AirForceOne

D.J. Chark 2019 Outlook

Thoughts on this dude? Didn't see much action in his rookie season, but had a few nice grabs when he did play.
Looks like he'll be getting some starter reps this offseason, with Marquise Lee still a ways away from being 100%. 
With Foles as a potential upgrade over Bortles, is Chark worth a flier at the end of your draft?

What are your projections?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dmb3684 said:

He sucks

No way, Foles to Charkanado going to dominate in 2019!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Wow lots of good info there.

He got 32 targets in 11 games, which aint bad for a WR3 rookie on a bad offense. He has the tools too. However I did not see him play last year so don't really have a read on him. Definitely a late-flyer guy in bigger leagues at most. 

I don't think he'll do much this year but it is worth noting that his skillset as a long athlete with wheels and jumpball ability profiles favorably with Foles' love for pushing the ball down the field. Interesting dynasty guy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, J.T. Marlin said:

I actually dont know anythong about him except I traded for him in Madden because of the speed/size combo and he stunk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Love this guy as a late round flier. Tough to predict with jaguars receivers but he has the tools and now the QB. Good investment in that offense since Dede's price has risen considerably

• Like 1

Tempted to draft him. So that when he busts I can refer to him as "Shart," especially in the vent n rant thread.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Dreams And Dwightmares said:

Anyone got kids and have that baby shark song in their head when this guy comes up on front page?

Now I do. You a$&#ole.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

D J Chark, do do do do do do

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 6/27/2019 at 11:31 AM, mocha4313 said:

Love this guy as a late round flier. Tough to predict with jaguars receivers but he has the tools and now the QB. Good investment in that offense since Dede's price has risen considerably

i'd suggest chark is absolutely worth the 20th+ round draft pick in dynasty. many forget, chark was the fastest offensive player in the 2018 draft: 4.34 forty ain't shabby for a 6'3" WR . (DK Metcalf is the same size, though his 2019 forty gets more hype at 4.33, i guess because DK is 25 pounds heavier). it's not like the JAX receiving corps is flush with depth / talent. i like chark emerging in 2020.

but for redraft, we can expect the jags' offense to experience growing pains this season as they experiment with running up the middle, and then up the middle, and then off-tackle, and then up the middle. as long as the defense performs, at least armstead should have a great year.

for me, the redraft prospects for the jags WRs seem a crapshoot.

ThirdMemorableGar-max-1mb.gif

LSUUUU.0.gif

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Wow.  Don’t think anyone expected this game 1 of the season.  It was only on 4 plays, so not sure how repeatable but wow.

Charknado indeed.

on his first TD, I thought damn he looked like D Hop on that catch

Garder threw alot to him in preseason, so I think hes an add as a WR4 type

I dont expect Jax to be in pass mode like that often

1 hour ago, Golden Spikes said:

Garder threw alot to him in preseason, so I think hes an add as a WR4 type

I dont expect Jax to be in pass mode like that often

Minshew is definitely a gunslinger. Almost like a more accurate Jake Delhomme. This passing offense is going to be better than anyone expected. Even though it wasn’t close in the 2nd half, these young guns showed a lot of potential. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, AirForceOne said:

Minshew is definitely a gunslinger. Almost like a more accurate Jake Delhomme. This passing offense is going to be better than anyone expected. Even though it wasn’t close in the 2nd half, these young guns showed a lot of potential. 

The OC was also OC for Vikings last year and they threw a lot. They will be a passing team 

• Like 1

On 6/19/2019 at 2:29 PM, J.T. Marlin said:

:(

Flying under the radar with his 4.34 speed. Most explosive receiver on a roster starving for pass-catchers. He's got the most draft capital attached to him and there is limited competition for targets (Chris Conley is JAG, Fournette is not an elite pass catcher and they have no TE). Game script could be an issue and it remains to be seen how effective Minshew will be. Still, the path to flex status is a viable one for Mr. Chark. 

• Like 2

I think I am throwing him out there over Robby Anderson this week. Arrow is pointing up a little considering.

The Chark Attack is in full swing.   Congrats on those who picked him up off waivers, and really good call if you played him.

Edited by Sivaro

Marquise Lee outdated

Dede Westbrook overrated

long have we waited

Baby Shark ACTIVATED

• Like 1

Think I will start next week [...] 

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story

I think he has WR3 value, but could be even better if the Jags get into scoring position more often. Right now he is doing it on very few scoring possessions. That isn't sustainable. Reminds me of Hurns a bit from a couple years back.

Is this guy legit or what?  Two weeks with double digits and increasing targets... it's seeming more like a trend.

Edited by ThePerfectBeard