AirForceOne

D.J. Chark 2019 Outlook

8 minutes ago, affliction said:

The panthers faced az and hou no one on AZ is worth mentioning in comparison to shutting down Cooper and Evans. I’m still starting him though 

He shut down Hopkins.

4 hours ago, leffe186 said:

And here's the thing. That looks like his floor and his ceiling in the last two weeks, and that's about as good a floor/ceiling pairing as you'll see. You can't say WR1 based on just five games, but his lowest score was 6.40 in half PPR and Keenan Allen just racked up 3.80pts, Julio 5.7 (and a total of 13 in the last two weeks) and Mike Evans a big fat zero. It's getting harder to argue against DJ Chark as belonging in at least vaguely the same area.

i'm a believer long term but i am a little skeptical that teams might start to figure minshew out as they get more tape. he's playing well but round 6 QBs dont often finish top 10... 

i think he's a dynasty buy at almost any price and a redraft sell. you should get a lot for him right now and there's a good chance he ends up in a low WR2 ROS if minshew comes down to earth a bit.

19 minutes ago, astrongcupofjoel said:

i'm a believer long term but i am a little skeptical that teams might start to figure minshew out as they get more tape. he's playing well but round 6 QBs dont often finish top 10... 

i think he's a dynasty buy at almost any price and a redraft sell. you should get a lot for him right now and there's a good chance he ends up in a low WR2 ROS if minshew comes down to earth a bit.

Minshew is real. The fact that he has two solid receivers and a great running back will keep defenses honest. And even if he fails Foles will be back at some point. 

20 hours ago, affliction said:

I’m benching him this week I can see this being a low scoring game 

this aged well.

I benched him for Sutton this week.

Sutton is good too, but...Chark is the real deal, he will be on my starting roster ROS, unless MInshew gets hurt.

Posted (edited)

So impressive. The body control on that sideline catch, wow. Plus he’s that big and fast? Wow. Reminds me of Kenny Golladay but chark runs a 4.3.

Edited by jsch08

3 hours ago, jsch08 said:

So impressive. The body control on that sideline catch, wow. Plus he’s that big and fast? Wow. Reminds me of Kenny Golladay but chark runs a 4.3.

Think he ends the year right on par with Golladay? I think 85 catches and 10 TD's is on the horizon for Chark

Kind of upset I sold high a couple weeks ago. This dude is a stud. 

Buying high not a bad idea. I’ll mean could finish top 20 easily I WR. This is a trend so there’s still a window to get him 

15 hours ago, Monkeyman74 said:

Think he ends the year right on par with Golladay? I think 85 catches and 10 TD's is on the horizon for Chark

The skills are definitely there. I’ll say yes and I love Golladay. It will be interesting to track.

We have seen a monster season from a freaky WR on a bad passing offense. 2013 Josh Gordon. Unlikely to happen for Chark since that was such a huge season but there is precedent. Chark has the speed, size, ball skills, and body control to do it. 

Dude is a stud, but I just can't find a way to put him in my lineup. Is he the real deal? Am I really supposed to start this guy over DeAndre Hopkins or Keenan Allen? I guess the real question for me is, what is going to happen with Minshew when Foles gets healthy. If I'm not mistaken, both are signed through 2020. If Foles takes the job back, what does that mean for Chark? So many unknowns.

1 minute ago, wonderbread said:

Dude is a stud.

Nothing else needs to be said here. You put him in flex if you have to. No, you don't start him over DHop or Keenan. But you get him in your lineup somehow.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)

The Jags TE James O’Shaughnessy tore his ACL and is out for the year. That likely means more red zone targets for Chark. Everything coming up roses right now...

giphy.gif

Edited by Bingo Bandanas
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, wonderbread said:

Dude is a stud, but I just can't find a way to put him in my lineup. Is he the real deal? Am I really supposed to start this guy over DeAndre Hopkins or Keenan Allen? I guess the real question for me is, what is going to happen with Minshew when Foles gets healthy. If I'm not mistaken, both are signed through 2020. If Foles takes the job back, what does that mean for Chark? So many unknowns.

Yes. you start him over those guys if he has a better matchup. You have to stop playing the "name game". Once upon a time Hopkins and Allen broke out just like Chark and guys were saying "should I really play Hopkins over Anquan Boldin?" 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Bingo Bandanas said:

The Jags TE James O’Shaughnessy tore his ACL and is out for the year. That likely means more red zone targets for Chark. Everything coming up roses right now...

Yeah this should certainly net him a few more touch downs on the season.

3 hours ago, wonderbread said:

a TD scored in every game except one (called back on penalty) and was ranked 9th out of all WR before last week's dominating performance. His QB focuses on him ahead of westbrook and the TE just went down. How could you not start a top 12 wr? Especially when the folks you named have given DUDs in games. At least flex the guy lol

• Like 1

On 10/6/2019 at 9:32 PM, StevenSC400 said:

Isn’t that what people were saying about bradberry this week? 

they'll keep finding excuses but if it was a big name WR they'd start without hesitation. It's crazy

All I'm saying is if this god drops another 20 bomb this week I'm changing my team name to DJ Chark and however many fuggin dus they'll allow.

3 hours ago, Cord said:

I mean, Lattimore just held Evans to a goose egg. I give a slight s---. 

The same thing was said about his matchup against Bradberry (supposedly shut down Hopkins prior, Vegas lines were even mentioned) in here coming into the week, if you listened to the posters dreading the matchup and advising a sit, you would have missed out on his second 20+ pt game. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, AJx88x said:

The same thing was said about his matchup against Bradberry (supposedly shut down Hopkins prior, Vegas lines were even mentioned) in here coming into the week, if you listened to the posters dreading the matchup and advising a sit, you would have missed out on his second 20+ pt game. 

I’m starting him, but Bradberry didn’t shadow Chark last week. He did cover him, but just wasn’t the entire game.

Lattimore is more likely to shadow him. Firing him up anyways. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, yahyahtrick said:

I’m starting him, but Bradberry didn’t shadow Chark last week. He did cover him, but just wasn’t the entire game.

Lattimore is more likely to shadow him. Firing him up anyways. 

I'm a little worried about Lattimore after Evan's goosegg last sunday. Debating playing Chark or Evans (who has recently been terrible against CAR as well).