Gile Pile

LA Lakers 2019-2020 Season Thread

59 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

If he does get bought out and ends up on the Lakers then it's gg's noobs.  The title will probably go to an LA team.  The Clippers are already ahead of the Jazz and anyone in the East imo.  This would put the Lakers neck and neck with the Clippers.  It's a good time if you live in LA.  

Why would he get bought out and join the Lakers? With what money? Lebron is the point, Rondo is the backup. Rondo & Chris Paul hate each other (Remember when Rondo spit on CP3). 

Just now, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Why would he get bought out and join the Lakers? With what money? Lebron is the point, Rondo is the backup. Rondo & Chris Paul hate each other (Remember when Rondo spit on CP3). 

I never said I thought that it would happen, I just said IF.  Several people in this thread brought it up before me.

5 minutes ago, littlesamtung said:

He won't be bought out men but he will be traded (soon), probably the Heat.

Lol stop it. We're waiting on the 2021 free agency now.

6 minutes ago, StifleTower2 said:

I never said I thought that it would happen, I just said IF.  Several people in this thread brought it up before me.

Okay good. I’m shutting it down. The train stops here.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

Paul has 3 more years on his deal. $38 million upcoming, $40 million the following 2 years. Then when he can barely walk up a flight of stairs on his final year, you know he's going to opt in on his player option. No way he's getting bought out.

Finally some Sanity around here  @Trench Mob. I mean the suggestion he gets bought out is laughable. OKC would have to pay his contract in full (or maybe CP3 would shed $10M at the very most) so that would be $120M and it remains on their books against the cap for all three years...

Laker land truly is unicorns and rainbows...wow! 

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Trench Mob said:

Lol stop it. We're waiting on the 2021 free agency now.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, montanski said:

Probably to DET team up with Griffin again. Both teams have expiring contracts in Gragic and R Jackson and in a Win-Now mode.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

Finally some Sanity around here  @Trench Mob. I mean the suggestion he gets bought out is laughable. OKC would have to pay his contract in full (or maybe CP3 would shed $10M at the very most) so that would be $120M and it remains on their books against the cap for all three years...

Laker land truly is unicorns and rainbows...wow! 

You must be a fan of the Clippers, Kings or Warriors. Those fanbases care more about the Lakers losing than about their own franchise winning.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, miasma16 said:

You must be a fan of the Clippers, Kings or Warriors. Those fanbases care more about the Lakers losing than about their own franchise winning.

You must have been living under a rock not to know my allegiance. The comedy of this board is just too good

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jake the snake said:

You must have been living under a rock not to know my allegiance. The comedy of this board is just too good

You think anyone cares what your "allegiance" is? This might be the most arrogant post I've ever seen on the Rotoworld forums.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This thread will be awesome to read in late March when lots of people will be proven wrong.   Lakers will be either #1 seed in the West or completely out of playoff picture and Danny Green bashing will be in full force.

3 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

This thread will be awesome to read in late March when lots of people will be proven wrong.   Lakers will be either #1 seed in the West or completely out of playoff picture and Danny Green bashing will be in full force.

I don't think Danny Green will be the main reason for whatever happens next year. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, montanski said:

I read the article............Pelinka said "I think that, in general, the league has become guard dominate.".........Danny Green. There you go.

I'm glad Rob Pelinka is running the Lakers. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, dino10k said:

I read the article............Pelinka said "I think that, in general, the league has become guard dominate.".........Danny Green. There you go.

I'm glad Rob Pelinka is running the Lakers. 

Within two years, Pelinka went from Mozgov, Deng, Swaggy P and other assorted junk and turned it into 26-year-old Anthony Davis, LeBron James, a Boogie Cousins who looks like he's carrying 8% body fat, and a solid cast of supporting players already with rings of their own. 

How's Trader Danny and his warchest of assets doing these days? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

It's already an awesome read watching you and other clowns doing backflips to try and discredit every move the Lakers have made this off-season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, miasma16 said:

You think anyone cares what your "allegiance" is? 

Apparently so... 

18 hours ago, miasma16 said:

You must be a fan of the Clippers, Kings or Warriors. 

As for the arrogance, my team won man! #wethechamps! I think for one we've earned it 🤣 (it's also funny hearing Lakers fans call people arrogant). 

I'll just leave you with this. Has boogie ever made a team he played for better? Kings are in a better place without him, pelicans were better without him, warriors were better when he wasn't on the court... But hey if there is anyone that can surely it's a duo of Frank Vogel and Jason Kidd 😂... 

It's all in jest man, lakers fans are just so easy to stir up. When you've won that many titles you just gotta accept people are going to enjoy watching your team fail more than other teams...

Just as @StifleTower2 said weeks ago, it's mostly out of jealousy because our teams havent had that much success... (although the raptors are the only team to win the league since 2018). Don't worry I hate the célti£s just as much (actually even a little more...) 

Edited by Jake the snake

4 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

Just as @StifleTower2 said weeks ago, it's mostly out of jealousy because our teams havent had that much success

My hate for the lakers is pure jealousy. Anyone who doesn't admit it is probably lying.

My distaste for the behavior of (certain) laker fans on the other hand... that is substantiated through years of holier-than-thou conduct.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, GriffeySwag said:

It's already an awesome read watching you and other clowns doing backflips to try and discredit every move the Lakers have made this off-season.

No need to call names, we are just talking basketball.

AD trade was a good move. 

Cousins is risky, high risk high reward move. 

Every other move Lakers made (in my opinion) did not make them title contenders. Clippers did that.

Those moves made Lakers a playoff team with minimal  chances to make it to the finals. 

Just look at the depth chart at RW for  PG/SG:   Rondo, Cook, Caruso, Green, Bradley, Daniels, Norwell jr.

KCP forr 2y/$16m, Green 2y/$30m are massive overpays imo.

Let's revisit in the spring.   Who knows, maybe Bradley  is Klay v2.0

Edited by Gile Pile
  • Like 2

Posted (edited)

How was cousins high risk? Considering how much the Lakers got em for. Lol

Danny Green literally top 4 catch and shoot along with cook. 

Mcgee was one of the best players not named lebron for the lakers

Bradley is 28 is considered one of the best perimeter defenders when healthy. Literally nba defensive honors 

The rest are bench players and will serve their roles Kcp, Rondo, heck kuzma prob come off the bench. That's how you know the team has depth

Clippers aren't as deep as you think they are. Outside harrell and Lou they got no one else. Really Harkless and zubac are starters? Haha

Edited by thrilla1nManila
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, thrilla1nManila said:

How was cousins high risk? Considering how much the Lakers got em for. Lol

Danny Green literally top 4 catch and shoot along with cook. 

Mcgee was one of the best players not named lebron for the lakers

Bradley is 28 is considered one of the best perimeter defenders when healthy. Literally nba defensive honors 

The rest are bench players and will serve their roles Kcp, Rondo, heck kuzma prob come off the bench. That's how you know the team has depth

Clippers aren't as deep as you think they are. Outside harrell and Lou they got no one else. Really Harkless and zubac are starters? Haha

sparkleturd.gif

• Like 1

With Cousins out possibly for a season, are expectations changed?  I think that even if Boogie comes back at some point, he will be at  max 75%.   Lakers ceiling is now, in my opinion,  WCF.

Should Lakers bring Melo in?

47 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

With Cousins out possibly for a season, are expectations changed?  I think that even if Boogie comes back at some point, he will be at  max 75%.   Lakers ceiling is now, in my opinion,  WCF.

Should Lakers bring Melo in?

No team in the world should ever bring Melo in. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Code of Hammurabi said:

No team in the world should ever bring Melo in. 

I reckon he'd do alright on my 3rd divison social beer league. He's loaded though, so we'd expect him to bring the beers.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2