I was offered a 2020 3rd round rookie pick and Chase Edmonds for Latavius Murray and my 2020 5th. I have David Johnson, Derick Henry, Devonta Freeman and James White as my top 4 RBs.  Edmonds would be a cuff for DJ of course. Would you pull the trigger or hold on to Murray? 

Stick with Murray he's gonna eat into a lot of Kamara's carries this year. Just like he did to Dalvin Cook last season. NOLA didn't bring him in to rot on the pine. 

12 hours ago, GreatScott! said:

I was offered a 2020 3rd round rookie pick and Chase Edmonds for Latavius Murray and my 2020 5th. I have David Johnson, Derick Henry, Devonta Freeman and James White as my top 4 RBs.  Edmonds would be a cuff for DJ of course. Would you pull the trigger or hold on to Murray? 

I'm not a handcuffer. Last time DJ went down all handcuffs proved worthless, and I don't think he would have that role locked up.

So to me what you get offered is:

- benchwarmer plus low round rookie pick, vs
- Legitimate RB2 with upside, plus super low rookie pick.

No way Jose. 

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 4:29 PM, GreatScott! said:

Would you pull the trigger or hold on to Murray? 

I'd make the trade. I like the improved draft slot, from the 5th RD to the 3rd RD (big jump), and Chase Edmonds is a very talented RB, therefore, he is a "legit" handcuff. Talented RBs in a direct back-up role, are prime handcuff candidates. Note: Chase Edmonds was not in AZ when Johnson missed the 2017 season.

Keep your eye on Wes Hills in AZ as well...not saying he'll leap frog Edmonds, but Hills was drafted by the current coaching staff, and he's been compared to DJ.

Ozigbo in NO is no slouch either, and could definitely eat into Murray's carries as the COP RB2 or RB1 (injury to Kamara) in NO. Murray started 6 games in Minny last season, putting up starter worthy numbers in 3 of them, and only ran for 50+ yds 4 times on the entire season (with 3 of those being in starts) and he scored 6 total TDs (with 5 of those coming in starts.) So, unless Kamara goes down, I doubt Latavius sees your starting line-up < Same with Edmonds/DJ, but you get the improved draft RD along w/ the security blanket.