strahanfan92

Tommy Milone 2019 Outlook

Why not.. So far with Seattle in 26 innings he has 26 Ks 3.42 ERA and 0.987 WHIP. Anything to see here for those desperate in deeper leagues for the 32 year old?

If the Mariners fan is telling you not to start their best pitcher, you need to listen.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

two start week against the lowly royals and orioles.. i've seen worse fliers/streamers

Edited by osb_tensor

1 hour ago, osb_tensor said:

two start week against the lowly royals and orioles.. i've seen worse fliers/streamers

no opener today? it happened previously, haven't seen anything about tonight yet, though

3 minutes ago, WTP333 said:

no opener today? it happened previously, haven't seen anything about tonight yet, though

I don't know. I thought he was being used as a traditional starter. Bummer for QS leagues. 

He's completely revamped his pitching repotiore/sequencing he should be squarely on everyone's watch list

• Like 2

1 hour ago, WTP333 said:

The problem with the Mariners openers is that they never actually open/get through an IP.  They get torched so hard they’re pulled after giving up a 3+ spot.  Most embarrassing use of an opener.  Scott Servais sucks.

their beat reporter, Ryan Divish, just stated 'opener tonight, as far as I know'---not official yet, but more to come, I suppose

This man threw 60% change-ups last game lol. That pitch is actually unhittable for him this year. It's got a .109 wOBA. Everything else gets smashed. 

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, WTP333 said:

their beat reporter, Ryan Divish, just stated 'opener tonight, as far as I know'---not official yet, but more to come, I suppose

When a regular starting pitcher starts isn't he called a starter.  Why would you want to have your best starter be just an opener.  Especially against KC.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

When a regular starting pitcher starts isn't he called a starter.

the report says there will be an opener before Milone; likely that he is not starting, but will follow an opener, but still not official

sorry for the confusion with the wording.

Edited by WTP333

1 hour ago, WTP333 said:

the report says there will be an opener before Milone; likely that he is not starting, but will follow an opener, but still not official

sorry for the confusion with the wording.

No problem.  You aren't confused, Seattle confuses itself.   For the record both Baseball Line-Ups and Yahoo right now have Milone listed as the starter so maybe the Mariners just remembered Milone was a regular starter, hah.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dod959 said:

This man threw 60% change-ups last game lol. That pitch is actually unhittable for him this year. It's got a .109 wOBA. Everything else gets smashed. 

That’s the key.  His fastball is one of worst in MLB.  Only way he can live in this league on life support to tossing junk at hitters.  It’s worked so far.  Likely won’t last.  Before you know it a snowman will be tossed up on your stat sheet.  Hard pass.  Little league defensive club, little hope for wins, a manager who loves seeing guys get bent over barrel before pulling plug.  Not good recipe.

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 1

he is not starting tonight; they are using an opener ahead of him

54 minutes ago, WTP333 said:

he is not starting tonight; they are using an opener ahead of him

Yep you were right.  Seattle be totally crazy:

Tayler Scott will be the Mariners' opener Monday against the Athletics.

Tommy Milone will follow him and is in line to pitch the bulk of the innings. Scott holds a 5.68 ERA over his first three major league appearances.

Source: Greg Johns on Twitter                       Jun 17, 2019, 5:09 PM ET

Posted (edited)

Looked like he had a really good outing.  Unfortunately that stupid "opener" cost me a QS.  With this plague of "openers" upon us they need to change the definition of QS to simply "6 consecutive innings or more pitched with 3 runs or less allowed anywhere during the game."  Also Quality Start to Quality Appearance I guess.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

another strong outing, should have got the win...but oh well...lol

gonna keep rolling him out there, has been very solid for me

Sickens me this thread even exists for this horrific loser, but what can ya do?  Either way, if you still own this turd, you can safely cut bait.  Just awful stuff.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cmilne23 said:

Sickens me this thread even exists for this horrific loser,

🤭

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

🤭

I cannot refute your findings 🥴