Gile Pile

LA Lakers 2019-2020 Season Thread

6 hours ago, RedRaider27 said:

Kawhi or bust at this point. Pretty much everyone else is gone. Still a couple quality pieces but FA is already pretty much over lol. Gotta think Kawhi is leaning LA however. Toronto still in play. Going to the Clippers makes no sense at this point. 

Tough to call the Lakers offseason a failure after landing AD, but waiting on Kawahi and missing out on others would be devastating.   I also agree with this analysis. Its Lakers or Toronto. Maybe Kawahi is whacky enough to go to the Clippers, but I can't see a compelling real reason.

5 hours ago, larfboy said:

My theory of the current Lakers situation

Lakers working around the tampering rules. The Rob and Magic fall out was a hoax. Magic stepped down out of nowhere blatantly ripping Rob apart after a great meeting with the Lakers FO. Even with Magic’s accusations of Rob, Lakers give Rob Magic’s position. They still get rid of Walton. Magic taking calls and meetings with Kawhi while openly saying he’s available to help the Lakers if they want to...the NBA tampering rules have been Belichecked by Magic and the Lakers. 

3 hours ago, larfboy said:

Plot twist:

Phil Jackson is the orchestrator. 

Quite the theory, going to sell all of it.  That's a lot of public drama and making them look dumb just to negotiate. Not sure the Lakers are that clever or the risk was that worth it 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, brockpapersizer said:

Tough to call the Lakers offseason a failure after landing AD, but waiting on Kawahi and missing out on others would be devastating.   I also agree with this analysis. Its Lakers or Toronto. Maybe Kawahi is whacky enough to go to the Clippers, but I can't see a compelling real reason.

Quite the theory, going to sell all of it.  That's a lot of public drama and making them look dumb just to negotiate. Not sure the Lakers are that clever or the risk was that worth it 

I’m just saying...you can sell or buy it...we will never know..

6 minutes ago, larfboy said:

I’m just saying...you can sell or buy it...we will never know..

I already sold it (didn't make much)

• Like 1

I am not sure the Lakers with the 3 would be as great as advertised.  All three have injury concerns and if any of the 3 go down they will not win.  Would they be able to afford resting the guys like they are used to also?

35 minutes ago, StuPitt said:

I am not sure the Lakers with the 3 would be as great as advertised.  All three have injury concerns and if any of the 3 go down they will not win.  Would they be able to afford resting the guys like they are used to also?

I hope you're kidding, that would be the best front court of all time. 

I don't see many options in FA.

sign IT for nothing and make him to play like his Boston days :)
Sign Cousins and hope he gets in good shape and he gets back to 60% of his old self. 
Sign Wesley Matthews & Jamal Crawford (yes he can still ball, this dude doesn't age) for vet minimum. 
Grab Jabari Parker 

Together with AD and in case Kawhi signs, that must be the most injury sensitive team in the history of the league. 

In all seriousness: the Free agent market is super dry and nothing of worth is on it. We need to grab some guys that can play defense cause AD, Lebron and Kawhi can score at will. 

1 or 2 shooters and we're good to go. 

All the options Laker fans had (including me) they struck out on.

Kyrie, Kemba, Ariza, Beverly, Seth Curry, D’Angelo, Butler, Brogdon.

So far all they got is Troy Daniels! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, dotslasher said:

I don't see many options in FA.

sign IT for nothing and make him to play like his Boston days :)
Sign Cousins and hope he gets in good shape and he gets back to 60% of his old self. 
Sign Wesley Matthews & Jamal Crawford (yes he can still ball, this dude doesn't age) for vet minimum. 
Grab Jabari Parker 

Together with AD and in case Kawhi signs, that must be the most injury sensitive team in the history of the league. 

In all seriousness: the Free agent market is super dry and nothing of worth is on it. We need to grab some guys that can play defense cause AD, Lebron and Kawhi can score at will. 

1 or 2 shooters and we're good to go. 

They'll be very active in the buyout market. 

I'd be more likely to buy that from someone other than Stephen A., but has seemed likely all along. He's a former Pelinka client. I expect they get Korver. They just signed Troy Daniels. And they'll get someone decent with the MLE.

Nobody was expecting them to have much depth. If they have 3 arguable Top 5 players, that won't be much of a problem.

What are the latest Kawhi rumors?  Imo, Raptors chances are getting better the longer it takes for Kawhi to make his decision. If Lakers had successfull pitch that decision would have been made already

Heard the Clippers are out...down to Lakers and Toronto...Ladies and Gentleman...welcome to the 2020 NBA Finals.

15 minutes ago, larfboy said:

Heard the Clippers are out...down to Lakers and Toronto...Ladies and Gentleman...welcome to the 2020 NBA Finals.

Probably be a one year deal with Toronto.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Basketball wise this is a shame.   LBJ is such a wussy.  

Edited by DLG10

5 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

Huh?

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Huh?

Assuming LAL sign Leonard

Edited by DLG10

2 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

Assuming LAL sign Leonard

Lebron is a wussy for being apart of an organization that tries its hardest to get players who also want to win and are very good. I mean I guess he could’ve signed with the Sacramento Kings and be stuck with them trying to sign Dwayne Dedmond and Buddy Hield.

26 minutes ago, DLG10 said:

How is Lebron a wussy if Kawhi signs with LAL....He came when they had a bunch of babies..

4 minutes ago, larfboy said:

How is Lebron a wussy if Kawhi signs with LAL....He came when they had a bunch of babies..

He is probably upset that the Knicks used their two max slots to sign, Julius Randle, Wayne Ellington and Elfrid Payton.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, littlesamtung said:

You have to wait this biggest fish. There are still decent FAs.

Other than Kawhi,  who else is still available and not bench warmer?   

6 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

What are the latest Kawhi rumors?  Imo, Raptors chances are getting better the longer it takes for Kawhi to make his decision. If Lakers had successfull pitch that decision would have been made already

How are they getting better? He's meeting with the Clippers right now and may have already met with the Lakers. Toronto will get the last word. There are reports saying the Lakers are the favorites but that doesn't mean anything until it's official, especially with a guy like Kawhi. In my own opinion, it only makes sense to sign with the Lakers or resign with Toronto. Toronto can win the East again and maybe win another ring. If he joins the Lakers they could win the West and be set up for many years to come. Not bad either way. Clippers have the hardest path to a championship, not that they are in bad position though.

44 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

Tyreke Evans

Jabari Parker

Danny Green

Marcus Morris

Rajon rondo

Demarcus Cousins

Wilson Chandler

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Tyreke Evans

Jabari Parker

Danny Green

Marcus Morris

Rajon rondo

Demarcus Cousins

Wilson Chandler

Gross lol.

Tyreke Evans - Banned for 2 years. He fell off last year anyways.

Jabari Parker - Yikes. He should be overseas really.

Danny Green - Most definitely should be a priority.

Marcus Morris - Hit or miss. Most of the time he's a miss. Needs to be in a right system.

Rajon Rondo - Even though I like him as a player personally, time for the league just let him be.

DeMarcus Cousins. Not a good fit. Not a good fit for anyone anymore.

Wilson Chandler - He's old and broken down. Will always be one of my favorite players though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gile Pile said:

HE GONE. 

I can't wait for the salty tears.

The Warriors cried in the parking lot on the phone to KD because they absolutely knew they couldn't beat the GOAT. 2015 championship was a total sham, a complete fluke without Kyrie & Love it was a gift from above. Met in secret in the hamptons, the hampton 5 meeting was a pathetic scenario by 5 gutless individuals who knew they couldn't beat LeBron. You reap what you sow. Paper champions.

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Auction>Snake said:

I can't wait for the salty tears.

The Warriors cried in the parking lot on the phone to KD because they absolutely knew they couldn't beat the GOAT. 2015 championship was a total sham, a complete fluke without Kyrie & Love it was a gift from above. Met in secret in the hamptons, the hampton 5 meeting was a pathetic scenario by 5 gutless individuals who knew they couldn't beat LeBron. You reap what you sow. Paper champions.

Shots fired. Damn.