The 7th Beatles

Anthony Davis 2019-2020 Outlook

19 minutes ago, v1n5anity said:

I dont know why people will religiously take AD over KAT. The durability and associated peace of mind is well worth the 1 steal / game difference

(Slight exaggeration but still)

Shams saying the Lakers are calling it a Grade 1 strain.

Edited by Del Rio

1 hour ago, justaguy said:

I dont know why people will religiously take AD over KAT. The durability and associated peace of mind is well worth the 1 steal / game difference

(Slight exaggeration but still)

You forgot the significant difference in Blocks. Steals and blocks are rare categories to find so that has a lot of value. Also next to LeBron, AD could feast and have a career year with higher points than usual. 

However, I agree with your point. If you're worried about AD's health, KAT could be a gamble that pays off.

But if you have the #1, #2, or #3 pick, you can have Steph or Giannis instead.

LOL @ people who said he is a clear #1 compared to Harden and KAT lolzzzz

I have #1 pick on my draft tonight and did not even consider this charmin soft a** dude before the injury

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, crocp said:

LOL @ people who said he is a clear #1 compared to Harden and KAT lolzzzz

I have #1 pick on my draft tonight and did not even consider this charmin soft a** dude before the injury

Who said this? Lol?

For those who didn't live under a rock last season, Harden was far away the best fantasy player. Does every single thing on the stat sheet. Still the consensus #1. 

8 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Who said this? Lol?

For those who didn't live under a rock last season, Harden was far away the best fantasy player. Does every single thing on the stat sheet. Still the consensus #1. 

I'm worried about the Westbrook effect. Also dont want two categories tanked by my top 5 pick (fg% and TOs). KAT or Steph should be 1-2 in H2H 9 cat leagues 

35 minutes ago, mbell317 said:

You forgot the significant difference in Blocks. Steals and blocks are rare categories to find so that has a lot of value. Also next to LeBron, AD could feast and have a career year with higher points than usual. 

However, I agree with your point. If you're worried about AD's health, KAT could be a gamble that pays off.

But if you have the #1, #2, or #3 pick, you can have Steph or Giannis instead.

KAT averaged 1.6 blocks/ game last year, which is a more than an acceptable number. Saunders claimed he'll be more of a rim protector this year which could result in KAT pushing 2.0 blocks / game. 

Regardless, I think GPs is the most important statistical category in H2H. And KAT is the ultimate iron man

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Who said this? Lol?

Eveyone who uses Yahoo..

AD's ADP is 1.4

Harden's ADP  is 3.2

Just now, crocp said:

Eveyone who uses Yahoo..

AD's ADP is 1.4

Harden's ADP  is 3.2

Ah. That's unfortunate. ADP doesn't influence my draft lol.

22 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

Who said this? Lol?

Lowish FG% and high TO last year for the record. It's not like he's great in every category. 

12 "experts" on FantasyPros' consensus rankings has Harden at #5 this year...May not include AD's thumb injury.

spacer.png

It’s pretty obv that Harden is not #1...

hope AD is fine, wanted to draft him with my first pick tomorrow... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KB24MVP said:

It’s pretty obv that Harden is not #1...

hope AD is fine, wanted to draft him with my first pick tomorrow... 

Dont...unless you want to deal with this crap all season..

Draft Harden, punt fg%/TO...and win the league with flying colors.

Maybe with this news he can slip to 5 or 6 now, which in H2H could be incredible value.

Initial exams show sprain so that is a good sign. MRI results will be the last step to make sure he won't miss multiple regular season games to start the season. If the MRI is clean, I wouldn't change where you draft him. 

I think its just the frustration with AD. When you draft him, you know the locker room visits will come with him. He will also miss more games than the average 26 year old NBA player. The key is to avoid any serious injuries and play in the fantasy playoffs.

• Like 1

If "heads back to the locker room " was a cat, he'd be the fantasy ball GOAT

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Quazza said:

If "heads back to the locker room " was a cat, he'd be the fantasy ball GOAT

The dreaded "questionable to return."

8 hours ago, KB24MVP said:

Any updates so far?

They've pushed his MRI back a day so nothing more yet 

I draft tonight at 8pm in the 5 spot. I expect him to slide there now. Any recommendations of what to do if we don't get news soon?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, v1n5anity said:

relieved thank god GIF

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

Was able to get him with the third pick in a draft on Saturday night with the uncertainty. Took the plunge and the chance. 

On another note, it seems to me that his fg% is potentially being underrated this season. Both yahoo and BBM have him both slightly under 53% Fgs. Playing with LBJ and palatable shooters on the wings like KCP, Greem, Kuzma, I could easily see him push 55% from the field. I actually would be disappointed if at a minimum he doesn't approach 54%.  

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Benjamin1984 said:

I draft tonight at 8pm in the 5 spot. I expect him to slide there now. Any recommendations of what to do if we don't get news soon?

If you don’t pick AD at 5 just stop playing fantasy. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I traded up to #2 from #5 to draft him (Over KAT, yes). This will be his best team he's ever played for, with better centers than what he had in New Orleans. Should translate in a somewhat healthier season to alleviate some of the pressure, but we're all going to bite our nails when you see any potential injury news (I own Todd Gurley in football this year lol).