyone enjoyed it. 

We also shaved 1 hour off the draft. 

• Like 1

On 6/12/2019 at 8:36 PM, mmcc1029 said:

Should take about the same time if people have done an auction before.