Fuzzy_Slippers

6/14 - GAME DAY THREAD

Go Snell!  Go Richards!  Go Giolito!

Sorry, gotta root against Heaney, but it's even since I have Richards. 😀

My Pivetta and Plutko against his Scherzer Cole & Hendricks... I feel confident. 

Just posted to the Bench Coach section as well:

If you need stolen bases and are on ESPN, you can add Harrison Bader today. He got 2 SB yesterday. Since the game was suspended, his stats will carry over to today until the game is finalized.  If you roster him, those 2 SB will be added to your stats. You can drop him later if you choose. I don't have a drop and I am struggling with the ethical side of things but this is an option if you don't care about all that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Come on Max, show us you are one of the best ever....like Nolan Ryan did.........ha! they don't make 'em like they used to ;)

• Like 4

1 hour ago, SpartyinFoCo said:

If you need stolen bases and are on ESPN, you can add Harrison Bader today. He got 2 SB yesterday. Since the game was suspended, his stats will carry over to today until the game is finalized.  If you roster him, those 2 SB will be added to your stats. You can drop him later if you choose. I don't have a drop and I am struggling with the ethical side of things but this is an option if you don't care about all that.

This really would work on yahoo?

Not that I don't believe you but I haven't been able to confirm this through Google/Twitter etc. You're sure?

I'm not really sure that this works in ESPN.  I believe it only gives statistical credit retroactively to the day when it was first played so you would have needed to have Bader in your lineup yesterday, and any other stats he accrues in the completed game today will be applied to yesterday.  Last year when Juan Soto hit the HR in the conclusion of the suspended game from earlier in the year (prior to when he was even on the team), owners didn't get any credit for that HR unless they had him in their starting lineup on the day when the game was first started (which would have been highly unlikely since he was in the minors back at that point).

Just now, Baur10 said:

Not that I don't believe you but I haven't been able to confirm this through Google/Twitter etc. You're sure?

It's a loophole. I'm positive it works on ESPN.

• Like 1

zx5fhs3qq0f21.jpg

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Von Hayes said:

I'm not really sure that this works in ESPN.  I believe it only gives statistical credit retroactively to the day when it was first played so you would have needed to have Bader in your lineup yesterday, and any other stats he accrues in the completed game today will be applied to yesterday.  Last year when Juan Soto hit the HR in the conclusion of the suspended game from earlier in the year (prior to when he was even on the team), owners didn't get any credit for that HR unless they had him in their starting lineup on the day when the game was first started (which would have been highly unlikely since he was in the minors back at that point).

Ah, you might be right but if I didn't play Flaherty yesterday. If I plug him in today, I am getting his stats from yesterday. I will leave him in the lineup to see if that works.

20 minutes ago, Von Hayes said:

It doesnt work. Same as soto last year

Posted (edited)

After Homer Bailey shut down the DET juggernaut, I have decided to stream Plutko, a soft tossing flyball pitcher. What could go wrong.

My advance apologies if my smurf magic jinxes any other Plutko dice rollers.

By the way, this dude gave up like 20+ HRs in like 70IP last year hahaha.

Oh man this could be one terrible day.

EDIT: Chickened out. Changed my mind. Team needs ERA and WHIP help. No reason to take this risk. Plutko should do fine for you guys now without my jinx.

Edited by papasmurf

30 minutes ago, papasmurf said:

After Homer Bailey shut down the DET juggernaut, I have decided to stream Plutko, a soft tossing flyball pitcher. What could go wrong.

My advance apologies if my smurf magic jinxes any other Plutko dice rollers.

By the way, this dude gave up like 20+ HRs in like 70IP last year hahaha.

Oh man this could be one terrible day.

EDIT: Chickened out. Changed my mind. Team needs ERA and WHIP help. No reason to take this risk. Plutko should do fine for you guys now without my jinx.

I’m starting plutko... don’t scare me now! 

Posted (edited)

Is there a reason there is no Cards-Mets lineup out yet with 30 minutes to go? Seems really weird. 

Edited by Mexi1024
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mexi1024 said:

Is there a reason there is no Cards-Mets lineup out yet with 30 minutes to go? Seems really weird. 

Think it was because of the suspended game.

Just now, Low and Away said:

Think it was because of the suspended game.

Well s---. Lineups are locking and none of us have any clue who's playing? lol This is gonna kill me. I may be forced to start Biggio over DeJong if I have no idea he's playing. And ofcourse DeJong has killed Matz in his career.

Just now, Mexi1024 said:

Well s---. Lineups are locking and none of us have any clue who's playing? lol This is gonna kill me. I may be forced to start Biggio over DeJong if I have no idea he's playing. And ofcourse DeJong has killed Matz in his career.

Dejong had a day off on 6/10, gotta think he plays.