Sign in to follow this  
hard1

Deon Cain 2019 Outlook

Made some noise last training camp... before he tore his acl preseason week 1... working his way back... Colts have added Parris and Funchess... I still think Cain is better than both... 

• Like 1

Looks like Cain is healing up fast.  Was originally reported he would be out the first part of the season, but he had 7 rec for 80 yards the other night. 

I'm very intrigued. I know the drafting of Parris Campbell and signing of Devin Funchess took all the air out of the balloon this spring, but it seems like the Colts never miss a chance to talk up Deon Cain, both as a player and person. Funchess is on a 1 year deal, Campbell has had some injuries this preseason and missed about 3 weeks of critical practice time. 

Cain still seems a little buried on the depth chart, but things can change in a hurry if his health checks out and he keeps making big plays. 

On 6/18/2019 at 6:06 PM, dmb3684 said:

Superman?

Just wanted to make sure you saw someone actually got this

On 8/19/2019 at 8:01 AM, mjb03003 said:

I'm very intrigued. I know the drafting of Parris Campbell and signing of Devin Funchess took all the air out of the balloon this spring, but it seems like the Colts never miss a chance to talk up Deon Cain, both as a player and person. Funchess is on a 1 year deal, Campbell has had some injuries this preseason and missed about 3 weeks of critical practice time. 

Cain still seems a little buried on the depth chart, but things can change in a hurry if his health checks out and he keeps making big plays. 

Funchess is kind of a bum and we don't know how good or bad Campbell will be - like so many rookie WR he could be any kind.  Cain has every shot to carve out a meaningful role in this offense, although he's more of a dynasty play at this point.  I don't see him being relevant in redraft this season... maybe someone for 14-teamers.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

He balled last preseason before the injury too.  I got my eye on him.

Edited by FeastMode

Anything to see here or is the party over for people with Luck retirement?

14 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

It's over. It's why I dropped him in WLAB before you scooped him up.

:)

maybe when fucheese gets injured...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

I still have him in dynasty. Positive sign I guess if there is one is that in the preseason wasn’t it Jacoby who was throwing to him?

14 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

It's over. It's why I dropped him in WLAB before you scooped him up.

:)

c'mon Cleats ... we all know Chad puts the Brissket in the oven come week 3 or 4 - Kelly lifts ALL Indy offensive personnel. 

patience. 

I wouldn't roster in redraft unless Kelly becomes the starter, but he is a buy in dynasty. Offensively this team is a total unknown right now. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

c'mon Cleats ... we all know Chad puts the Brissket in the oven come week 3 or 4 - Kelly lifts ALL Indy offensive personnel. 

patience. 

Hilton, Mack, Melvin Gordon, TY Hilton, Paris Campbell,ebron, funcheese, lots of options. I like the talent but hard to roster and wait for all the variables to shake out.

17 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Hilton, Mack, Melvin Gordon, TY Hilton, Paris Campbell,ebron, funcheese, lots of options. I like the talent but hard to roster and wait for all the variables to shake out.

ya listed two Hiltons and one MGIII ... let's subtract two of them - bit less crowded, no?

🤔

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 hours ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Don't forget the duo of Harrison and Wayne.

On 8/24/2019 at 8:08 PM, UcanTry said:

Cain is balling again tonight

Deep Leaguers -- Anyone really....

For those who missed out on the big Waiver WRs, Deon Cain is a guy to scoop up as the new WR2.

Yes, I know rookie Campbell is there, but he's the slot with Cain lined up as the #2 on the outside. He had an awesome camp, along with preseason games...plus the staff has talked him up for a while.

He'll be a Week 2 WW Add no doubt -- get in now for Free if you missed out

On 8/31/2019 at 2:49 PM, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Nailed it 😁

Added yesterday after no one gave him a look in my league. We may have something here!