The 7th Beatles

Anthony Davis 2019-2020 Outlook

4 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

LAL team will be very top heavy next year.  We all know how it worked for Warriors this year. 

I can't remember, can you remind me again? 

• Like 1

well organized by the NBA to maximize ratings, rivalries and stories. they wait until after the warriors run is probably done and build another "super team" the NBA has more story writers than the WWE.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

I can't remember, can you remind me again? 

We are the champions!!!!

Kawhi is the king!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

In the playoffs, most teams get by on a 7-8 man rotation. Toronto just won the Finals with a 8 man rotation.

C - AD

PF - Kuzma

SF - Bron

SG - Wesley Matthews (vet min)

PG - Kemba (max)

Bench:

G - Darren Collison (room exception)

G/F - Wayne Ellington (vet min)

C - JaVale McGee (vet min)

Give me the 3rd max guy and some vet mins (Best believe there will be people wanting to playing with Bron & AD) over Cousins/Ariza/Rondo

True for playoffs.  In regular season with all the injuries and load management NBA champions Toronto Raptors (it feels good to type this) often went 10 deep. You need deep bench if you want to compete 

37 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

True for playoffs.  In regular season with all the injuries and load management NBA champions Toronto Raptors (it feels good to type this) often went 10 deep. You need deep bench if you want to compete 

The beauty of the Raptors is they went 8 deep without losing anything.  That's the key.  The worst player in their rotation was FVF who was great in the finals.  Anyone can claim to be 8 or 10 deep, but when you can actually say truthfully you TRUST your 8th guy...that's potent.    

While I like the lineup he listed regarding the Lakers, and think that's about the best they can do, good luck if you're running out Wes Matthews as a starter in 2019-2020, he barely cracked the top 200.  I suppose it doesn't matter too much as SG is the most interchangeable position.  I'd much prefer Ellington over Matthews, but don't think he will play for the min.  Neither will McGee after his strong showing last season.  Remains to be seen what Collison would be willing to do but I think it's very optimistic to think he'd play for what the Lakers can offer.  I think the only realistic part is they sign Kemba (maybe) and trot out the barely rosterable Matthews as their starting SG.   

Interesting news regarding the Lakers salary cap space. Sounds like the deal will be completed on July 6. July 6 is definitely the best time to complete the deal for the Pels, as they get an extra 4-5 million in cap space (not that it probably matters for them), and their draft pick from the Lakers gets to play in SL for NO. Waiting until July 30 to complete the deal wips off the extra few million in salary cap space and doesn't allow the Pels' draft pick to play in SL (he would still be a member of the Lakers, who would hold him out from playing obviously). I can't see the Lakers FO, even as incompetent as they have been at times, overlooking these salary cap details and screwing themselves out of a max FA. I wonder if there is an agreement in place to where if the Lakers get a max guy to sign on, the deal gets pushed back until July 30 and maybe the Lakers add another 2nd rounder or something. The current outlook is that the Lakers won't get a max guy to sign with them, but getting that extra 9 million to fill out the roster would be huge. Doesn't sound like AD will waive his trade kicker either, which is very weird to hear considering he wanted to be a Laker and I'm guessing would like them to have as good of a team as possible. Will be interesting to see if any more details leak out and what happens if the Lakers are able to convince a max FA to sign if there's cap room after this deal.

Posted (edited)

If both teams wait until July 30 to complete the deal, and AD waives his trade kicker, the Lakers have around 32.5 million to spend in FA, enough for a max free agent or to get a few quality depth pieces.

If the deal is completed July 6, and AD waives his trade kicker, they have over 27 million to spend. Not enough for a max FA, but still a good amount to fill the roster. 

And then of course if AD doesn't waive his trade kicker and the deal is done July 6, the Lakers are looking at 23 million I believe. 9 million dollar difference between the 1st scenario. Pretty huge as it is the difference between signing a max FA and filling out the roster with quality depth. The Lakers will need every dollar they can get.

Edited by RedRaider27
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

The beauty of the Raptors is they went 8 deep without losing anything.  That's the key.  The worst player in their rotation was FVF who was great in the finals.  Anyone can claim to be 8 or 10 deep, but when you can actually say truthfully you TRUST your 8th guy...that's potent.    

FVV>Norm

FVV>D. Green

FVV = GOAT...(well in finals close out games...I❤️FVV)

16 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

I can't see the Lakers FO, even as incompetent as they have been at times, overlooking these salary cap details and screwing themselves out of a max FA.

LBJ doesn't really understand Salary caps that well yet I don't think...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jake the snake said:

FVV>Norm

FVV>D. Green

FVV = GOAT...(well in finals close out games...I❤️FVV)

LBJ doesn't really understand Salary caps that well yet I don't think...

Ha! But seriously though, I'm thinking there's gotta be some sort of agreement between the two teams regarding the deal. Otherwise that's a HUGE blunder by the Lakers.

6 minutes ago, RedRaider27 said:

Ha! But seriously though, I'm thinking there's gotta be some sort of agreement between the two teams regarding the deal. Otherwise that's a HUGE blunder by the Lakers.

This is nothing compared to last trade deadline

11 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

10 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

While I like the lineup he listed regarding the Lakers, and think that's about the best they can do, good luck if you're running out Wes Matthews as a starter in 2019-2020, he barely cracked the top 200.  I suppose it doesn't matter too much as SG is the most interchangeable position.  I'd much prefer Ellington over Matthews, but don't think he will play for the min.  Neither will McGee after his strong showing last season.  Remains to be seen what Collison would be willing to do but I think it's very optimistic to think he'd play for what the Lakers can offer.  I think the only realistic part is they sign Kemba (maybe) and trot out the barely rosterable Matthews as their starting SG.   

Could also look something like:

C - AD

PF - Kuzma

SF - Bron

SG - Jimmy Butler (max)

PG - Darren Collison (room exception...could possibly get more...but he's also 32, and went to UCLA, so a starting gig on a contender near his hometown could be appealing)

Bench:

PG - Derrick Rose/Jeremy Lin - (vet min)

SG/SF - James Ennis (vet min)

SG/SF - Wes Matthews (vet min)

SF/PF - Jared Dudley (vet min)

PF/C - Mo Wagner

Guys that could get more than the min, but might ring chase: Taj Gibson, Demarre Carroll, 

There will also be vets they can add during the season via buyouts, like we saw this year with several guys (Jeremy Lin, Austin Rivers, Kenneth Faried, Tyson Chandler, Wes Matthews, Wayne Ellington, etc.)

Putting together a competent bench around that big 3 isn't as difficult as one would think. But Pelinka will have to show he's learned from last year's mistake and actually bring in role players that can shoot the 3.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, PaddyAustralia said:

Bruz, if Butler signs to the Lakers that team would break records for most complaints and problems in a season. 3 big ego players cant play on the same team haha

It's been done before. And there wouldn't be a lot of complaining when they win 60 games.

Butler isn’t who this team needs.  Well, not who this team needs taking up a max slot. If we would take less than that, absolutely.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2019 at 10:25 PM, Auction>Snake said:

Playing with the GOAT will only increase his value.

Let’s ignore the GOAT comment (lol) and focus on AD’s value in this thread. This move will hurt AD’s fantasy value. 

Kevin Love was a 26 pt/12.5 Rb player in his age 25 season. Joined LeBron in Cleveland and was 16.4/9.7 the following season. 

Much like Davis, Love was a “glass” big who was putting up big numbers as the premiere guy on a bad team. 

AD is better than Love, no doubt. But I’m betting that his overall numbers drop (maybe 22/10).

1 hour ago, Backdoor Slider said:

Let’s ignore the GOAT comment (lol) and focus on AD’s value in this thread. This move will hurt AD’s fantasy value. 

Kevin Love was a 26 pt/12.5 Rb player in his age 25 season. Joined LeBron in Cleveland and was 16.4/9.7 the following season. 

Much like Davis, Love was a “glass” big who was putting up big numbers as the premiere guy on a bad team. 

AD is better than Love, no doubt. But I’m betting that his overall numbers drop (maybe 22/10).

I've added LBJ to "do not draft in top 10" list. If Lakers add 3rd star (Buttler, Kemba...) I am adding AD to "do not draft in top 5" list.

Third star means no bench and heavy minutes for starters.  It looks like ideal fantasy scenario, but it is too much risk for my taste  on AD part

If  Lakers use cap space to add depth, AD is back in conversation as top five pick.

For next year, I would rather have Giannis, Harden or Curry than  AD

1 hour ago, Backdoor Slider said:

I agree that his scoring might drop, but I think that will be marginal.  His rebounds and stocks shouldn't drop, if anything they could go up bc the Lakers front court is even more thin than the Pels.  Stocks were his best category and rebounds his second best.  Scoring was third so I don't expect him to fall outside the top 3.  It will be interest to see how his efficiency is impact. He might shoot more threes with Lebron in the paint but he might be more efficient with LeBron taking the brunt of the defense.  I expect: 24/12/3; 2.5/1.5/1; 53/81/2.   

• Like 2

AD stats wont be affected much...he played along side boogie for a while and his averages we're for the most part the same...he actually saw his efficiency improve. I think more of the same will happen here on the Lakers. Probably his points may drop 1 or 2 ppg but that's all i see really being affected. Klove went from being the #1 on a crappy Wolves team to the #3 on a championship team that had prime Lebron and an over zealous Kyrie. I think the Lakers trading away their young core and future picks for AD solidifies him as the centerpiece for the Lakers outside of Lebron...meaning that whatever 3rd max player or complimentary pieces...will be just that...complimentary pieces to the center piece Anthony Davis.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

Delusional and sexist. Which contract is unrealistic? Lol...so you really think your precious Lakers are going to sign Butler for the $23M or $27M or whatever is left (Davis and the Pels ain't giving the Lakers what they want), AND you're going to fit DC into a "room exception", AND Rose AND Lin AND Matthews AND Jared Dudley AND James Ennis AND probably Taj AND Carroll. Which contract was unrealistic you ask? I'd say most likely nearly ALL of those you listed...On a vet min I'll give you maybe Lin and maybe Ennis. Matthews went to Pacers to showcase for his next deal. No way Rose is going for a Vet min in his last chance at a contract and after having a huge bounce back. Dudley loved it at the nets and likes guiding youth. Carroll will look for money. Taj may, but it's just as likely he goes to another contender or goes for more money too and DC isn't signing with the Lakers, most likely reups with the pacers that have treated him right and have a good squad. Dream all you like, but that's all it is. This trade is most likely going to turn out as bad if not worse than the Celtics Nets trade. The lakers have zero future...once again!

Or you know, like reports have stated, the trade can be delayed until July 30th, allowing the Lakers to have 32.5 mil in cap space and add a third max player.

Educate yourself.

And now you're being disingenuous, because my original post didn't state Taj and Carroll were coming on top of the veterans I already listed. I mentioned that they could be options depending on what their priorities were.

It's laughable to mock my post, then turn around and make just as many assumptions in your post, thinking you know exactly what these 30+ year old veteran's motives are.

It's clear from your comments "bad if not worse than the Celtics Nets trade" (just lol - Comparing over the hill mid 30's Pierce and KG to in the middle of his prime 26 year old AD) and "the Lakers have zero future" what your agenda is.

Haters gonna hate.

Edited by GriffeySwag
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

Or you know, like reports have stated, the trade can be delayed until July 30th, allowing the Lakers to have 32.5 mil in cap space and add a third max player.

Educate yourself.

And now you're being disingenuous, because my original post didn't state Taj and Carroll were coming on top of the veterans I already listed. I mentioned that they could be options depending on what their priorities were.

It's laughable to mock my post, then turn around and make just as many assumptions in your post, thinking you know exactly what these 30+ year old veteran's motives are.

It's clear from your comments "bad if not worse than the Celtics Nets trade" (just lol - Comparing over the hill mid 30's Pierce and KG to in the middle of his prime 26 year old AD) and "the Lakers have zero future" what your agenda is.

Haters gonna hate.

Why would Pels delay the trade?  Just to be nice to Lakers? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Why would Pels delay the trade?  Just to be nice to Lakers? 

Come on man, educate yourself 🤣

8 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

The funny thing is that when people make comments like this, they don't know who is male or female bc it's the internet.  Some of the most respected posters could be female.  

This can be very true, its just that I think the demographics for fantasy basketball are slanted to over 90% male if I'm not mistaken.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

Could also look something like:

C - AD

PF - Kuzma

SF - Bron

SG - Jimmy Butler (max)

PG - Darren Collison (room exception...could possibly get more...but he's also 32, and went to UCLA, so a starting gig on a contender near his hometown could be appealing)

Bench:

PG - Derrick Rose/Jeremy Lin - (vet min)

SG/SF - James Ennis (vet min)

SG/SF - Wes Matthews (vet min)

SF/PF - Jared Dudley (vet min)

PF/C - Mo Wagner

Guys that could get more than the min, but might ring chase: Taj Gibson, Demarre Carroll, 

There will also be vets they can add during the season via buyouts, like we saw this year with several guys (Jeremy Lin, Austin Rivers, Kenneth Faried, Tyson Chandler, Wes Matthews, Wayne Ellington, etc.)

Putting together a competent bench around that big 3 isn't as difficult as one would think. But Pelinka will have to show he's learned from last year's mistake and actually bring in role players that can shoot the 3.

Ok you forgot one player here - Big Sexy Alex Caruso.  He showed last year in extended playing time to be a fantastic rotational player, and at this point is a better option than Lin and possibly better than Ennis, and he'll be on a super cheap deal.  He basically has earned a spot on this team imo.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, hipriest69 said:

This can be very true, its just that I think the demographics for fantasy basketball are slanted to over 90% male if I'm not mistaken.  

I understand.  But 90% male is still 10% female 😜

• Like 2