Sign in to follow this  
mocha4313

FA Add/Drops? WHIR 100%

Posted (edited)

Redraft Points League that favors pitching (and especially pitching wins), devalues steals, punishes Ks for hitters and rewards walks

C- Grandal 1B: Rizzo 2B: (Empty) SS: Trevor Story 3B: Matt Chapman CINF: (Empty) MINF: Fernando Tatis Jr.

OF: Hoskins, Yordan Alvarez, Eloy Jimenez, Meadows, Soto UTIL: Nelson Cruz IL: Judge

SP: Verlander, Snell, Gerrit Cole, Nola, James Paxton, Flaherty, German Marquez, Pivetta, Lucchesi

BN: Scooter Gennett, Didi Gregorius, Altuve, Glasnow, Taillon

My two main players near the cut line are Didi and Pivetta.

My add for Didi would probably be an outfielder or corner infielder. These are the top bats at those positions: Garrett Cooper, Donaldson, Ramon Laureano, Schwarber, Bryan Reynolds, Vogelbach, Jay Bruce, Aaron Hicks, CJ Cron, Kendrick and Matt Olson.

My add for Pivetta would be another starter. The top ones available are: Pablo Lopez, Framber Valdez, Lance Lynn, Matz, Eflin, Kyle Gibson, Jordan Yamamoto, Merrill Kelly, Plesac, Trevor Williams and Logan Allen.

Right now I am leaning towards dropping Didi for Donaldson due to his sound statcast metrics and upside in that lineup but am far from decided.

On Pivetta I am even more unsure but right now am thinking I should give him one more start though my favorite potential adds are Matz, Gibson and Lynn.

Thoughts? Drop a link and WHIR

Edited by mocha4313

Agree on dropping Didi for Donaldson. Guy is heating up in that very good ATL line up. As for Pivetta, that is tough. I want to say give him one more chance, but the options you have tells me you can drop him & still have plenty of SP to choose from, should someone pick him up. 

Regarding W's, I lean Frambler, but cannot deny how Plesac, Yamamoto, & Pablo are pitching right now. They get any kind of  offense & their chances for W's increase. Very good options. Thanks for mine & good luck!!

• Thanks 1

Agree ... Didi for Donaldson. 

I’d really look into dropping Pivetta for Gibson. Especially since your league rewards Ws. Pivetta has been solid in his last 3 starts, but he tends to have elevated pitch counts that knock him out of games early. Again, he’s been good since his return, but I’d at least look into that swap.

See mine: 

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

For Pivetta, Gallen is also available to be added after his call up as is Dallas Keuchel. Right now, I am leaning towards Gallen.

Edited by mocha4313
  • Like 1

Thanks for your input. I would definitely drop Pivetta for Gallen, no doubt (I really dislike Pivetta)

as for Didi or Donaldson, that's tough. I think I would go Donaldson

• Thanks 1

I would for sure add Donaldson hes been hot for a week or so now and it could last for a long time. As for the pitchers I think Gallen is the way to go, unless you need someone for right now then I think I think I would go with Framber, Plesac or Lopez. 

thanks for the help

• Thanks 1

For batter replacement, Donaldson then CJ Cron. For pitching, I like to stay put and see what Pivetta does after one more start! I'm doing the same.

• Thanks 1

Get Didi he needs to be owned drop a mt for him, then dump some more mt for any other bats on the wire.