Gile Pile

LA Lakers 2019-2020 Season Thread

Just now, n3gative said:

yeah Korver seems destined to be a Laker at this point.

I hear Ray Allen may come off retirement......:ph34r:

• Haha 3

On 7/3/2019 at 10:54 PM, Ajax said:

I hear Ray Allen may come off retirement......:ph34r:

Reports saying stoudemire and ellis also looking to sign. Its all coming together.

Had to double check not april 1st

I will bust out laughing if Kawhi doesn't go to Lakers........

Lakers will not win with 2 Stars and what is left in Free Agency. You need 7-8 decent players in the PlayOffs.......Even with Leonard it will be hard to win. A Davis - LeBron - Kawhi  and Kuzma make 4.....Who are the other 3-4 players to get them there? We are assuming those 3 won't get hurt for any length of time......Good luck with that.

I just don't think a supporting cast of Cousins - Rondo - Dudley - Danny Green will get it done..Or insert whoever you want to fill out the roster of who is left. Including buyouts. Buyouts are usually has-beens or overpaid under-achievers. 

Lakers won't make the PlayOffs if Leonard doesn't sign. Worse record than last year. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, dino10k said:

Lakers will not win with 2 Stars and what is left in Free Agency. You need 7-8 decent players in the PlayOffs.......Even with Leonard it will be hard to win. A Davis - LeBron - Kawhi  and Kuzma make 4.....Who are the other 3-4 players to get them there? We are assuming those 3 won't get hurt for any length of time......Good luck with that.

I just don't think a supporting cast of Cousins - Rondo - Dudley - Danny Green will get it done..Or insert whoever you want to fill out the roster of who is left. Including buyouts. Buyouts are usually has-beens or overpaid under-achievers. 

Lakers won't make the PlayOffs if Leonard doesn't sign. Worse record than last year. 

How are your Celtics going to do this year?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, dino10k said:

Dude took all his Lakers frustrations out on the keyboard

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

not very likely but possible. If people are are talking about Warriors missing playoffs (they already have 3 All Stars),  then Lakers can miss playoffs too.

Spurs and seven other teams will make it.  Denver, Houston, Portland, Utah  will make it. That leaves 3 spots available for Lakers, Warriors, NO, OKC, and as long shot Kings, Dallas, Clippers, Wolves.

In scenario where Kawhi stays in Toronto Lakers are at risk if LBJ or AD miss an extended period of time.

36 minutes ago, FantasyBallFan said:

Dude took all his Lakers frustrations out on the keyboard

It is actually a possible (not likely) scenario. Without Leonard, it all depends on  LBJ and AD health.  One star  in the West does not get you far

15 minutes ago, Ajax said:

The Lakers remind me of a Fantasy auction draft in which an owner blows about $168 out of a $200 budget on two top 5 superstars, then steps back for a while, with the hope to grab one or 2 medium value players in the $15 range, and fill up the rest of the roster with $1 players left at the end, except in this case the Lakers fell asleep after those first two picks, and come back at the end of the draft finding $32 left on their budget, but not a single player worth more than $1 left.

Enjoy your 2019-2020 LA Lakers!

PRICELESS!!!

Game. Set. Match

Morris twins, Cory Joseph, KCP all clutch clients are otw.

add Rondo, Smith, Melo, Korver, Javale.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, iowncrazyhair said:

Morris twins, Cory Joseph, KCP all clutch clients are otw.

add Rondo, Smith, Melo, Korver, Javale.

Markieff went to the Pistons and Corey Joseph went to the Kings.

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

Lakers current starting five is: Troy Daniels, Danny Green, Kuzma, Lebron, AD with off the bench of Jared Dudley & Javale McGee.

Clippers starting five is: PatBev, Kawhi, Paul George, Harrell, Zubac with off the bench of Shamet, Mo Harkless & Lou Williams.

Edited by RedDogNamedClippers
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Lakers current starting five is: Troy Daniels, Danny Green, Kuzma, Lebron, AD with off the bench of Jared Dudley & Javale McGee.

Clippers starting five is: PatBev, Kawhi, Paul George, Harrell, Zubac with off the bench of Shamet, Mo Harkless & Lou Williams.

Jesus. Definitely favors the Clips.

Clippers still have a player of Lou Williams caliber off the bench. Smh.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

The price for PG13 is steep but they get Kawhi for free. That's good.

Delon Wright is a good PG replacement but they spend a heck of a lot of money on Danny Green. Maybe Melo, Shumpert, Frye, JR, Faried, Rondo, A. Bradley.....

OKC is also a big winner. Sorry to LAL and Raptors fans.

Edited by littlesamtung

What's Smush Parker up to these days? Rather have him over Troy Daniels.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, dino10k said:

Well, Lakers and LeBron got Dudley and Javale. Who needs Kawhi when u got these two. Lol.

Edited by seeL
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
On 6/27/2019 at 9:32 PM, GriffeySwag said:

But Lakers fans are the delusional ones.

😂

So how did that go for you? No star, Danny Green (who was a playoff passenger 😂, seriously good job Danny - what a contract!) for $15M/Yr, javale, KCP, troy Daniels (useless), DUDley, and anti load management on LBJ and AD.

Bummer Kawhi didn't stay in T-O, but he got us a chip and we have a future, the only thing he got for the lakers is a whole bunch of scrubs with their cap space by letting them believe he might sign. Warriors, clippers, rockets, and maybe even jazz, blazers and nuggets are ahead of lakers... 

Back to the unicorns, Rainbows, and the 80s finals rewatches for flakers fans... Sorry I shouldn't mock, @Kaboom let us all know just how hard it really is being a laker fan and the Terrible prejudices they must endure on a daily basis. #HopesAndPrayers to laker fans... 

Edited by Jake the snake
  • Haha 6

Nobody thats had any sort of success wants to play with bronbron.

Dudes an amazing player, but geez thats telling. How many "sure thing" signigs amd vets were supposed to happen? 

Buwahahahaha

19 hours ago, dino10k said:

Aight bet! I'll remember this horrible take when we make playoffs. You think a team with 2 top 5 players wont make playoffs but duo's like Dame/CJ or Rudy/Mitchell will? FOH easy bet 

2 hours ago, Jake the snake said:

So how did that go for you? No star, Danny Green (who was a playoff passenger 😂, seriously good job Danny - what a contract!) for $15M/Yr, javale, KCP, troy Daniels (useless), DUDley, and anti load management on LBJ and AD.

Bummer Kawhi didn't stay in T-O, but he got us a chip and we have a future, the only thing he got for the lakers is a whole bunch of scrubs with their cap space by letting them believe he might sign. Warriors, clippers, rockets, and maybe even jazz, blazers and nuggets are ahead of lakers... 

Back to the unicorns, Rainbows, and the 80s finals rewatches for flakers fans... Sorry I shouldn't mock, @Kaboom let us all know just how hard it really is being a laker fan and the Terrible prejudices they must endure on a daily basis. #HopesAndPrayers to laker fans... 

LOL. The Raptors don't even have a thread on this forum, and there are already posts like this ^^ about the Lakers.

See what I mean? 😂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kaboom said:

LOL. The Raptors don't even have a thread on this forum, and there are already posts like this ^^ about the Lakers.

See what I mean? 😂

Yes, it's true!  They're like the New England Patriots, or the New York Yankees.  America's favorite team to hate!  I'll admit it that for me it's a guilty pleasure to watch the Lakers lose. 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Quinn Cook 6m/2. I don't mind that. 42%3pt career shooter. Let's go!

3 hours ago, ROTY said:

Aight bet! I'll remember this horrible take when we make playoffs. You think a team with 2 top 5 players wont make playoffs but duo's like Dame/CJ or Rudy/Mitchell will? FOH easy bet 

Well in the case of the Jazz you have no concept of depth whatsoever to make that comparison.  The Jazz don’t have a duo they have the DPOY surrounded by play makers and shooters. They have a duo of Conley/Mitchell in the backcourt, two plus RPM players in Ingles and Bojan on the wings, and the DPOY in the front court. 

Basically what you said is: psssh do you really think Billups and Sheed are better than Kobe and Shaq?

There is ample precedence for a top defensive team with depth winning: Pistons, Spurs, most recently Toronto etc.  

I mean I get defending the Lakers over some middling teams it’s just almost unbelievable that you’d consider the Jazz a middling team after their moves this offseason.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, littlesamtung said:

The price for PG13 is steep but they get Kawhi for free. That's good.

Delon Wright is a good PG replacement but they spend a heck of a lot of money on Danny Green. Maybe Melo, Shumpert, Frye, JR, Faried, Rondo, A. Bradley.....

OKC is also a big winner. Sorry to LAL and Raptors fans.

We knew the risks when we got Kawhi.

Without  Kawhi, there is no  title.

Raptors fans are forever grateful for it.

We the champs!!!

• Thanks 1