AirForceOne

D.J. Chark 2019 Outlook

8 minutes ago, trolltoll said:

I'm a little worried about Lattimore after Evan's goosegg last sunday. Debating playing Chark or Evans (who has recently been terrible against CAR as well).

U must be stacked. Both need to be started. 

21 hours ago, wonderbread said:

Dude is a stud, but I just can't find a way to put him in my lineup. Is he the real deal? Am I really supposed to start this guy over DeAndre Hopkins or Keenan Allen? I guess the real question for me is, what is going to happen with Minshew when Foles gets healthy. If I'm not mistaken, both are signed through 2020. If Foles takes the job back, what does that mean for Chark? So many unknowns.

What on Earth is your line-up? 😉 If you have Nuk and Keenan I'm guessing your RBs are at best decent, so then you put him in your FLEX.

9 minutes ago, leffe186 said:

What on Earth is your line-up? 😉 If you have Nuk and Keenan I'm guessing your RBs are at best decent, so then you put him in your FLEX.

4 man league? lol

Rotoworld in a nutshell:

Hopkins, OBJ, Evans, Adams, thomas etc: throw up multiple duds = Start your STUDS DUH!!!!!!!

Chark: Gives multiple double digit games in ppr with a TD in nearly every game and is top 10 WR right now = ehhhhhh idk "such and such" corner might shut him down. Can he continue to be consistent? I have a hard time starting him over "big name receiver who has underperformed their adp multiple times" or even getting him in my lineup

Anyone else see an issue here? 🤔

• Thanks 1

Just now, Guwop said:

Rotoworld in a nutshell:

Hopkins, OBJ, Evans, Adams, thomas etc: throw up multiple duds = Start your STUDS DUH!!!!!!!

Chark: Gives multiple double digit games in ppr with a TD in nearly every game and is top 10 WR right now = ehhhhhh idk "such and such" corner might shut him down. Can he continue to be consistent? I have a hard time starting him over "big name receiver who has underperformed their adp multiple times" or even getting him in my lineup

Anyone else see an issue here? 🤔

I think by Week 7 if the "studs" haven't performed then you make the move. But it is crazy to sit proven guys just because of a slow start. I'd definitely find a way to get Chark in my lineup though, even if that means flex. If someone is starting two WR or three WR, I can't imagine they'd have studs better than Chark. WR1 on your team, okay, but your WR2 probably isn't better than Chark. Certainly not your WR3. On my team we start 3 and he'd definitely be starting over Robert Woods who is in there for me now at WR3. He would also be starting over Boyd who is my flex.

22 hours ago, wonderbread said:

Dude is a stud, but I just can't find a way to put him in my lineup. Is he the real deal? Am I really supposed to start this guy over DeAndre Hopkins or Keenan Allen? I guess the real question for me is, what is going to happen with Minshew when Foles gets healthy. If I'm not mistaken, both are signed through 2020. If Foles takes the job back, what does that mean for Chark? So many unknowns.

If I was you, I would either trade him for a RB upgrade or plug him in your flex and start picking out a polisher for your championship trophy.

It would be illogical to go back to Foles at this point unless Minshew starts crapping the bed. 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I think by Week 7 if the "studs" haven't performed then you make the move. But it is crazy to sit proven guys just because of a slow start. I'd definitely find a way to get Chark in my lineup though, even if that means flex. If someone is starting two WR or three WR, I can't imagine they'd have studs better than Chark. WR1 on your team, okay, but your WR2 probably isn't better than Chark. Certainly not your WR3. On my team we start 3 and he'd definitely be starting over Robert Woods who is in there for me now at WR3. He would also be starting over Boyd who is my flex.

My point is that the "studs" still have folks claiming they are automatic starts despite the duds and a guy who is outperforming them week in and week out is still being questioned. The fact that underperforming studs aren't getting as many questions as a guy who gives you week to week wr1-2 production is wild to me 

Edited by Guwop
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Guwop said:

My point is that the "studs" keep still have folks claiming they are automatic starts despite the duds and a guy who is outperforming them week in and week out is still being questioned. The fact that underperforming studs aren't getting as many questions as a guy who gives you week to week wr1-2 production is wild to me 

You do understand that players like Hopkins, Adams, OBJ, etc have dominated over multiple SEASONS, and Chark has been dominant for 4 games this year.  Also, Chark isn't some new player...he played 11 games last year and had a whopping 174 yards

He's not in the same class as the guys you have mentioned, and that's why they are treated differently.  If Chark continues to keep it up, then perception will change, but to make an argument that we should all be treating DJ Chark like Julio Jones is laughable.  Where was all this greatness last year then?

If he's breaking out, then that's great.  Maybe he is a top tier WR and will prove it this year.  But 5 games into the season after a really poor rookie year....I'm not ready to anoint him as the second coming of Jerry Rice.

• Like 1

Just now, Brownsfan74 said:

You do understand that players like Hopkins, Adams, OBJ, etc have dominated over multiple SEASONS, and Chark has been dominant for 4 games this year.  Also, Chark isn't some new player...he played 11 games last year and had a whopping 174 yards

He's not in the same class as the guys you have mentioned, and that's why they are treated differently.  If Chark continues to keep it up, then perception will change, but to make an argument that we should all be treating DJ Chark like Julio Jones is laughable.  Where was all this greatness last year then?

If he's breaking out, then that's great.  Maybe he is a top tier WR and will prove it this year.  But 5 games into the season after a really poor rookie year....I'm not ready to anoint him as the second coming of Jerry Rice.

wrote all of that against a point i never really made. Never said he was jerry rice but rotoworld loves to ignore trends when it's not a big name superstar receiver. But hey let's keep finding reasons to bench a week to week consistent producer just because he did nothing last year and is a nobody star quality rise. We'll take gambles on rookie rb's hyped up with coachspeak, one and done jags in a timeshare, past prime wr's with a name and nothing else, boom/bust TE's who have one great week followed by duds, but someone with week to week production has concerns weekly...that's laughable. But let me get on the hate bandwagon so he doesn't get jinxed

lattimore gonna shut him down. Bench him until he proves himself guys

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Brownsfan74 said:

Washington state

pimp2.jpg

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

Chark: Gives multiple double digit games in ppr with a TD in nearly every game and is top 10 WR right now = ehhhhhh idk

This is what I was replying to.

I'll put it this way - Chark...on his current streak, is close to a must start right now.  That's fine.  But I'm not going to replace Hopkins or Michael Thomas or a healthy Davante Adams with Chark in my starting lineup.

Lets say DJ has 2-3 bad games in a row now....does he retain "must start" status?  Of course not.  But Hopkins has had a string of bad games and you will find 0 people in the fantasy community recommending to sit him.

Edited by Brownsfan74

I’m all aboard the DJ Shart JR train... Woooo Woooo... Leaving the station, full speed ahead, even if a little leaks out. 

12 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

But 5 games into the season after a really poor rookie year....

Yeah ummmmmm who was his qb his rookie year and who is that qb starting for now ?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, leffe186 said:

1 hour ago, MSkibisky said:

4 man league? lol

Not to get too "cool story brah", but you asked, so I'll tell. It's a 12 team auction league with 2 keepers. My rb's are Chubb, Fournette, and K. Johnson. 

Edited by wonderbread
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

I'll put it this way - Chark...on his current streak, is close to a must start right now.  That's fine.  But I'm not going to replace Hopkins or Michael Thomas or a healthy Davante Adams with Chark in my starting lineup.

Lets say DJ has 2-3 bad games in a row now....does he retain "must start" status?  Of course not.  But Hopkins has had a string of bad games and you will find 0 people in the fantasy community recommending to sit him.

I didn't say that. It must be a glitch in Rotoworld. It says I said that, lol.

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Brownsfan74 said:

which speaks to a larger point past performances don't put points on the board today. All I'm speaking to here is how a positive trend on a "newbie" is questioned and negative trends on stars are ignored. I'm not saying bench studs unless there is context to support it. I think Chark is getting into that based on the trends we're seeing (barring injury of course). McClarin was headed there before injuries and qb changes so i'm aware things can go south quick, but the trepidation in finding room to start a 5th ranked WR is where my issue was. Unless you're super stacked at wr you shouldn't have 3 wr's on your team that have outperformed him as of yet. You could do a lot worse. Might as well take this ride until the wheels fall off

Edited by Guwop

4 minutes ago, FitzMagic said:

I didn't say that. It must be a glitch in Rotoworld. It says I said that, lol.

Yeah it was guwop actually.  Might be the way I highlighted it.

27 minutes ago, Guwop said:

which speaks to a larger point past performances don't put points on the board today. All I'm speaking to here is how a positive trend on a "newbie" is questioned and negative trends on stars are ignored. I'm not saying bench studs unless there is context to support it. I think Chark is getting into that based on the trends we're seeing (barring injury of course). McClarin was headed there before injuries and qb changes so i'm aware things can go south quick, but the trepidation in finding room to start a 5th ranked WR is where my issue was. Unless you're super stacked at wr you shouldn't have 3 wr's on your team that have outperformed him as of yet. You could do a lot worse. Might as well take this ride until the wheels fall off

Hot and cold streaks are a factor in people's decisions, and should be.  But they also have to be in the context of how good the player is, and the best indicator of a player's ability is their past production.  Other things also factor in there (age, teammates, etc.) but that's typically the most important.

This is how I look at it....if I have Philip Dorsett and Deandre Hopkins, and both go off for 150 and 2 tds, I'm starting Hopkins the following week over Dorsett.  If they both have 1 catch for 12 yards, again I'm starting Hopkins the following week.  If 5 games go by and Hopkins has 200 yards and 0 tds while Dorsett has 450 yards and 4 tds, it becomes a much more difficult decision and I don't blame someone for starting Dorsett. 

But it would take something extreme like that for it to be a decision.  If Dorsett is outperforming Hopkins by like 20%, I'm starting Hopkins because I would have more confidence in Hopkins turning it around than Dorsett keeping it up.

Chark is playing great but it is literally the first time in his career that he has had this type of streak of production.  Meanwhile, every stud that was listed before has had even better streaks than the one Chark has, and much longer lengths of excellent production.  That has to be factored.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, MSkibisky said:

4 man league? lol

I'm in a 12 team, keep 2 (in place of 1st and 2nd rd picks) league, and I'm debating him in my flex.

If you're curious about roster...

QB - Rivers/Winston

RB - Zeke (k)

RB - Kamara (k)

WR - Godwin (4th)

WR - Kupp (5th)

TE - Kittle (3rd)

Flex - Chark (FA) / Fitzgerald (7th) / Coleman (6th)

And I have Bears D...

We're 2-3.

Flexed Fitz over Chark last week, cost me the game.

Lattimore is no joke, and Fitz is going up against my Falcons, who are bad at football, plus DJ may or may not be able to carry a heavy load.  Coleman feels like the safest bet, but I don't know.

Point is, if Evans isn't an auto start vs Lattimore (and it appears he shouldn't be), how can we say Chark is?

The QB rating stat is real nice though...

Edited by SadFaceHappy
Added draft rounds for perspective

5 minutes ago, SadFaceHappy said:

We're 2-3.

Wait, wait, wait. Who's we? You and the boys on the team? 😂🤣

14 minutes ago, collucho said:

Wait, wait, wait. Who's we? You and the boys on the team? 😂🤣

Lol

Coachspeak

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, wonderbread said:

Not to get too "cool story brah", but you asked, so I'll tell. It's a 12 team auction league with 2 keepers. My rb's are Chubb, Fournette, and K. Johnson. 

If it's 2RB, 2WR, 1FLEX then you probably only use him for bye week cover or look for a trade to upgrade one of those RBs (Kerryon, ideally). I don't know if you can ever start Chark if you're that loaded, but almost nobody out there will be.

3 minutes ago, TheBoondocks said:

giphy.gif

That was from June. 

• Haha 2