Gile Pile

LA Lakers 2019-2020 Season Thread

4 hours ago, v1n5anity said:

Isn't the bet regarding Raptors making the playoffs, which you said they wouldnt?

Not a bet, just counter-trolling the trolling. 

Raps are making the playoffs assuming they keep the guys they have on the roster right now. If Gasol/Lowry/Ibaka etc are traded it would be a different story. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

Boogie should be cut from the team, disgraceful. 

He will, thats why they/re bringing in D39

12 hours ago, MilesBridgesBetterThanZion said:

Boogie should be cut from the team, disgraceful. 

get a life.  As if you've never made empty threats or said some s--- when you've gotten very angry.

What his ex wife did was petty and uncalled for.  That is his son and she knew she would hit a particularly sensitive nerve by keeping him out of his wedding and that is why she was recording.  Let's not paint Boogie as the victim here.  There was zero reason to prevent the son from going to the wedding other than to be a petty, vindictive, b****

49 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

get a life.  As if you've never made empty threats or said some s--- when you've gotten very angry.

What his ex wife did was petty and uncalled for.  That is his son and she knew she would hit a particularly sensitive nerve by keeping him out of his wedding and that is why she was recording.  Let's not paint Boogie as the victim here.  There was zero reason to prevent the son from going to the wedding other than to be a petty, vindictive, b****

While I agree. It’s uncalled for, it’s unjustified. Cousins is a trash human being and deserves to be blackballed.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

While I agree. It’s uncalled for, it’s unjustified. Cousins is a trash human being and deserves to be blackballed.

You don't know his situation or the dynamics of that relationship.  She did what she did to get a raise out of him and got it, end of story.  I am sure there have been countless times the woman has made similar threats or worse to Boogie and he did not record it for the world to see nor would have anybody cared.  #metoo

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

You don't know his situation or the dynamics of that relationship.  She did what she did to get a raise out of him and got it, end of story.  I am sure there have been countless times the woman has made similar threats or worse to Boogie and he did not record it for the world to see nor would have anybody cared.  #metoo

No. As a man, you need to have better control. No excuses. You know you are stronger and as a man you need to be smarter to control your emotions. Oh, then he had the audacity to choke her. The audacity! Never put your hands on a woman. You deserved to be vilified!

• Thanks 1

Boogies career is likely over because he barely drew interest before.  Now, in addition to injuries, he’s going to carry this stigma with him. 

That being said, I can’t stand this white knight bull****.  It’s condescending to women and degrading for men.  If women are equals in society, which I believe them to be, then they also need to be held accountable for their actions.  There are circumstances in which it would be permissible to defend yourself from a woman. It takes two to tango.  I recommend listening to bill burr.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fantasyscrub said:

Oh boy, where to begin?  There are two sides to the story, we don't the reasons why she did not want his son to attend the wedding.

When someone  chokes you  earlier, you already know what kind of  actions  you can  expect from that person.  Smart thing to do is to do whatever it takes  to  protect yourself. Under no circumstances you do not threaten to put a  "bullet in (her) f---ing head".  Boogie's action are disgraceful and he deserves severe punishment.

It is hard to imagine that  " there have been countless times the woman has made similar threats or worse to Boogie "; after all he is 6' 11", 270 lbs with money.

1 hour ago, StifleTower2 said:

There are circumstances in which it would be permissible to defend yourself from a woman. It takes two to tango.  I recommend listening to bill burr.

I agree, if a women threatens to put a  bullet in Boogies f---ing head, he should be able to defend itself.  Not when you are  the person making the threat.   Let's not blame the victim here

• Like 2

It’s a very simple concept. Chances are they speak like this with each other in a very toxic manner making threats. Chances are she did not want her son attending because the father of her child is marrying someone else. She knew exactly what she was doing by recording him, this is obviously planned and could be to defame him, get sole custody or maybe she really feared for her life. Fearing for her life is unlikely considering he’s probably made threats like this before and she took no action. There’s probably no coincidence that she finally decides to take action when he marries another woman.

With all that said Boogie is at fault here and nobody else. If shes being vindictive in keeping his son out of his wedding I can see why he’d lose control. Understanding why he could have snapped in no way excuses his actions. At the very end of the day it’s on him to maintain self control, especially when he’s the public figure with everything to lose.

It’s simply an unfortunate situation when a child is involved. Who knows if he loses custody of his kid. The NBA takes these things extremely serious but im sure his focus will be on whatever impending legal issues he has to face. Boogie has quickly turned into one of the most if not the most tragic story over the last 10-15 years.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, FantasyBallFan said:

It’s a very simple concept. Chances are they speak like this with each other in a very toxic manner making threats. Chances are she did not want her son attending because the father of her child is marrying someone else. She knew exactly what she was doing by recording him, this is obviously planned and could be to defame him, get sole custody or maybe she really feared for her life. Fearing for her life is unlikely considering he’s probably made threats like this before and she took no action. There’s probably no coincidence that she finally decides to take action when he marries another woman.

With all that said Boogie is at fault here and nobody else. If shes being vindictive in keeping his son out of his wedding I can see why he’d lose control. Understanding why he could have snapped in no way excuses his actions. At the very end of the day it’s on him to maintain self control, especially when he’s the public figure with everything to lose.

It’s simply an unfortunate situation when a child is involved. Who knows if he loses custody of his kid. The NBA takes these things extremely serious but im sure his focus will be on whatever impending legal issues he has to face. Boogie has quickly turned into one of the most if not the most tragic story over the last 10-15 years.

Pretty good write-up. Clearly, the lady knew what she was doing by baiting Boogie into this. The sad thing is, Boogie took the bait and has now gotten himself into what could be a lot of trouble. Both are at fault but with Boogie being the public figure with the status he has, he cannot have meltdowns like this, which are definitely unacceptable. I agree, it's a sad situation. We'll see how this plays out but I think it's pretty safe to say at this point that we've seen the end of Boogie's career. Too much baggage, drama, and trauma to his body. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, StifleTower2 said:

Boogies career is likely over because he barely drew interest before.  Now, in addition to injuries, he’s going to carry this stigma with him. 

That being said, I can’t stand this white knight bull****.  It’s condescending to women and degrading for men.  If women are equals in society, which I believe them to be, then they also need to be held accountable for their actions.  There are circumstances in which it would be permissible to defend yourself from a woman. It takes two to tango.  I recommend listening to bill burr.

THIS^^^^

On 8/15/2019 at 11:50 AM, Gile Pile said:

With Cousins out possibly for a season, are expectations changed?  I think that even if Boogie comes back at some point, he will be at  max 75%.   Lakers ceiling is now, in my opinion,  WCF.

Should Lakers bring Melo in?

Why would losing a center to injury mean signing a black hole of a small forward? You have to be trolling at this point.

On 8/28/2019 at 6:24 PM, StifleTower2 said:

This ain't it bruh

Deleted all of the posts from today that still continued to go on about the argument over Cousins and such.  While I understand that him being out for one reason or another matters for the Lakers, it got well out of hand.  I will continue to delete them if I am on and it starts up again.

• Like 2

I'll be mildly surprised if the Lakers make the play-offs.

I find their front office to be beyond broken.  Davis is great, but if he or Lebron get injured which is a real good possibility then their lack of depth and talent will bite them in the a**.

• Like 2

And the Lakers saga continues... First Boogie, now Kuzma with a stress reaction.

Assuming he's out roughly 8 wks and then needs to ramp up... Who benefits?

Dudley, KCP, Troy Daniels?

I'm assuming they'll have to play LBJ and AD more and will play LBJ at the 3 with some backup 4. Making more minutes available for Caruso and KCP

Edited by chaiway

Yeah, there's some very intriguing late round (like, THE last round) picks on the Lakers now.  Who knows who will be a November hero on that team, but I guarantee you there's gonna be one.  They're still gonna score like 100 points a game, so even if AD and LeBron combine for 60, there's someone that's gonna get like 15 on a couple threes with whatever else sprinkled in.

• Like 1

Gut feeling this is the last time we see LeBron at semi-peak/prime, he has to taper down a little or an injury again is likely. Last season's groin must of been a writing's on the wall from father time.kind of moment for him. And even though it'll be hard to do in front of a staples crowd jacked for the GOAT/Brow show, I think with a basetball IQ like his he'll have an elaborate plan already in place. Cannot wait, watching every game because we'll be dead and buried before we see a titan like this walk onto the court again. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, chaiway said:

And the Lakers saga continues... First Boogie, now Kuzma with a stress reaction.

Assuming he's out roughly 8 wks and then needs to ramp up... Who benefits?

Dudley, KCP, Troy Daniels?

I'm assuming they'll have to play LBJ and AD more and will play LBJ at the 3 with some backup 4. Making more minutes available for Caruso and KCP

Initial plan was to start LBJ at PG with Green, Kuzma, AD, Dwight/Mcgee. Now I wouldn't be surprised to see Rondo starting

Rondo, Green, LBJ, AD, Dwight / Mcgee.

Rondo had good chemistry with Davis too in his one year in NO

12 hours ago, a-rob said:

Initial plan was to start LBJ at PG with Green, Kuzma, AD, Dwight/Mcgee. Now I wouldn't be surprised to see Rondo starting

Rondo, Green, LBJ, AD, Dwight / Mcgee.

Rondo had good chemistry with Davis too in his one year in NO

Rumour has it that Caruso has a shot at starting and could be a big time sleeper. I believe he fits better with this group than Rondo (and his +9,1 net rating playing with lebron vs -5,4 by Rondo/Lebron lineups confirms it).