Sign in to follow this  
Fuzzy_Slippers

6/15 - GAME DAY THREAD

Strep throat and the umpire took one in the nuts.  I have no dog in this fight, but if I did, it sounds like the dumb mutt probably would have ate his homework.

The strep throat is valid, they sent him home for a few days.  But I got to think they send him back out there because the bullpen sucks.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Luke Jackson coming in to blow another one run save.  

Jackson has converted 10/15 saves. 

Edited by weakkneeswilly

The response is always either:

a) waaahhhh he got taken out at only 100 pitches!

or

b) waaahhhh he should've been taken out, he was already at 100 pitches!

Just now, cs3 said:

The response is always either:

a) waaahhhh he got taken out at only 100 pitches!

or

b) waaahhhh he should've been taken out, he was already at 100 pitches!

Exactly. And why do the managers never know the right time to do either or? 😂 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, tonywow said:

Man that Alonso HR was a thunderous blast. He looks like he barely has move to launch one, what a beast.

This guy is running away with NL ROY honors.

• Like 1

Jackson gives up 2 runs without recording an out. Also makes a huge throwing error. This guy flat out sucks. 

Now Jackson has blown 6/16 chances. 

Marquez you are no longer on my team. Bye

Hector Neris is nasty. 

Take notes Luke. 

This one had to hurt for the Braves.  They’d have to be certifiable to give Luke Jackson another shot in the 9th inning.

9 minutes ago, Tommy Lee Jones said:

Man, who the hell knows.  Swarzak might get the next opportunity based on usage tonight.

I think they have to give Swarzak a shot starting ASAP. 

Posted (edited)

All I see for Luke Jackson is a 0 ERA.  Were these runs unearned then?  I mean it doesn't look like some huge blow-up.

Is this legit or another one of these over reations in the daily game thread.  I mean I came in earlier to read Shane Bieber was horrible then I looked at his stats (don't own him) and saw he went 7.2 innings with a 2.35 ERA, 0.65 WHIP and struck out 12 batters, lol.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

13 minutes ago, weakkneeswilly said:

Jackson gives up 2 runs without recording an out. Also makes a huge throwing error. This guy flat out sucks. 

Now Jackson has blown 6/16 chances. 

1 minute ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

All I see for Luke Jackson is a 0 ERA.  Was these runs unearned then?  I mean it doesn't look like some huge blow-up.

Is this legit or another one of these over reations in the daily game thread.  I mean I came in earlier to read Shane Bieber was horrible then I looked at his stats (don't own him) and saw he went 7.2 innings with a 2.35 ERA, 0.65 WHIP and struck out 12 batters, lol.

1 ER 2 hits.

Jackson's own throwing E on the bunt caused him the game. Woulda been just a tie if he didn't muck the throw.

Whatever the case, Luke inspires zero confidence in the 9th inning and I am done.  He’s been a monster on paper, but it doesn’t translate.  

18 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Marquez you are no longer on my team. Bye

I had so much hope after last year.  There's no way you can start him at home for a while

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, beauso79 said:

I had so much hope after last year.  There's no way you can start him at home for a while

Sad. Maybe July August will be kind to him again. Won’t be on my team tho. 

In his defense, I remember he's been hurt by some groundballs finding holes. A few more of those find gloves and his numbers look a lot better. Still has a 4+ GB/FB ratio.

One game sticks out in my mind. The ATL manager elected to pitch to Panik in a situation where a single beats you and Panik pulled one through the hole into right field. That's a game that ATL probably woulda won if they walked Panik and faced some strikeout prone dude behind him. I think it was Vogt.

• Thanks 1