The 7th Beatles

Anthony Davis 2019-2020 Outlook

Kawhi probably makes the most sense of all the FA's since his and AD's timelines match up. They can keep winning together even after LeBron retires.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Kaboom said:

Kawhi probably makes the most sense of all the FA's since his and AD's timelines match up. They can keep winning together even after LeBron retires.

Seriously right, it'll be great when AD signs with the raptors next season. 

12 hours ago, Kaboom said:

He's also the best FA in the abstract.  Although I'd have concerns about him and LeBron basically playing the same position.  Oh well...I think if you run Kawhi, Lebron, and AD out there then positions don't matter.  You just win.  That would be the best big 3 LeBron has ever had and perhaps the best ever assembled.  LeBron would just play point.

• Like 3

People really want Butler on the Lakers? For what, and Derrick Rose? Didn’t we see Rose with  Lebron in Cleveland last time? That didn’t work well, he is not a shooter. Lakers need decent shooters. If I’m going for anybody to pay close max money to, it better be a Reddick or Middleton. Butler wants the ball in his hands, Lebron wants the ball in his hands, AD wants the ball, then Rose wants the ball in his hands. You need players who work well playing off the ball and can shoot at a decent clip. Lebron finds you open and you hit the shot. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

People really want Butler on the Lakers? For what, and Derrick Rose? Didn’t we see Rose with  Lebron in Cleveland last time? That didn’t work well, he is not a shooter. Lakers need decent shooters. If I’m going for anybody to pay close max money to, it better be a Reddick or Middleton. Butler wants the ball in his hands, Lebron wants the ball in his hands, AD wants the ball, then Rose wants the ball in his hands. You need players who work well playing off the ball and can shoot at a decent clip. Lebron finds you open and you hit the shot. 

This is the best suggestion I've heard. Middleton isn't that great off the dribble, but he is a pretty good shooter. His downfall (apart from struggling to create his own shot, which matters in the playoffs) is being a No. 2 relied on for scoring in the playoffs especially (he's a bit of playoff choker). But Alongside AD and Bron he can do what he excels at, shooting without big defensive presences on him and play pretty good defense (he's a slightly above average wing defender). AND he is actually a realistic target in the price range. Why are people even talking about Kawhi to the Lakers when they simply cannot afford him. Why would he take a discount to play there? Why would the Pelicans do anything to help the Lakers Salary-cap while at the same time hurting their own? Why would Kawhi want to play with two massive usage guys in AD and LBJ when he just proved he is THE BEST PLAYER IN THE WORLD [right now]? It's an absolute fantasy that people are talking about Kawhi to the Lakers and I agree with you @RedDogNamedClippers it's almost as big a fantasy about Butler too, not only for fit - but it means Butler would have to take a big discount too. But hey this is the Lakers who would give up 3 youth players (2 from the lottery and 1 from the 1st round) along a guaranteed 4th pick in this draft, 2 other future 1st (that will look great when this falls apart) that are ridiculously REVERSE PROTECTED (lol...didn't even know that was a thing until now) and just to cap it off another 1st round unprotected pick swap...WOW! That's a mouthful.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

In terms of fantasy value I think ADs is 24 and 10 while playing in his socks. He scores in many different ways and is probably the best in his tier at picking up easy buckets (Lobs, putbacks etc). I actually expect him to be closer to 26 with averages of 26/12/3/1.5stls/2.5blks/0.8 3pts. That probably makes him the best fantasy player next year barring a Godly season from Steph Curry. 

I probably wouldn't take him first based on injury risk and the uncertainty of a new team so thankfully I only run auction drafts.

Edited by FantasyBallFan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I agree but just wanted to point out Rose shot a career high 37% from 3 last year, which is pretty good.  But advanced stats back up your point - he was actually better off the dribble and early in the shot clock (35% catch and shoot vs 38% off dribble, and a ridiculous 58% very early in the shot clock).  The more dribbles he took the better 3 point % he shot.  Basically he shoots the best 3's when he brings the ball up the court and pulls up from 3.  Rose's role would be an offensive initiator off the bench with the 2nd unit.  I'd say around 20 minutes / game, and if he's hot and not injured he could get crunch time minutes too.  I wouldn't sign him because he'll end up missing half the season, not because he's a bad shooter.  

The 3 point increase could end up being an outlier statistically, but we've seen many players add a consistent 3 ball to their game over time.    

13 hours ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Not everyone. Laker fans want Kawhi on the Lakers and the rest of the planet wants anyone except for Kawhi on the Lakers. Butler, Kemba, Kyrie, anyone but Kawhi Leonard. 

10 minutes ago, Kaboom said:

Not everyone. Laker fans want Kawhi on the Lakers and the rest of the planet wants anyone except for Kawhi on the Lakers. Butler, Kemba, Kyrie, anyone but Kawhi Leonard. 

Why not add Durant, Irving, Horford and Vucevic to the list?  Kawhi on the Lakers is as likely as me becoming the next US president (I am a Canadian).

• Haha 3

Lakers attempt to trade for AD in February: "LOL @ the Lakers thinking Lonzo/Ingram/Kuzma/Zubac and picks is enough for a top 5 player in his prime"

Lakers trade for AD: "LOL @ the Lakers for overpaying"

The jealousy from opposing fans is comedy. Keep it coming guys.

5 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

Lakers attempt to trade for AD in February: "LOL @ the Lakers thinking Lonzo/Ingram/Kuzma/Zubac and picks is enough for a top 5 player in his prime"

Lakers trade for AD: "LOL @ the Lakers for overpaying" 

The jealousy from opposing fans is comedy. Keep it coming guys.

Well, I said the Pelicans should accept that deal because they're not getting better in the offseason.  They might get the same, but no better.  Everyone swore up and down *guaranteed* that the Celtics would offer something better.  The deal they got was basically the same, except they got an extra pick instead of Kuzma.  The Pelicans traded that pic away and have said they would have rather had Kuzma.  So they got a worse deal than they would have gotten in February 😂  

10 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

Well, I said the Pelicans should accept that deal because they're not getting better in the offseason.  They might get the same, but no better.  Everyone swore up and down *guaranteed* that the Celtics would offer something better.  The deal they got was basically the same, except they got an extra pick instead of Kuzma.  The Pelicans traded that pic away and have said they would have rather had Kuzma.  So they got a worse deal than they would have gotten in February 😂  

I remember that.. We both said the exact same thing and people laughed at us.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

You’re right.  I know I’m not always right, that’s impossible.  But I am for sure correct more than I’m wrong.  Whereas, the majority of this community is prone to group think.

On 6/22/2019 at 6:48 PM, FantasyBallFan said:

Zion was the main target for NO all the time.
It seems that there is a consensus that Zion is a future franchise player.
NO was loosing AD and it was looking to replace AD with another franchise player.
No way that top level player signs as free agent with NO.
It was smart for NO to wait and see who gets #1 pick in the draft and possibly get Zion in AD trade.

Ingram,  Lonzo and Hart are NOT franchise players.
They are young, solid players and they can become really good.

NO gets Zion for free in the draft. Franchise player acquired.
AD gets traded to Lakers.
AD  is replaced by Zion (draft) and  Ingram, Lonzo, Hart, 4th pick in draft which becomes J. Hayes and N. Alexander-Walker and 2  remaining draft picks

If NO accepts Lakers offer before trade deadline:  
AD  is replaced by Lonzo, Ingram, Hart, Kuzma, veterans, draft picks  (note: NO does not get Zion)

To me, it looks like the best deal is the one that NO got now, not before trade deadline.

On the side note, Lakers literally traded their entire team (except LBJ and Kuzma) to get AD

He will be fine until they start losing games and GM/Coach LeBron starts blaming him

11 hours ago, mhuhn23 said:

He will be fine until they start losing games and GM/Coach LeBron starts blaming him

Even if they don't get Kawhi, isn't a Bron/AD/Kuz trio good enough to win a lot of games? I mean we've seen Bron carry teams by himself and now he gets maybe his best teammate ever (early Miami DWade being the other) and still has Kuz who he likes playing with. Plus I'm sure they will find a couple guys who will fit in. Not a championship level team with just them two IMO, but far from last season. I don't think we see what you're suggesting, unless of course someone gets hurt like they all did last season for LA.

• Like 1

Barring injury or father time Lakers will be fine. AD will be fine. They were 4th seed with momentum before the GOAT's groin injury last season. 

44 minutes ago, Benjamin1984 said:

With probably a lot of drafts this weekend (my big one is Monday) are we doing any moving down at all or no?

Nah. It's probably just an excuse to move him from preseason. 

51 minutes ago, v1n5anity said:

Anthony Day-to-Dayvis is back

In my opinion...one of the best, if not the best forums nickname for a player ever!   😂

• Haha 1