The 7th Beatles

Anthony Davis 2019-2020 Outlook

This will be the first year I have AD - got him at 3 last night.  Decision between him and KAT was made for me when KAT went 2nd. 

I will be ignoring the internet for the next 6 months instead of subjecting myself to the misery of the "Davis has went back to the locker room" weekly announcements!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Tekno Team 2000 said:

This will be the first year I have AD - got him at 3 last night.  Decision between him and KAT was made for me when KAT went 2nd. 

I will be ignoring the internet for the next 6 months instead of subjecting myself to the misery of the "Davis has went back to the locker room" weekly announcements!

I ended up winning last year with him and Leonard.. both are headaches man.. frustrating.

Seems everyone just talks about injuries, I wanna talk about fantasy production...I took him at 2 but a little concerned his numbers won't be similar to his peak NO numbers...I know Lebron is saying he wants to hand over the torch to Davis, saying the right things, etc...But so far this pre-season Lebron looks like he is on a mission to win MVP and I don't think he is going think he going to differ s*** to AD...

I hope I'm wrong, but I feel his numbers will be a little underwhelming....I'm a little worried as anything less than his peak NO numbers will not justify picking him over Kat...

12 minutes ago, Starvela said:

Seems everyone just talks about injuries, I wanna talk about fantasy production...I took him at 2 but a little concerned his numbers won't be similar to his peak NO numbers...I know Lebron is saying he wants to hand over the torch to Davis, saying the right things, etc...But so far this pre-season Lebron looks like he is on a mission to win MVP and I don't think he is going think he going to differ s*** to AD...

I hope I'm wrong, but I feel his numbers will be a little underwhelming....I'm a little worried as anything less than his peak NO numbers will not justify picking him over Kat...

The one thing you don't have to worry about with AD is his numbers. Even if his scoring went down from like 27 to 25, who cares, because his assists will prolly go up to around 5, and very likely his fg% will jump to around 55% being surrounded by much better players + Lebron. 

15 minutes ago, richg24 said:

The one thing you don't have to worry about with AD is his numbers. Even if his scoring went down from like 27 to 25, who cares, because his assists will prolly go up to around 5, and very likely his fg% will jump to around 55% being surrounded by much better players + Lebron. 

Yeah I know, sometimes draft doesn't go as expected, now I really need the 28-30 PP (Beast) he was in NO, but I can kiss that goodbye, Lebron is on a mission it seems...Just feel Towns is going to be a 28 PP this season...I just drafted him based on NO numbers, those numbers justified injury concerns for me, so anything less will be underwhelming, for me at least, since I had pick 2...

9 cat roto is the only format I draft AD.  That said, I’ve cashed every time I’ve drafted AD in 9 cat roto.  Let that sink in. 

19 minutes ago, Starvela said:

Yeah I know, sometimes draft doesn't go as expected, now I really need the 28-30 PP (Beast) he was in NO, but I can kiss that goodbye, Lebron is on a mission it seems...Just feel Towns is going to be a 28 PP this season...I just drafted him based on NO numbers, those numbers justified injury concerns for me, so anything less will be underwhelming, for me at least, since I had pick 2...

You think you can kiss him averaging his norms in points goodbye because of what? One of the best players of all time is scoring in the 20s in preseason games? Please man, preseason is for judging rookies and unknowns, not players like Lebron or AD. AD will likely have his best fantasy season to date. 

• Like 3

got him at 3 in one of my not so serious leagues

Can't believe I'm doing this to myself again

• Haha 4

those 3-4 min spurts when he gets to go against other teams 2nd unit with no lbj are going to be glorious.

On 10/17/2019 at 3:40 PM, Tekno Team 2000 said:

Hah, I got AD with the 4th pick and I’m still not sure I want to watch any Lakers games just so I’m not punishing myself every time I see AD pick himself off the floor. 

Nothing to see here.  Those counting stats are typical for him.  If he shot at his averages he would have scored 30+ points.  I'd chalk up the low efficiency to rust, and the Clippers defense, and move on.

25 points in 3 quarters since his shots and free throws weren't sinking in the fourth. The only thing that's annoying is it seems that he won't be a rebounding monster. Just 10 rebounds is meh for him.

Edited by WhiskerFrisker

41 minutes ago, Starvela said:

Meh first game..but it is first game..

It was meh because all LeBron kept doing was bringing the ball up the floor and passing it to AD to let him post up and score. Theres a reason why the lakers without Danny Green would have gotten blown out, all they were doing is just that and of course when you get the ball every single possession and you do moves to try to score, you get tired which is why AD was amazing the first half then sucked the second half. They need to switch up their offensive strategy and move the ball more.

Of course I dont own AD this season, just looking at the game and my observation. If I did own AD, I wouldnt complain and would tell LBJ keep feeding AD.

Edited by Johnnyapplebot
  • Like 1

I got AD for the first time....3rd pick in a 10 team league where KAT and Harden went top 2.  I'm an east coaster, so at least I can usually wait until morning to hear if he made any locker room trips.  Those numbers he puts up are so hard to pass on, but that injury bug is always flying around him for sure.  

Not an AD owner but give clips credit. Even though he scored 25 he had to work pretty damn hard for every bucket. No spin and alley oops etc etc. He had a few easy ones on mismatch with harkless but that’s bout it. His boards mights come down though. It seems like he’ll have more help on the boards and prob won’t see as many of those 15-18 board nights.

Also keep in mind if LBJ continues to try to showcase AD by basically giving him the ball every single time they are on the court together, it makes AD work extra hard to create his own shot which means faster fatigue and muscle stress which means more likely he might get injured. If I was an AD owner I love the usage rate but I would worry all hell about it too given his history of injury. Sometimes less is more.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Pirate said:

Not an AD owner but give clips credit. Even though he scored 25 he had to work pretty damn hard for every bucket. No spin and alley oops etc etc. He had a few easy ones on mismatch with harkless but that’s bout it. His boards mights come down though. It seems like he’ll have more help on the boards and prob won’t see as many of those 15-18 board nights.

He didn't do anything in the 2nd half. 3rd q it's because he was too passive and in 4th lebron ruined the game and didn't pass to AD, instead he would drive and kick to guarded shooters like KCP, Cook, and Green. Green I understand because he was on fire and hit like 5 3s in the 3rd but bron played really bad to close that game and made bad decisions. A lot of people were saying Lebron looks old now and he will just rely on AD to carry him, not sure that is the case, bron still must have a lot left in the tank they just need more time to gel with the new squad. It is possible his boards drop, he was often not under the basket for rebs and was sort of leading out for the outlet passes. His long 2s were all clanking, i wish he wouldn't take those, just go inside or shoot 3s. 

41 minutes ago, Johnnyapplebot said:

It was meh because all LeBron kept doing was bringing the ball up the floor and passing it to AD to let him post up and score. Theres a reason why the lakers without Danny Green would have gotten blown out, all they were doing is just that and of course when you get the ball every single possession and you do moves to try to score, you get tired which is why AD was amazing the first half then sucked the second half. They need to switch up their offensive strategy and move the ball more.

Of course I dont own AD this season, just looking at the game and my observation. If I did own AD, I wouldnt complain and would tell LBJ keep feeding AD.

You're on the money. Lebron pretty much forced AD to do post-up after post-up. First of all, that's not really AD's forte - he doesn't have that level of finesse and footwork for it to be a go-to move. Second - the Clippers are tenacious defensive pests. You try one move against them a couple of times and they will shut that s**t down. AD got doubled and tripled in the post every time, and by the 4th q he was just gassed. 

Edited by fabrar

Thoughts on his performance against the Jazz? He is taking a lot of fade away mid range jumpers instead of being assertive. He finished with just 21 points but perhaps LeBron dropping 32 wil lmotivate him too. The stocks were nice though.

Edited by WhiskerFrisker

Its still early, but not looking good for me as I was literally drafting/clicking Towns, now I won’t enjoy having Davis knowing I should have stuck to my plan to draft Towns...Towns is going to own Davis in Fantasy this season...Davis can’t even grab me 10 boards a game, horrible start...

20 minutes ago, WhiskerFrisker said:

Thoughts on his performance against the Jazz? He is taking a lot of fade away mid range jumpers instead of being assertive. He finished with just 21 points but perhaps LeBron dropping 32 wil lmotivate him too. The stocks were nice though.

Prob playing through some nerves being on a new team on the biggest spotlight stage is different than on the pelicans. Also adjusting to new offense coach and teammates. Of course his shooting will go above 50% soon making the points closer to 27-29 per game as we expect. The one mild concern I have is rebs. They have excellent rebounding bigs with McGee and howard and lebron as well so I can see his rebs being more like 9 or 10 this season which does suck a bit but oh well. 

31 minutes ago, Starvela said:

Its still early, but not looking good for me as I was literally drafting/clicking Towns, now I won’t enjoy having Davis knowing I should have stuck to my plan to draft Towns...Towns is going to own Davis in Fantasy this season...Davis can’t even grab me 10 boards a game, horrible start...

31 minutes ago, richg24 said:

Prob playing through some nerves being on a new team on the biggest spotlight stage is different than on the pelicans. Also adjusting to new offense coach and teammates. Of course his shooting will go above 50% soon making the points closer to 27-29 per game as we expect. The one mild concern I have is rebs. They have excellent rebounding bigs with McGee and howard and lebron as well so I can see his rebs being more like 9 or 10 this season which does suck a bit but oh well. 

His rebounding and field goal percentage are what worries me the most. From the games I've seen, he has been out of position to grab boards but he also doesn't go for it very aggressively. It could be as you said richg24 and he isn't trying to be an ahole to his teammates, but it doesn't seem that way. Hopefully he will improve.