AirForceOne

Jay Ajayi 2019 Outlook

[...]

I don't love the pickup, but he's probably the best free agent out there and well worth dropping a WR5 that won't help you until we see what shakes out with Howard.

5 minutes ago, Power-O said:

possible...not sure what type of shape he is in...not in football shape so likely would be eased in

I imagine if he was tweeting out to all comers that he was ready to play, that the guy has been training in anticipation of getting a job.

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

1 minute ago, CooL said:

[...]

I don't love the pickup, but he's probably the best free agent out there and well worth dropping a WR5 that won't help you until we see what shakes out with Howard.

I imagine if he was tweeting out to all comers that he was ready to play, that the guy has been training in anticipation of getting a job.

i believe he is in-shape but there is a diff between in-shape and football shape... hopefully he can give us a nice contribution right away

1 minute ago, Power-O said:

i believe he is in-shape but there is a diff between in-shape and football shape... hopefully he can give us a nice contribution right away

^ this right here. 

look no further than MGIII and his first few games back this year vs his last two - Night and muddah fuddah Day 🍻

3 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

^ this right here. 

look no further than MGIII and his first few games back this year vs his last two - Night and muddah fuddah Day 🍻

MGIII is a plodder man lol thats a bad example...better example is chris johnson holdout year or even darrell revis hold out year

Definitely worth a pickup for playoff RB depth in 12 team leagues especially since most waiver wires don't have a pulse at RB. You never know when an injury pops up and you need a decent filler.

2 minutes ago, Power-O said:

MGIII is a plodder man lol thats a bad example...better example is chris johnson holdout year or even darrell revis hold out year

Seriously? Your examples are far worse. 

Ajayi was slower than Gordon coming out of college (4.57 at the combine) and has two bad knees. I doubt he could run a 4.7 with the wind at his back. 

Just now, OrangeAggie said:

Ajayi was slower than Gordon coming out of college (4.57 at the combine) and has two bad knees. I doubt he could run a 4.7 with the wind at his back. 

how does ajayi have to do with my examples of revis and cj2k? I am not saying ajayi is fast...but i hate MG and i think he is overrated and ekeler should be the starter

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, OrangeAggie said:

Ajayi was slower than Gordon coming out of college (4.57 at the combine) and has two bad knees. I doubt he could run a 5.2 with the wind at his back 

fixed. 

13 minutes ago, Power-O said:

MGIII is a plodder man lol thats a bad example...

I seen some crazy things in my life but looking at:

A - 

and B -

And coming away with the impression that the comparison isn't sufficient because A is a "plodder" is up there.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I seen some crazy things in my life but looking at:

A - 

and B -

And coming away with the impression that the comparison isn't sufficient because A is a "plodder" is up there.

are you mocking me? lol seriously he does look ploddy lol ajayi looks better...he looks more elusive...top speed isnt the end all be all metric..

Edited by Power-O

Just now, Power-O said:

are you mocking me? lol seriously he does look ploddy lol ajayi looks better 

I don't know you well enough, but I was mocking that comment.  I legitimately do not understand how you can watch both guys run and come away with that impression. 

It's like I am seeing a red door and a blue door and you are describing the red door as blue.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I don't know you well enough, but I was mocking that comment.  I legitimately do not understand how you can watch both guys run and come away with that impression. 

It's like I am seeing a red door and a blue door and you are describing the red door as blue.

melvin isnt cutting on any of these highlights...the blocks are all perfect for him...he goes straight through what is blocked...his change of direction speed is what makes him a plodder...when you watch ajayi in these clips you can see that he can juke in and out and not lose steam doing so...he looks like the better runner

7 minutes ago, JE7HorseGod said:

ok a hurdle has nothing to do with juking and cutback...at 3:32 (even 4:00) in your ajayi example is an example of what i am talking about...the lane isnt there and ajayi quickly jukes around to find the hole....MG doesnt run like this...

Edited by Power-O

5 minutes ago, Power-O said:

ok a hurdle has nothing to do with juking and cutback...at 3:32 (even 4:00) in your ajayi example is an example of what i am talking about...the lane isnt there and ajayi quickly jukes around to find the hole....MG doesnt run like this...

I don't even know what to say.

I will just have to leave it at "agree to disagree" and bid you adieu sir.

1 minute ago, JE7HorseGod said:

I don't even know what to say.

I will just have to leave it at "agree to disagree" and bid you adieu sir.

thats cool man...at least it went down peacefully lol

Isn't this signing more about losing Sproles for the season, just depth? 

I can't see Howard missing more than week 11...

to be honest im probably dropping him...the more i think about it the more i am like this is going to be a long annoying situation to deal with 

Just now, herschel said:

the lack of responses speaks volumes....

Picked him up for the stretch run

R1fdEt3.gif

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, David Aames said:

Is.howard hurt or something? I dont get it

Google is a helluva thing.

Howard had a stinger and isn't cleared for contact yet even after BYE. But more importantly Sproles is out for the season.

Howard should be back soon limiting Ajayi's value.

1. Howard

2. Sanders

3. Ajayi

He knows the system. He’s unemployed. Don’t let the former name of a guy who once had a good year make you think he’s winning leagues. 

I don’t see it much differently than the Saints signing Zenner when they had injury issues.