The 7th Beatles

Anthony Davis 2019-2020 Outlook

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

Enjoy the one year rental. Lebrun got his help.

Just tell us where will AD land in the summer of 2020 since it looks that u can predict the future.. 

Edited by x_Nemesis_x

This will be their best year/only shot without KD or Klay in a Warriors uniform.

12 minutes ago, jstep13 said:

Enjoy the one year rental. Lebrun got his help. 

Cool so AD will stay in LA for one year to sign with who? the Utah Jazz???

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Cool so AD will stay in LA for one year to sign with who? the Utah Jazz???

Yeah that was also my point...Maybe he will feel frustrated playing together with Lebron (that LeBron's haters are dreaming 😋) and return back to NOLA in order to play together with Zion 😂

Edited by x_Nemesis_x
  • Haha 1

So, Lakers starter are AD, LeBron, Kuzma, KCP and Rondo?  Barely better (are they?) than Warriors  :)   Very little left to make another trade

What's interesting is that I said they should accept Magic Johnson's best offer bc they realistically wouldn't offered better and they would end up with a similar deal in the offseason.  There's a real human cost to dragging it out and if you aren't going to do much better then sooner is better than later.  Most people thought that was dumb.  Well sometimes things don't get better, they get worse...A few things facilitated this trade:

1) News that Kyrie was leaving broke early and Boston never put Tatum on the block like most thought they would;

2) Both the Lakers and Pels pick ended up better than expected; 

3) Magic Johnson left which meant his deal was no longer on the table but there was still a pressure to get the deal done.

Compared to the previous trade the Pelicans lost Kuzma but gained a pick.  Funny bc I heard that the Pels really wanted Kuzma but Lakers stuck to their guns.  If the Pels accepted the previous offer they would have Kuzma and saved themselves a few months of drama.

• Like 2

All that needs to happen now is Kawhi going to the Clippers.

Lakers superteam vs the superteam slayer in Kawhi & the Clippers. LA vs LA rivalry finally. The King vs MJ-lite. I love the NBA.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

What's interesting is that I said they should accept Magic Johnson's best offer bc they realistically wouldn't offered better and they would end up with a similar deal in the offseason.  There's a real human cost to dragging it out and if you aren't going to do much better then sooner is better than later.  Most people thought that was dumb.  Well sometimes things don't get better, they get worse...A few things facilitated this trade:

1) News that Kyrie was leaving broke early and Boston never put Tatum on the block like most thought they would;

2) Both the Lakers and Pels pick ended up better than expected; 

3) Magic Johnson left which meant his deal was no longer on the table but there was still a pressure to get the deal done.

Compared to the previous trade the Pelicans lost Kuzma but gained a pick.  Funny bc I heard that the Pels really wanted Kuzma but Lakers stuck to their guns.  If the Pels accepted the previous offer they would have Kuzma and saved themselves a few months of drama.

Without knowing who gets 1st pick you don't trade AD. Pels were smart to wait.  And 4th pick this year plus two other first rounders are worth much more than Kuzma. Ruined fantasy seasons are part of another conversation 

• Like 1

Just now, Gile Pile said:

Without knowing who gets 1st pick you don't trade AD. Pels were smart to wait.  And 4th pick this year plus two other first rounders are worth much more than Kuzma. Ruined fantasy seasons are part of another conversation  

Those first rounders were included in the original deal.  Two of them at least.  I've heard from Gallagher that the Pels don't consider the 4th pick to be particularly in this shallow draft and they would rather have Kuzma.  There were negotiations and they caved.  They caved bc Boston dropped out of the picture after Kyrie decided not to stay, which was always foreseeable.  I clearly remember people on the forums writing they "guarantee" Boston will offer a better deal.  😂😂  The Pels took a deal they considered worse than the original.  At best they took a deal similar to the original which is what I was saying all along.   

• Like 1

What’s done is done. The question now is how quickly does Lebran and LA media turn on mr. glass when he gets his questionable to return tag every game? That’s gonna get old real quick 

34 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

So, Lakers starter are AD, LeBron, Kuzma, KCP and Rondo?  Barely better (are they?) than Warriors  :)   Very little left to make another trade

Yes too little .. just $30M left to spend on FAs.. 😂

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

KCP and Rondo are free agents right now and the Lakers have a ton of money to spend with a good free agency market. What are you talking about?

• Like 3

They need starting PG, SG and C (my guess is AD does not want to play C. $70 mil in salaries for five players under contract for next season. 

If they go with minimum roster size (13) that leaves around $40 mil to spend on eight free agents (salary cap is expected to be around $109 mil). GSW and all other contenders will also compete for ring chasing veterans. LAL team will be very top heavy next year.  We all know how it worked for Warriors this year. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

They need starting PG, SG and C (my guess is AD does not want to play C. $70 mil in salaries for five players under contract for next season. 

If they go with minimum roster size (13) that leaves around $40 mil to spend on eight free agents (salary cap is expected to be around $109 mil). GSW and all other contenders will also compete for ring chasing veterans. LAL team will be very top heavy next year.  We all know how it worked for Warriors this year. 

Agreed.  With the only exception being that the Lakers are now linked to Kemba.   It looks as if their "Big Three" will be Kemba, Lebron, and AD.  The rest will be fillers on veteran min chasing a title ala the Lebron Heat/Cavs.

If I’m the Lakers and I want to shore up the bench and be a decent contender, you go after Ariza and maybe Cousins, re-sign McGee and rondo, Get Pat Bev and call it a day with whoever else afterwards. Signing Kemba or Butler to an already stacked team just ensures your bench will be weak like Miami’s team and like the Warriors team this year when they had to rely on McKinnie, Livingston and Cook.

Posted (edited)

Not sure how the Lakers are going to swing getting Kemba unless it is a sign and trade and they go over the cap and pay the luxury tax.  I doubt they can offer Cousins what he wants. It is great to have two superstars on your team but one is aging and the other fragile and you have minimal depth behind them.  Talk about putting all of your eggs in one basket.

That said, I completely understand why they are focused on now.  It is just scary knowing that they are mortgaging 7 plus years into the future for the "possibility" of a championship next year.

Edited by mbroo5880i
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, mbroo5880i said:

Not sure how the Lakers are going to swing getting Kemba unless it is a sign and trade and they go over the cap and pay the luxury tax.  I doubt they can offer Cousins what he wants. It is great to have two superstars on your team but one is aging and the other fragile and you have minimal depth behind them.  Talk about putting all of your eggs in one basket.

That said, I completely understand why they are focused on now.  It is just scary knowing that they are mortgaging 7 plus years into the future for the "possibility" of a championship next year.

Because next year is the Warriors off year. No Klay, No KD. So it’s a free window to the finals in the West. The Rockets are in disarray and the thunder underachieve, so your only concern is if Kawhi stays in Toronto.

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Because next year is the Warriors off year. No Klay, No KD. So it’s a free window to the finals in the West. The Rockets are in disarray and the thunder underachieve, so your only concern is if Kawhi stays in Toronto.

Yeah, I understand their strategy and don't disagree with it.  It is just a finals or bust scenario.  I wouldn't bet against LeBron..

Edited by mbroo5880i

24/12/3 with 1 three, 2.5 blocks, 1.5 steals.  53%/81%/ 2 TO.  I don't expect much to change, maybe he will be more efficient, and be slightly more of an outside shooter.    

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

If I’m the Lakers and I want to shore up the bench and be a decent contender, you go after Ariza and maybe Cousins, re-sign McGee and rondo, Get Pat Bev and call it a day with whoever else afterwards. Signing Kemba or Butler to an already stacked team just ensures your bench will be weak like Miami’s team and like the Warriors team this year when they had to rely on McKinnie, Livingston and Cook.

In the playoffs, most teams get by on a 7-8 man rotation. Toronto just won the Finals with a 8 man rotation.

C - AD

PF - Kuzma

SF - Bron

SG - Wesley Matthews (vet min)

PG - Kemba (max)

Bench:

G - Darren Collison (room exception)

G/F - Wayne Ellington (vet min)

C - JaVale McGee (vet min)

Give me the 3rd max guy and some vet mins (Best believe there will be people wanting to playing with Bron & AD) over Cousins/Ariza/Rondo

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

No thanks on Kemba if I'm them. He never moved my needle though so opinions may vary.

Sign either Brogdon or Danny Green ( I prefer Danny ) along with Patrick Beverly. About as solid as you can get as far as 3 & D complementary players. Then figure out the rest of the depth.

Edited by Trench Mob
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

No thanks on Kemba if I'm them. He never moved my needle though so opinions may vary.

Sign either Brogdon or Danny Green ( I prefer Danny ) along with Patrick Beverly. About as solid as you can get as far as 3 & D complementary players. Then figure out the rest of the depth.

Brogdon , Danny or Beverley will not be cheap

Edited by Gile Pile
  • Like 2