LoGo

Isan Diaz - SS Mia

8 hours ago, hoops886 said:

What is the reason for him not being rated higher on prospect lists?

There's always some discussion about this because some people value certain attributes more highly than others. General consensus is he's roughly a top 100-150 guy which is pretty darn good. 

In terms of fantasy, his bat absolutely plays. Some strike out headaches to deal with, but kid is a hitter. Has proved to have power at every level, no just the PCL boost. 

Just trade Castro for a bag of baseballs.  Heck, go even cheaper and just ask for a case of bottled water.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Just trade Castro for a bag of baseballs.  Heck, go even cheaper and just ask for a case of bottled water.

From what I've seen, Miami is likely going to eat most of his contract to ship him and, like you said, they shouldn't be expecting much in return to begin with. If no trade partners surface, it's possible that they could just release him since they're probably going to eat the money anyway.

No rush to call him up.  Not like he wasn’t one of the headliners for some guy in Milwaukee pacing for a 50 HR 35 SB season.  Good job Miami, show that patience with your .560 OPS, slug 🐌 of a second basemen.  Teams are lining up.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ho hum, another day another singer for Diaz. 

3 hours ago, LoGo said:

Ho hum, another day another singer for Diaz. 

I know he's having a fine season, but he continues to bed singers wherever he goes? 😉

• Haha 4

19 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

I know he's having a fine season, but he continues to bed singers wherever he goes? 😉

Probably sopranos... 

Not quite the news we were hoping for, but news nonetheless. 

spacer.png

• Thanks 2

The likes of Granderson/Walker/Castro have done their job as placeholders but it's time to move on.   

With the acquisition of Jazz Chisholm, safe to assume Diaz is now firmly locked into 2b long term? 

1 hour ago, LoGo said:

With the acquisition of Jazz Chisholm, safe to assume Diaz is now firmly locked into 2b long term? 

He should succeed Castro any day now 

2 hours ago, tekashi26ix said:

He should succeed Castro any day now 

Hopefully.  Castro not being traded could push that back to any week now, as I would have fully expected Diaz to be up on Friday if Castro was dealt.  Hopefully it's still sooner rather than later though.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, The_Real_Deal said:

Being called up. Here we go.

Kid has a chance to be plugged into the heart of the lineup in short order. Really interested to see how Donny Baseball uses him the ROS (both offensively and defensively). 

6 minutes ago, einstein2u said:

so who is a comparable pro?

The first player who came to mind for me was Rickie Weeks. A bit more pop, a bit less speed, but I think they're pretty similar.

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, Tryptamine said:

The first player who came to mind for me was Rickie Weeks. A bit more pop, a bit less speed, but I think they're pretty similar.

If that's true hopefull he be less likely to get hit by a pitch every other game and have his career ruined by Wrist injuries.

1 hour ago, einstein2u said:

so who is a comparable pro?

I see some Devers in his swing, maybe Brantley the way he stays on pitches with authority. His HRs are not usually majestic shots, more missiles that leave in a hurry.

What is the corresponding move?  Castro still has one more year?  Is he up to start for good or just getting a taste with 8 games this week?

9 minutes ago, svdude said:

What is the corresponding move?  Castro still has one more year?  Is he up to start for good or just getting a taste with 8 games this week?

Castro shouldn't even figure into what happens regarding Diaz.' he has been nothing short of terrible.

3 hours ago, Tryptamine said:

Please be better since be bombed.  Please be better... 😉