PF: AD/kuzma/Dudley

SF: Lebron/kuzma

SG: KCP/Danny green/Daniels

PG: Cook/Caruso?

how much money does lakers have left ?

spacer.png

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Since Jerry West left the Lakers, all he’s done is build the Golden State Warriors and now the Clippers.
The Buss family must be apoplectic.

I believe that he wanted to come back to Lakers  and was turned down...

• Like 2

Rondo

Danny Green

Lebron

AD

Cousins

with Kuzma/McGee and KCP of the bench. Not looking too bad on paper. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Chrizz said:

Rondo

Danny Green

Lebron

AD

Cousins

with Kuzma/McGee and KCP of the bench. Not looking too bad on paper. 

If Rondo is your starting PG in 2019, that is bad

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well at least they got Cousins. Trade for or sign a PG and we have a team.

Imagine being a Raptors fan thumping your chest in a Lakers thread when you lost Kawhi for nothing. Life comes at you fast. 

For getting a late start on free agency, they've done a nice job of constructing a team with shooting and versatility.

Could use another 3/D wing.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

11 minutes ago, GriffeySwag said:

Imagine being a Raptors fan thumping your chest in a Lakers thread when you lost Kawhi for nothing. Life comes at you fast. 

For getting a late start on free agency, they've done a nice job of constructing a team with shooting and versatility.

Could use another 3/D wing.

We traded DeRozan and scraps for NBA title.  We are good and we are the champions 😁

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Whoevers healthy wins the chip, PG13 shoulders Leonard was limping after the finals. I root for the bad guys in the movies so go Lakers!

4 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

We traded DeRozan and scraps for NBA title.  We are good and we are the champions 😁

*Spoilers*

You're gonna be 50 and that will still be your only championship in Toronto. 

17 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

*Spoilers*

That be true, but he's 49 now.  😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

LeBron James

Anthony Davis

Kyle Kuzma

Javale McGee

Kentavious Caldwell-Pope

Danny Green

Troy Daniels

Quinn Cook

DeMarcus Cousins

Rajon Rondo

Alex Caruso

Jared Dudley

Feel bad for anyone trying to hate on this roster. Lakers have solid corps at the 1, 2 and 5, plus LeBron, Brow and Kuzma. I'm as surprised as anyone, but Pelinka has done a masterful job of executing Plan B the past 24 hours. Team has a ton of depth, and quality defenders and shooters at all 5 positions. Suppose the passing at the 2 isn't great but hey, when you've got LeBron I'd say that makes up for the playmaking at the wings. Team is clearly a contender even without Kawhi.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

^This

My only complaint is giving 16M to KCP but everything else Pelinka has done has been masterful considering the circumstances.

Edited by Jake Taylor

13 minutes ago, Jake Taylor said:

^This

My only complaint is giving 16M to KCP but everything else Pelinka has done has been masterful considering the circumstances.

You know Klutch is going to look out for Klutch.

• Like 3

LAC is still the team to beat. 48 wins last season and now replace Gallo with Kawhi (2X Final MVP, 2X DPOY) and PG13 (finished MVP#3 DPOY#3 last season). They get Hackless and McGruder this off season and retain Beverley, Lou and Harrell (6th man #1&2). Rosters like these are scary at both ends:

Beverley / Lou / Kawhi / PG / Harrell

Beverley / Lou / Shamet / Kawhi / PG (all good 3-pt shooters)

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, littlesamtung said:

LAC is still the team to beat. 48 wins last season and now replace Gallo with Kawhi (2X Final MVP, 2X DPOY) and PG13 (finished MVP#3 DPOY#3 last season). They get Hackless and McGruder this off season and retain Beverley, Lou and Harrell (6th man #1&2). Rosters like these are scary at both ends:

Beverley / Lou / Kawhi / PG / Harrell

Beverley / Lou / Shamet / Kawhi / PG (all good 3-pt shooters)

I agree. I still think clippers are better top to bottom but weaknesses I see are size and playmaking. Harrell cant start cause hes a midget for a big. PG 13 and Harrell cant handle AD. Also there is no one in that line up has great court vision. Pat Bev isnt a true pg. and their best passing player is PG 13.

I'll go out on a limb and suggest the Lakers are not done with moves. Yes, this was a gut-punch. And hell, good for the league to have real rivalries.

Lakers still have a solid team, and need a defensive PG badly. 

In the good news department, defensive PGs are out there, even if they are not famous. For example, a guy like Frank Ntilikina would be just fine, and the Knicks are eager to trade him for peanuts. 

Why do I have a feeling that the Christmas Day game will be Lakers vs Clippers? NBA likes to start these made up rivalries like that is a thing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Why do I have a feeling that the Christmas Day game will be Lakers vs Clippers? NBA likes to start these made up rivalries like that is a thing.

It's not made up this time.

5 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

I imagine it will be 

21 minutes ago, RedDogNamedClippers said:

Could easily be the night game. But they could also do Pelicans-Lakers, or Thunder/Raptors-Clippers. Raptors/Warriors could happen, just because it still has the allure of a Finals rematch, and it wouldn't get in the way of any other big storylines (pending who the Clippers play). Nets/Celtics is likely. Wouldn't be surprised to see Milwaukee/Philly/Denver/Utah play. Knicks and Blazers usually play too. There are a ton of options. Should be a fun day. Fun season. I don't think there's been a season without a team without 3 stars since Al Jefferson was the best player on the Celtics (yes, he was). As an NBA fan you have to be excited about the parity.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, thrilla1nManila said:

*Spoilers*

I am already 50. What's your point?  

1 hour ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I'll go out on a limb and suggest the Lakers are not done with moves. Yes, this was a gut-punch. And hell, good for the league to have real rivalries.

Lakers still have a solid team, and need a defensive PG badly. 

In the good news department, defensive PGs are out there, even if they are not famous. For example, a guy like Frank Ntilikina would be just fine, and the Knicks are eager to trade him for peanuts. 

There's a reason they're eager to trade him...He's a negative on offense. Same reason you got rid of Ball is why I don't see the Lakers going after another PG that can't shoot. 

37 minutes ago, Gile Pile said:

I am already 50. What's your point?  

It means it's the only championship you'll see in your life time. Which becomes truer considering the avg human life span. 

• Haha 1

My god, I can't imagine how bad my life would have to get to reach the point where I'm trying to make myself feel better by trying to convince someone that the team that I'm a fan of will win a championship before the team someone else will. 

On a fantasy forum. 

Less than a month after the other guy's team just won the championship.

Jesus.

• Like 6