Sign in to follow this  
tonycpsu

MLB Waiver Wire and Streaming Thread 2019 Week 12

tonycpsu

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups and streaming options for week 12 of the 2019 MLB season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggetions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups and streaming options for week 12 of the 2019 MLB season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggetions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Lourdes of the Flies- Gurriel is rakin' and bakin' lately, occassional swipe doesn't hurt and he's batting 3rd...who knew out of LGJ and lil Bigg that he would be Lourdes of the manner...

Super Mercado- last day for the big Sale probably, top dollar if he remains on your wire is in your future...

Yam I am- I have a hunch that Yamamoto will have you sayin' Domo arigato in this 2 start week! The new flyin' Hawaiian can chuck and he's playing the same team he blanked last week...STL

Zac Gallen- I've been drinking Gallens of this Kool-Aid all year, but is it finally time w/ Urena on the shelf? I said yes...

Urias got me Curious- "I'm C-Urias, I'm very C-Urias"- Dennis Hopper, Apocalypse Now...I think it'll be soon...

• Like 7

Our Lady of Lourdes has been quite good 

• Like 1

Not sure about other platforms, but Yandy Diaz is only owned in 37.8% (!) of ESPN leagues. He's been on a multi-hit heater for over a week now.

• Like 3

Jesus Luzardo - The word is getting out fast and this dude gets me excited just seeing his name. Now is the time, looking at CBS, he's 61% owned.  Some still can go get him. Moving to triple A, if he shines only a matter time. This dude has the potential to help win league championships. Pray he can stay healthy.

Jesus Luzardo (59%) — Between spring training and his rehab assignment, Luzardo has thrown 16.2 innings this season with 26 strikeouts, four walks, and 12 hits allowed. As long as the shoulder holds up, he looks like a potentially dominant starter, and with his rehab moving to Triple-A this week, he may be in the A's rotation before the end of the month.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

Cavan Biggio could be a good pickup for the week. Full slate of games, walking lots, hitting the ball hard. 

I like Cavan. I had to cut bait and kind of regret it, but he'll help out in OBP leagues some at a shallow position (MI). AVG leagues he may not be as useful in.

Matt Adams
 Nats should face four RHP in their series against the Phils. Nice time to insert him into lineups.

Trevor Williams is back this week and at home vs. the Tigers. Might be available. 

Oscar Mercado and Ramon Laureano are both the hot adds right now. Not sure who I'd rather have ROS but they're both performing at a high level.

• Like 1

Newman leading off for the Pirates has chipped in a few steals and good average over the past week or so

How about giving Jesse Winker another look?

Three starts in a row among the top 2 spots in the order... Hopefully this is something that sticks, because Winker seems to hit best batting at the top or near it. 
He has his season average up to .251 w/ a .326 OBP.... .791 OPS...12 HR, up to 25 RBI.

He was dropped in a lot of leagues. I dropped him in mine. I think it's time to give him another chance where he is available.

Also, C Roberto Perez could be a nice acquisition. Zack Collins too.

• Like 1

Stripling and Urias. Hill left the game early and we all now hes brittle. Not sure who the guy is but dodgers pitchers are money in the bank.

Zach Plesac...gets DET and BAL in his next two starts. Should stick with Clevenger hitting the DL again.

• Like 1

Logan Allen had an impressive debut against the Brewers (7ip, 3 hits, 2 walks, 5 strikeouts, 0 ER) and if he is sticking in the rotation, he gets BAL & SF in his next 2 starts.

• Like 3

Arrieta 2 start week against Mets and Marlins.

54 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Arrieta 2 start week against Mets and Marlins.

Over/under 5.5 total Ks in 2 starts?

1 minute ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Over/under 5.5 total Ks in 2 starts?

over! :D

Bobby Bradley, as he might be called up as soon as tomorrow...

23 minutes ago, BRYZZO said:

Zac Pleasac for tomorrow? 

At this point not in free agency in competitive leagues. 

Liam Hendriks... Likely the new closer for the foreseeable future in Oakland with Trienen going on the IL with a rotator cuff strain.

On 6/21/2019 at 12:30 AM, nlm said:

Logan Allen had an impressive debut against the Brewers (7ip, 3 hits, 2 walks, 5 strikeouts, 0 ER) and if he is sticking in the rotation, he gets BAL & SF in his next 2 starts.

It's been confirmed he will face BAL in his next start. From there, we'll see how he does, but I'm going to run him out there. Nice streamer with upside.

Adrian Houser is moving into brewers rotation, he's likely to be limited to 3-5 innings on Wed, but should be able to ramp back up in relatively short order (he was starting in AAA early on). He has been nails coming outta the pen for crew, stuff is very legit...

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Jordan Lyles was pitching well for the Pirates before he injured his hamstring. He pitched 5 1/3 innings on 86 pitches today for Indianapolis giving up one ER, walking 3 and striking out 7. He should be back with the Pirate soon. 

• Like 1