AirForceOne

Jay Ajayi 2019 Outlook

1 minute ago, tatddy said:

He knows the system. He’s unemployed. Don’t let the former name of a guy who once had a good year make you think he’s winning leagues. 

I don’t see it much differently than the Saints signing Zenner when they had injury issues. 

So here comes the obligatory “I see somebody beat you to the waiver wire for him, right?”

We don’t know really how things will turn out. It’s certainly happened before with late season league winners. It’s worth the add just to find out, unless you think guys like James Washington and Dare Ogunyabale are going to win you ships. 

33 minutes ago, CooL said:

So here comes the obligatory “I see somebody beat you to the waiver wire for him, right?”

We don’t know really how things will turn out. It’s certainly happened before with late season league winners. It’s worth the add just to find out, unless you think guys like James Washington and Dare Ogunyabale are going to win you ships. 

No not at all. Just putting out some perspective. You have a head coach fundamentally opposed to a lead back and a guy who was just signed with a little more than 1/4 season left. That lead back isn’t as good as Jordan Howard. 

If I was going to pick up JA I’d have done it 2 weeks ago when speculation began. 

Welcome back to the NFL. Please meet the Pats defense. Have fun.

Edited by LongBalls

8 hours ago, LongBalls said:

The Ravens had a fair amount of fun with that defense so why not Ajayi.

Pats ain’t playing the sisters of the poor anymore like they did the first 8 games....and contest is in Philly

• Like 1

Firing him up with Carson on bye and Freeman hurt. Better than starting nobody.

Ajayi couldn't make the cut in Arizona or Detroit, I doubt he's got anything left, he honestly hasn't been good since he had his 200 yard games in Miami

I picked him up, but honestly thinking of dropping him.

I'm not playing him today and Ian Rapp indicating the Howard injury is not long term. Just not sure how much potential value is here.

Wish we knew more about Howard's injury. A "stinger" sounds vague. Curious if there is something more sinister going on. 

Hard pass, too much time away and the other teams who tried him out passed due to being JAG. Bo Scarborough is a much better flier. At least he’s in game shape and not on the decline.

11 hours ago, LongBalls said:

Pats pass defense is elite. Their run defense is good but nothing special. 11th in rush yards per game given up while the only decent offense they've seen in the Ravens hung over 200 on em. 

I still doubt Ajayi does much of anything regardless, but still.

2 hours ago, ponchsox said:

Firing him up with Carson on bye and Freeman hurt. Better than starting nobody.

My wild card is Kenjon Barner 

Edited by shakestreet

11 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

My wild card is Kenjon Barner 

Boston Scott will probably out touch JA. 

12 hours ago, Krambone said:

Boston Scott will probably out touch JA. 

Called it ^^^

I feel for stupid Ian Rapoport's "Ajayi is going to see touches" and Jamey Eisenberg's "Sounds like Ajayi is going to have a big role".  There were reports that they were going to use Sanders as a receiver, leaving the running to Ajayi and Boston Scott.  At the very least I thought Ajayi would get red zone work.  Did he even leave the bench?  Not that I saw.

I'm wondering if he's even worth a hold.  Howard, Sanders, Ajayi, and Boston Scott.  This is going to be a mess. 

5 minutes ago, CooL said:

I feel for stupid Ian Rapoport's "Ajayi is going to see touches" and Jamey Eisenberg's "Sounds like Ajayi is going to have a big role".  There were reports that they were going to use Sanders as a receiver, leaving the running to Ajayi and Boston Scott.  At the very least I thought Ajayi would get red zone work.  Did he even leave the bench?  Not that I saw.

I'm wondering if he's even worth a hold.  Howard, Sanders, Ajayi, and Boston Scott.  This is going to be a mess. 

Nope

Another week and more Ajayi talk. What kind of work do we expect in week 12? Hearing he will have a notable role

Amazing schedule coming up. What's his role..is he basically a handcuff going forward?

Edited by Jordan23

And Jordan Howard is OUT, in a blowout of Miami potentially?